Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

• Gold FFM

Great name by the way. Do you think when he can drive he will be able to buy a car and not take the engine and gearbox  out or even ( I know this is a shocker)  buy one with the engine and gearbox already installed? 

• Haha 2

Boxes full of sexy bits. Makes a change from a sexy box for your bits

39 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Great name by the way. Do you think when he can drive he will be able to buy a car and not take the engine and gearbox  out or even ( I know this is a shocker)  buy one with the engine and gearbox already installed? 

Barry believes that they came from the factory like that. Kit car heritage an' all...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

I had absolutely no intention of getting another. This was a proper curve ball car.

some stuff you just have to do as you’ll be dead one day. I keep reminding the missus this caper is just the warm up for my real midlife crisis. 

I know I’ll be swearing and cussing shortly. But the plan is simple. The S4 is going nowhere until this S4S is back together and has an MOT. Then the S4 will be sold.

job list.

Fit os tank in and trim panels on.

Fit manifold on

Fit flywheel and clutch.

Plenum bits to powdercoaters.

plenum on

gearbox on

lump in the car.

done....

Only here once

Hmmmm

You went for another abbreviated list of jobbies there Barry.

Knowing you and what you will find when you start taking things apart I reckon you could treble the post length. Just saying like.

But I know you well enough that you will not lose out in the end, there is method to your obvious madness my friend!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

There will be absolutely no mission creep here chap. I need this one running first.

I simply didn’t with the S4 - it was a case of do what needed to be done over winter. The game plan has adjusted somewhat. I can’t justify the cost of bush replacements etc without thinning down the car count.

it will however all get done - again..

• Like 1

Only here once

That's a stunning looking Esprit you've bagged there Barry. Look forward to reading the instalments in this new saga once you get going.

At least on this one your powder coating will be colour coded to the car :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

10 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Keep the air of mystery chap - helps with the piss taking. I won’t tell anyone your secret ?

been out poking the car and looking at the boxes with Danny tonight - getting a real sense of deja vu now 621E61B6-0053-476E-B8AE-6DB74EA794BB.thumb.jpeg.ff07485759a7caf81ff3236892e0db2f.jpegEE5D006D-9400-40DE-99A8-D9CF2AA5DABF.thumb.jpeg.96fbeee07502c00297f3ffa2e7a2f33c.jpeg

Good grief, Airfix have started selling Esprit’s.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Oh, it's most scientific.  I've pumped various historical data pertaining to your recent Lotus adventures into my algorithm generator, and the result is, well, fascinating.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, Dan E said:

No, you will have to wait, then expect some photos with big obstacles in front of it. 

Also need to see if this one leads to divorce first! 

while the divorce is being settled I will come pick up the Esprit for safe keeping as I know what's coming next he he.

:sofa::ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Just awaiting a delivery of different sealants and locking compounds - then I can get the flywheel refitted.

breaking it down into small work chunks makes it seems easier.

rotated the crank today - yep - it is indeed timed up correctly. Think I am going to leave this on a black belt for now

Only here once

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Way to go Barry .well done .No stopping you .....Did you manage to get that story rain deer out of your kitchen ....Mike

Sorry guys meant to say stray rain deer ......Mike

Bloody deer turned into a Cookie Monster 

• Sad 1

Only here once

Looks lovely bazzer. Out of interest how much would a restored S4S go for these days?

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Looks lovely bazzer. Out of interest how much would a restored S4S go for these days?

Just to chip in, I’d say if the restoration is done well, that around £30k would be my suggestion as to it’s value. 

• Like 1