Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 201 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

1 hour ago, MarkieT said:

Well, i popped into Hoffmans to look at the 430 and someone has placed a placed a deposit already!

Prob just as well as I would found it hard to walk away (finances not withstanding).

It looks absolutely mint.

Should have bought their 400 HE instead!! :whistle:

• Love 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had a 400, so don't want the same car even if they are great  - a 410 is just about different enough with all the carbon bits and the 430 on another scale.  The 430 did look and feel like a special car.

Mind you the GT 410 sport at B&C is also very nice considering the milage (which is high by lotus/sports car standards but not by normal car standards).

@MarkieT was just kidding - it's my old car.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

On 20/03/2022 at 01:23, PAR said:

I am pretty sure this is the other way around, you can’t spend that money when you are young but only when you get older as your pension , house etc is sorted. Leave cars rather than money to your kids!

Nothing like spending your kids inheritance

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Unfortunately those days are gone, government wants your pension funds, will further tax the crap out inheritance and anyone who has worked hard and saved will have to subsidise those who didn’t. That applies to any government  in the Uk now. Oops wrong forum..

On a brighter note  I did test drive the gt410 auto at b&c today. Nice considering the mileage, there’s a little scuff on the dashboard trim, windscreen needs replacing, a couple of minor scratches but fair enough for the mileage . I’m definitely thinking about it but it’s Hobson choice at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkieT said:

Unfortunately those days are gone, government wants your pension funds, will further tax the crap out inheritance and anyone who has worked hard and saved will have to subsidise those who didn’t. That applies to any government  in the Uk now. Oops wrong forum..

On a brighter note  I did test drive the gt410 auto at b&c today. Nice considering the mileage, there’s a little scuff on the dashboard trim, windscreen needs replacing, a couple of minor scratches but fair enough for the mileage . I’m definitely thinking about it but it’s Hobson choice at the moment.

Windscreen would be about £2k, no? In Australia the part is AUD2,600 and it’s a front clam off job.

Windscreens are replaced free in UK under most insurance policies, less a minor excess with some, without affecting any NCB or claims history. 

Bell and Colvill would sort that out prior to sale. If a chip, many can be repaired. I had one in the eye line, it was repaired by a local firm for £50. I didn't bother involving the insurer.

The McLaren windscreen was £3,500 fitted.... insurer paid and I insisted McLaren main agent did the work, not Autoglass. Only McLaren supply screens for their cars, there are no aftermarket ones. 

Justin

• Gold FFM

Everyone has different perspectives on priorities but I do have a chuckle with comments of 'for the mileage' and 'high miles' on a car circa 30k miles.

Great value and black shark fins work on that colour. I'd make the wheels silver.

Charcoal and black trim initially looks a bit tame but I had an S with that spec and it grew on me. Classy.

Justin 

38 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

This won’t hang around for long at this price (£30k):

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/evora-huge-spec-low-mileage-superb-main-dealer-history/

Now that's the car all these "thinking about buying an Evora" guys should get right now and stop all the window shopping and tyre kicking 😖

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TdM said:

Everyone has different perspectives on priorities but I do have a chuckle with comments of 'for the mileage' and 'high miles' on a car circa 30k miles.

Yes it’s all relative, 30k on my family Honda CR-V would be considered perfectly normal.

Past owner of a Liquid Blue NA stunning colour in the sun agree on the wheel front would look better in silver and for me it would look better without the black pack.

B610599E-6E8D-485E-B1EE-927D0ADBA3AF.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Rambo said:

Now that's the car all these "thinking about buying an Evora" guys should get right now and stop all the window shopping and tyre kicking 😖

They are all now in hiding. Just wait until that cars marked as sold - and *poof* as if by magic they will reappear 🤭

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Great find. I spent a long time looking at cars and prices for that part of the market and found mine a couple of weeks ago with almost the same spec, less the 2bular exhaust, and on 31k miles for the same price. I would be going to see that one with a view to buying if I were still in the market! 

A few seem to be offered for unrealistic prices which makes it hard to gauge what a good deal is, but I think from my very recent experience that looks perfect for someone in my position.

15 hours ago, jep said:

Windscreens are replaced free in UK under most insurance policies, less a minor excess with some, without affecting any NCB or claims history. 

It will appear, and be declarable, on the claims experience. Some insurers may not take it into account, but I checked recently and most (mine included, which is one of the largest providers) do require it to be disclosed as part of the claims experience.

Funny though as in 33 years driving I'd never had a windscreen damaged, then across the families cars we've had 1 new windscreen and 3 repairs in the last 18 months (none going through the insurance).

Autoglass are now charging stupid money for a private repair so I wouldn't use them.

15 hours ago, jep said:

Repaired FOC, but usually an excess for replacement, I'm with LV and the windscreen excess for the Evora is £500!  It's completely nuts as the policy excess is only £150.  As my mate pointed out, "if you crack the windscreen, you may just as well write it off, you'll save yourself £350!

Great feedback thats what this forum is all about. Fantastic info for potential customers 👍