Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 164 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

Emira 460 weighing 1250/1275kgs sounds like a winner (to me) depending on suspension & brake set up and freeing up some space behind the (proper) seats; poss exchange GT430

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I've seen a few posts on LinkedIn and there was a 'restructure' yesterday and a fair few people are looking for work. 😞

• Sad 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

What was the reason for people being let go? Always a shame when it happens and never understood why companies don't do more to try to retrain and reallocate.

Lotus seems to hire vigorously, then fire vigorously, over the past few years.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

23 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lotus seems to hire vigorously, then fire vigorously, over the past few years.

Those at the top appear immune to consequences but can move on to the next phase despite their mistakes.

Personally I think they’re losing/lost the plot, issues over draconian brand protection will be the death knell. Sad but looks like we’re being force fed chow mein 😞

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Lotus UK registrations for June = 164     year to date   574

for comparison - MG -  who years ago only registered 93 cars in the UK for one whole year(2012)  - this June's regs are 8314 a YTD 44046. 

• Like 1

Lotus website still showing 46 roles available in the UK (I think, the number changes when you zoom in/out on the map). 34 at Hethel across most functions. Mixed messages for sure.

On 25/06/2024 at 11:45, C8RKH said:

Now that would be a great idea. An Emira Sport 430 and 460, followed by an Emira 430 Sport, to follow the legacy labelling. (Sport before the number = lighter, more hardcore, Sport after = softer, more GT orientated, I believe).

I think a lot of people would be very tempted by a Sport 460 as long as the price was realistic, and surely it would scare the shit out of Porsche as a nice side effect.

Alas, it won't happen with the V6 though I believe. Such a shame.

Emira 460..... what a dream...... When it comes to lotus, always be prepared to be disappointed. The aftermarket world can mate a DCT to the V6, while Lotus still use an adapter plate to mount the gearbox to the v6 in an Emira, says how much investment they are willing to put in to the only ICE car they currently produce.  

Lotus web site has a new dealer  for West London, Showroom and service centre.

110 Power Road, Chiswick, Middlesex, W4 5PY

(that post code covers a Volvo dealer  - Endeavour , and an MG dealer.)

Ineos site.

https://www.endeavourautomotive.co.uk/ineos-grenadier/contact-us/ineos-west-london/

• Like 2

....and Lotus Cheshire (Oakmere/ Christopher Neil) are now just a service centre.  New Lotus Manchester Showroom/Service Centre (HR Owen)

Edited by webfoot
added extra info

On 08/07/2024 at 04:24, dooie said:

Alas, it won't happen with the V6 though I believe. Such a shame.

No more V6s for Australia now, I've heard. Only the four pot...

59 minutes ago, stevensr34 said:

No more V6s for Australia now, I've heard. Only the four pot...

Hmm, I will retire in 12-18 months max and would like a car to see out my days. My Evora has been the best car I have ever owned (and the longest owned), but I will need something new(er) to tick one more ownership box. No Lotus V6 = no more Lotus for me :(

I'll have to look at how much Aston my money will buy instead. It will be a sad day for a Lotus owner since 1987....

Probably heard there's a VE coming - sorry spelt that wrong - EV.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfoot said:

New Lotus Manchester Showroom/Service Centre (HR Owen)

The guys that used to be at Lotus Exeter had mentioned HR Owen as a possibility but not sure there is a good site here in Exeter. 

Hendy Lotus in Eastleigh have now got a larger dedicated Lotus showroom on site.  The previous smaller area is now for Maserati.

Hope that's a positive sign.

See today 'South West Lotus Centre limited' have become 'SWLC performance limited' so dropped the actual word Lotus from their name, perhaps the factory are cracking down on using the brand name??