Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GT430 - Page 107 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GT430

KAS-118

8 minutes ago, SH said:

Mines not particularly 'brutal'.  To me, it's just a fairly normal auto-box change.  I suspect it's just a case of it being judged against the silky-smooth dual-clutch units out there.

Ours is quick but by no means brutal 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

On 01/01/2019 at 18:55, TpupNomad said:

I know this is a very difficult question to answer but any feedback would be appreciated.  Can anyone comment on the real world differences between a GT430 with and without the sound deadening?  As a point of reference I have owned an S1 Exige (Motorsport version which was basiclly a german spec car with a roll cage and without AC).  I’ve also owned an Elise Sport 190 (track only Motorsport spec), and an Exige S240 (USA Street Car).  I’m building out a spec to order the US GT430 should they announce them and don’t have any idea what the relative noise level would be.  

It would also be helpful to understand if a GT430 with the sound deadening is similar or the same as an Evora 400 (I can test drive one of those).

This car will be a street and track car but not a daily driver.  As a point of reference, if someone has the Evora and a GT3, I have a 991.1 GT3 and a 991.2 GT3 Touring.

Thanks!

The GT430 is the same car as the 400 aside from the engine setup, wheels, some weight saving, and cosmetic's pretty much, so trying a 400 will give you a very good idea - it won't be the 100% the same but 90%. The sport 410 has a different suspension setup but I think the GT4*0 has the standard 400 setup suspension wise (someone confirm?). The GT430 would be a great street/track car. 

2 hours ago, bosshog said:

The GT430 is the same car as the 400 aside from the engine setup, wheels, some weight saving, and cosmetic's pretty much, so trying a 400 will give you a very good idea - it won't be the 100% the same but 90%. The sport 410 has a different suspension setup but I think the GT4*0 has the standard 400 setup suspension wise (someone confirm?). The GT430 would be a great street/track car. 

I would say that's selling the GT430 a bit short.  It has different suspension components and significant aero updates.  Have a look at this YouTube channel, he produces some really good videos with commentary which illustrate the GT430 differences really well..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiTxRYskOChrG2rjUutGRWQ

• Gold FFM

Thanks for the comments and link to the videos; I have watched many of those.  Sorry, I'm a bit jet lagged and didn't ask my question very well.  The UK GT430 lists "Sound Insulation" as an option.  I was asking how livable the car is without it and how the noise levels (with/without) might compare to an Exige which is my only other Lotus reference point (my comments about owning an S1 and S2 Exige).

Thanks!

Roy

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

• 1 month later...

A question for GT430 Automatic owners.  Do any of the auto's come with the adjustable traction control?  Latest parts list shows a deletion of the +/- buttons, but I didn't think the was always so.   Over here in the US we have so little information on the car.

3 hours ago, Julian73 said:

A question for GT430 Automatic owners.  Do any of the auto's come with the adjustable traction control?  Latest parts list shows a deletion of the +/- buttons, but I didn't think the was always so.   Over here in the US we have so little information on the car.

Uk autos don’t have TC.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

Further to my question above regarding Automatics w or w/o TC; chancing down wiring harnesses it seems that six (6) 2018 GT430 Autos were built with variable TC:  

auto Vins HH_20540, 541, 542, 566, 567 & 601 After that the feature was removed.

21 hours ago, Julian73 said:

Further to my question above regarding Automatics w or w/o TC; chancing down wiring harnesses it seems that six (6) 2018 GT430 Autos were built with variable TC:  

auto Vins HH_20540, 541, 542, 566, 567 & 601 After that the feature was removed.

I am one of the early 2018 built GT430 Auto owners , There is no variable TC, no dial up traction slip using the +/- buttons as no +/- buttons. They are blanked out, the digital binnacle display will therefore not show the system as present cause it's not!

Hope that helps

My car is for sale:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-gt430-2-0/9438189

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-evora-gt430-2/

I'm looking for a quick sale.... please pass on to anyone you think might be interested. 

Thanks, T

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon! 

US dealers have schedule meetings with Lotus Cars US this week (20/21).  We should have specs and pricing in hand for US 410/430 by end of week.   If anyone wishes for me to ask any particular questions during the meetings, please send me a pm.

-Brian

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Evora 400 said:

I wish you a nice Sunday from Germany.
Here is a picture of today's ride.:driving::happydance:

EVORA GT 430.1.jpg

Absolutely stunning, tell us more is this a special order?

1 hour ago, au-yt said:

hello au-yt. The painting was realized at the factory in heltel at my request. Of course, the 'extra' cost a little bit, just like the golden powder coating of the rims. what i will do soon is the installation of a power increase by the fa. komo-tec, where I bought the GT 430, and who also realized the painting in connection with the factory in heltel.

19 minutes ago, Evora 400 said:

hello au-yt. The painting was realized at the factory in heltel at my request. Of course, the 'extra' cost a little bit, just like the golden powder coating of the rims. what i will do soon is the installation of a power increase by the fa. komo-tec, where I bought the GT 430, and who also realized the painting in connection with the factory in heltel.

Congratulations, best looking Evora colour scheme and spec ive seem, makes me want to have my white 400 done the same!

with white can be done a lot.
if you are looking for other color scheme.
lotus launched the lotus elan sprint in the 70s with many different color combinations.
Just use google and enter lotus elan sprint and you will see very nice color combinations that have the tradition. Of course, only the red gold white paint is a reminder of formula 1 times.

New Image.jpg

Great selection of ELAN Sprint liveries. This was my Sprint.

Do you have any 3/4 rear pictures I would like to see how they did the rear of the car please

1971-lotus-elan-sprint-26176_a1ac3539fa9705b5_480X360.jpg

Edited by au-yt
  • Like 1

@Evora 400 phwoah. Love a sprint colour scheme, although I prefer blue personally. 

Having done the same on my V6, I know how much that would have cost you. I wouldn't do it again actually, the white is a massive PITA to clean if you ever take the car on track. But it doesn't half look great on a 430, superb!

DSC_0088.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

@Evora 400 phwoah. Love a sprint colour scheme, although I prefer blue personally. 

Having done the same on my V6, I know how much that would have cost you. I wouldn't do it again actually, the white is a massive PITA to clean if you ever take the car on track. But it doesn't half look great on a 430, superb!

DSC_0088.JPG

Yellow for me my old Exige sprint 

89F4AC40-9039-4FB5-8997-DDC87DCB1723.jpeg

@scotty435 I had a blue S2 Exige Sprint as well before the V6.  @jonnyboy sold it a few weeks ago (4.5 years after I'd moved it on admittedly).

On 24/02/2019 at 20:57, au-yt said:

That Sir, is a lovely car.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!