Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

pete757

Sure sports racer prices will be a lot closer to early 400 price point in the near future and could overtake them in the years to come.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Still won't beat a good NA though.

So what about a Sport Racer NA then?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

@C8RKH interesting thought.  Why do you think the NA will do better than the SR?  I thought the NA and SR were very similar if the not the same mechanically, apart from the supercharger but there were a few styling and interior updates for the SR?

@mayevora I guess thats the ultimate combination?

Just to put another point of view, I think late model S cars will be more in demand than the more common SR’s 😛😛

Unique colours, Empire Green/ Essex Blue with extended leather interiors. 2nd, 3rd & 4th last S1 cars built were Essex Blue

26 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

There is no doubt in my mind, endorsed by others including at Lotus and even racing drivers, that the NA was the better handling car than the S - the supercharger added weight high up and raised the COG - so whilst the SC car has more power, on the road it is the better car to drive. It just gives more (the S will be quicker on the track). My NA had no problems on the road keeping up with a 400 driven fast. The circa 0.3-0.4s 0-60mph time on the road just does not make any difference in reality.

👍👍

Track driving is 90% about the driver & 10% the car, unless you’re just interested in speed down the straights
You only have to see how @Foxy peddles his NA around the track to realise that.

33 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

👍👍

Track driving is 90% about the driver & 10% the car, unless you’re just interested in speed down the straights
You only have to see how @Foxy peddles his NA around the track to realise that.

You missed also that on the road, some people will take stupid chances and so might be faster, but also you need big balls both on road and track to be at the limit and willing to risk an off. I drive fast on the road but like to think I have never been at MY limit - the Evora's limit (any Evora) is a dozen notches higher than mine will ever be. On the track I drive as fast as I feel comfortable, but always at the back of my mind is I need to drive home in that car. Racing of course is different and I hope to try that one day soon.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

For the purposes of this thread, SR are obviously the best!

As a new buyer they look great inside and out, and have no ‘must have’ options or packs to watch out for.

Also as the last of the S1 cars they are probably about the best build quality? Possibly the 410’s are also in that bracket, but prices of these are way higher for the moment.

• Like 1

MSG green with the red SPORTS PREMIUM interior is the best. lOVELY...

Image result for lotus evora motorsport green

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You have a keen eye - it is Silverstone.  I've been looking for a few months and had my eye on this car for a while.  I also read most of the market watch thread looking for mentions of this particular car but it's never happened, which I'm hoping is because it's pretty unremarkable as SRs go and not because it's such a basket case that no one would touch it....  

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, Spanky3 said:

New member. Not a great photo but you get the idea. SR S IPS on a 63 plate, I reckon it must be the only SR specced with black calipers 😶...

20191101_120744.thumb.jpg.04dadfab9a19b4a2bfc17c7f5a794ce1.jpg

Lovely, how are you finding the IPS? I’ve also seen a few with black callipers.

Thanks.  The IPS thing started as a cheapskate head Vs heart thing to be honest:  Manuals have the risk, however remote, of an expensive clutch change and they also fall into the £500 a year road tax bracket.  IPS is 200 quid cheaper tax  and no clutch to worry about. 

When I drove the IPS I was very pleasantly surprised.. In Drive it's perfectly ok - smooth changes and a very relaxed drive.  In Sport its completely different.. nicely timed changes,  nice use of revs that varies depending on how you are driving the whole thing just works really well.  Paddle shift is good once you adjust to the lag.  The day I picked it up I was wondering if I'd done the right thing as it just didn't feel quite right not having to change gear but a week on and I'm sold on it.  For me at least the IPS will be the right choice about 80% of the time and I've got the Caterham for the other 20%.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find the IPS gets better the harder you drive it. Mine feels a little hesitant when doodling about, but feels plenty sharp when pushing on.

I always have it in Sport mode (unless coming on going at unsociable hours*) and I use the paddles all the time. 

*of course, when leaving home, the neighbours have already been woken by the boom when the engine starts 😜

• 1 month later...

It’s made in Hong Kong I believe but they can easily be shipped anywhere apparently!  I wasn’t sure initially but it’s growing on me. I intended to garage the car and use at weekends only, but I like it so much and looks so sexy, I keep it outside and drive it regularly - May need to up my insurance mileage!!