Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora...problems?? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora...problems??

lorenzor

There is a saying that you either love your car despite its faults, or hate your car despite its virtues.

Sounds like you moved firmly into the latter camp.

Fair enough - good luck with your new car.

The 640i is a lard bucket and all those fancy electronic gizmo's will make the £3k for a new Evora clutch seem like a bargain IF they go wrong.  The 640i will be ideal for cruising A roads in the UK - quite quick (in a straight line), reasonable ride, but very big for smaller roads.  However, wish you the best with it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On 16/10/2018 at 19:30, CocoPops said:

I think the latter.

I’m sure the BMW is more up OP street.

To be fair, it was hatters that turfed his Evora for a Beemer.

Lorenzor (the OP), hasn't been back on TLF since he posted this topic.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ahh my mistake.

Still, he’s probably gone to a BMW/Merc/A.n.other :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 1 year later...

I know this forum thread dates back a number of years but I wanted to join to get an update on Evoras. I'm looking to purchase a third hand 2014 Evora with 25k on the clock. The current owner is fastidious and the car visually immaculate with full service history and a very well regarded Lotus service team here in Sydney, Oz.  The plan is to use it as my every day car travelling about 10k a year and I drive like miss Daisy. Am I dreaming or is this a reasonable plan I have in mind..

Several use it as a daily driver and know of one that has done 125k miles with no issues

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Rob T said:

I know this forum thread dates back a number of years but I wanted to join to get an update on Evoras. I'm looking to purchase a third hand 2014 Evora with 25k on the clock. The current owner is fastidious and the car visually immaculate with full service history and a very well regarded Lotus service team here in Sydney, Oz.  The plan is to use it as my every day car travelling about 10k a year and I drive like miss Daisy. Am I dreaming or is this a reasonable plan I have in mind..

Try this and this.

@Rob T totally realistic. You won't lose much on depreciation and running costs are low. In 15,000 miles on my 10 year old Evora (2 years of ownership) I have spent almost nothing. 

Bibs is spot-on, they are better the faster you go but if leisurely is your way, you will still have a sense of occasion every trip.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Sadly the rear trim thingy that goes over the top of the rear glass on mine has broken. Apparently it’s a common issue part number A132B0209S. I’m shocked at the price of one. Oh well..

Only here once

@Barrykearley as is mine, I think it's  called the sail panel, plus both the A-Pilar trims have cracks as well. Just an excuse to get some CF replacements , plus the trims around the rear lights that are no longer chrome. But factored the cost of these into the buy. Just fixed the Cruise on mine , not working when I bought it and replaced both post Cat Oxy sensors, not expected, but it's a 10 year old car so you factor these things in. As @mik said "There is a saying that you either love your car despite its faults, or hate your car despite its virtues" and I know which camp I fall into.

• Like 2

My rear light surrounds also went milky, so I took them off and painted them black.  Also changed the LOTUS lettering to black and it looks so much better. My car is white so it was an easy decision.

I damaged my sail panel annoyingly, £400 for a new one.  The old one had already been repaired at some point in its life.  

Been thinking about blacking up my Lotus and Evora scripts, too.   What did you use to do that? Plasti-dip doesn't work too well on chrome/aluminium, unfortunately.

Black spray paint works fine. Followed by a coat of clear, to give it a bit of longevity. 

15 hours ago, cdco said:

I think it's  called the sail panel

It’s not. That’s just an internet thing, for some reason. 

11 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It's officially 'Ventilation Panel, Engine Bay'. 👍

Opportunity missed - Sail Panel sounds much sexier so you could charge twice as much over a ventilation panel... :lol:

The small print.

47 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Black spray paint works fine. Followed by a coat of clear, to give it a bit of longevity. 

It’s not. That’s just an internet thing, for some reason. 

Well you live n learn ... Should have read up a bit better before being a smart a**e.

1 hour ago, EGTE said:

Been thinking about blacking up my Lotus and Evora scripts, too.   What did you use to do that? Plasti-dip doesn't work too well on chrome/aluminium, unfortunately.

As Bravo73 mentions you could spray them, but I had already purchased a new set of letters which were already black (actually a chrome set painted).  The current lettering is a different font to what was fitted to earlier Evora's, its slightly shorter in height but broader in width.  It looks much better in my opinion than the older style, and I didn't have to apply new D/S tape to the old letters as a bonus.

If you like how it looks now then by all means spray your own letters at the same time as the surrounds, its what the factory did.  Just make sure you use a fine sandpaper to give the a key rather than a coarse as I did when doing the light surround and had to do loads of coats to get rid of the scratch marks.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Bibs said:

It's officially 'Ventilation Panel, Engine Bay'. 👍

Ooh that probably makes it cheaper if it doesn’t include boating terminology 

Only here once