Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 37 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

So close......  but no show for me ......   Yes that was me surrounded by the boys in blue on the A11...     Alas as some of you may know it was my sixtieth birthday yesterday and i still have all my teeth,  which is more than i can say about my gearbox today.  crunch bang grind..  was the noise it made, which is probably the same noises some of you are you going to do tonight :animier: 

All have a great time sorry i missed the fun..   

Dave

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

That for me,  was the best all-round Lotus meet I've been to! Weather was perfect too. I was able to chat briefly to Bob Dance, and he said the  purest F1 race car in the line of beauties (for him) was the 32B. No extras, no wings etc.

Nice to see you again Bibs, and your efforts as always, are appreciated. 

• Like 1

Thanks Bibs and all at Lotus. An excellent day and obviously a lot of effort (and expense!) went into this.  Fantastic!

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Fantastic day.

Great to meet people and put names to faces. Met Neil Turner of customer service game, what a thoroughly nice guy, clearly cares about Lotus and customers.

Looking forward to next year!!

Would love to see the drone pics too!

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, CHANGES said:

So close......  but no show for me ......   Yes that was me surrounded by the boys in blue on the A11...     Alas as some of you may know it was my sixtieth birthday yesterday and i still have all my teeth,  which is more than i can say about my gearbox today.  crunch bang grind..  was the noise it made, which is probably the same noises some of you are you going to do tonight :animier: 

Dave

Hi Dave, I was sorry to see you on the side of the road. If I'm honest I was pleased you had just broken down....the boys in blue made me fear some off roading had occured - especially given the large Silverstone tribe had left Newmarket minutes before. Hope all is well.

Bibs, you are a star....thank you for the invite and I also appriciate all the effort you and your team put in. Well worth 8 hours in the car today (well it is a lotus so worth it anyhow). Also, thanks for showing me how the alarm works. Im actually deaf in one ear at the moment and was subconsciously laughing at someone's car alarm going off - didn't actually realise it was mine while I was sat in it. All together now....you plonka David!

Apologies I was last on the stand so couldn't get to say hi to everyone but love this forum. 

Travel safe everyone!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Yes certainly looked and sounded like everyone stuck to that😂

Well I thought if Tony Shute can light up his tyres off the line then that’s permission to get your foot down 🤣

Thanks Bibs.  Excellent day.  So worth the 500 mile round trip in the 211. Thanks for arranging the weather too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

and keep to 15mph......🤣

didnt hear the 15mph bit . had tripple digits and then some, racing line through the corner.. im blaming @Gm77 he was in front i heard his exhaust and he disappeared rapidly up the tarmac  i just followed :)what with the epic journey to the factory was the absolute perfect start to the day!!! for the next hour or so after we arrived all you could hear was screaming cars along that straight...  brilliant..

• Haha 2

Didn't make it along today, but watched some of the live stream and looked like an excellent event.

Know we've had our differences in the past Bibs, but hopefully all water under the bridge these days, and congratulations to yourself and Lotus for the work in putting it all together, and thanks for sending through the the SELOC tickets. 👍

Edited by Thorburn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CHANGES said:

Dave

Sorry to hear that, I did wave back when I saw you parked there, but it was a bit last minute!

(Relieved to hear it wasn't an accident)

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

2 hours ago, andyj007 said:

OUTSTANDING! that was such a fantastic day, from start to finish..  

Summed up perfectly.  Not enjoyed a day out like this for ages.  Well done to everyone involved.

• Like 1