Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 18 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I was just about to post that link but thought its a good idea to search if anyone has already posted it.

Your videos are pieces of art, some of the finest on Youtube!

Also lovely to see you put so much effort into the Esprit. Watching the video made me realise how much I already miss good weather, less travel restrictions and most of all road trips!

• Thanks 1

On 28/12/2020 at 22:17, Barrykearley said:

Get a bloody safety shield on your grinder !!!

What and miss the warmth around my midriff??

On 29/12/2020 at 19:48, snowrx said:

... I'm guessing  coveralls will show up on your Amazon list soon...

Be nice if I could lure a workwear label onboard ;)

On 31/12/2020 at 20:19, hml_xy said:

... Watching the video made me realise how much I already miss ... road trips!

Getting a spin in my first Lotus is almost my sole motivation in life now! Thanks for the kind words :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, GTK said:

What and miss the warmth around my midriff??

Please chap - get a shield - the warmth is fine. If and when a disc let’s go - it can cut you in half and have true life changing injuries. I’ve thrown away good grinders - just because guards are not fitted - it’s not worth it

• Like 1

Only here once

Not to go against what you're saying, you're right 100%, but you only have to have one disc let go to learn the lesson about putting even a tiny amount of lateral twist on one. I'm fearful of the grinder so I treat it with respect and concentrate so intently on how I'm using it that I sweat [and don't notice I'm setting myself on fire]. I cut straight lines in well supported thin sheet, using high quality discs. I always wear a mask and goggles and touch wood it's been years since I pinched a disc in the metal, or twisted one so it came apart. I'm moving to pneumatic now anyway so it's moot, smaller thicker discs, but I hear you man :)

• Like 2

Just saw a medical ER show where a patient had a a sawblade chunk removed from his head. 

He lucked out It went in parallel to his nose and stopped just short of entering the brain. They removed it in 2 steps, first was a bolt cutter to remove about 3" while he was awake and then up to surgery for the rest. All was well in the end ,but talk about luck!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I never would have thought a woodworking router would have worked on Aluminium. Were they special cutters for metal?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

On 31/01/2021 at 11:54, tomcattom said:

Were they special cutters for metal?

Just plain old HSS router bits. I even chipped that one when routing a piece of ply some time back. I chipped it with a screwdriver trying to free it from the chuck. Luckily not on the part of the face that creates the radius.

Just awesome...  All that filming..  Still think it would be great to re-enforce the heater box suspension..

Either way wow!

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?

On 06/02/2021 at 21:43, Bentzion said:

... it would be great to re-enforce the heater box suspension..

Not sure I'm following? Do you mean the grey plastic that holds the heater? It's unfeasibly thin for sure. Was thinking carbon fibre might be a suitable replacement for the slightly cracked one in my car.

51 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Nicely done, love the new 'hover mallet'! :D

I got cross eyed :D

29 minutes ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

... It's been amazing to see your YouTube Channel grow. 

Def wouldn't still be making the videos if it weren't for Valet Pro's support, cheers Greg :)

7 minutes ago, Dan E said:

@GTK brilliant as usual,  although I must point out I haven’t seen a coal powered jigsaw for ages. Did you get it from The Early Learning Centre? 

My folks had a Black and Decker franchise when I was about 10, and on Saturdays I'd hang out with the repair techs [this is back when you could have your steam powered tools, even your kettle, repaired]. I had an interest in woodwork so one of the techs built me that turquoise jigsaw out of shop reconditioned parts. So it's a Frankenstein unit, and you jest but it's never let me down, and I was very glad of it when I broke my lovely Elu rig during the filming of the last episode. Both tools at least 30 years old. Actually you might have noticed at times I was pinching the flex up into the handle. That's because there's a loose connection and I haven't had a chance to open it up and rewire 😅

• Haha 2