Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 102 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 08/10/2019 at 09:40, Bibs said:

To step up to a new GT410 Sport from my NA I was quoted my car plus £10k + £800 a month for 4 years. That was far too steep a cost for the step in performance/car for me. 

It sure was pretty though! 

20181214_124417.jpg

@BibsThis is my current car, had it since March and it is an absolutely amazing machine 😎

However im starting to get a bit twitchy on the depreciation so thinking of going back to an older S or an Elise Cup :driving:

Edited by j141

3 hours ago, LotusFella said:

What are 400s going for these days.  Any likely hood of in the 40s?

Not far off the 40s at a dealership and looks a nice car, limited edition so yes probably can get one in the 40s

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/evora-400-hethel-edition-3-5-2dr-coupe-automatic-petrol/10100388

11 hours ago, LotusFella said:

I dn't know the car, but it is one of the very ealy S models. They weren't released until Nov 2010 and very few were sold then.  What's a VIP model?

If looking to buy check the recall and service history. Also check whether the later 2012 gear cables have been fitted.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Not far off the 40s at a dealership and looks a nice car, limited edition so yes probably can get one in the 40s

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/evora-400-hethel-edition-3-5-2dr-coupe-automatic-petrol/10100388

Love car not sure above loud red interior?  Although it’s growing on me. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

Love car not sure above loud red interior?  Although it’s growing on me. 

It's not so bright/reflective in reality, and suits the car perfectly. 

The red interior is a very nice place to be, missing my old 400 interior to be honest ;) The top of the door cards, carpets and dash are black to give a nice contrast IMHO

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

On 13/10/2019 at 15:35, j141 said:

@BibsThis is my current car, had it since March and it is an absolutely amazing machine 😎

However im starting to get a bit twitchy on the depreciation so thinking of going back to an older S or an Elise Cup :driving:

Oooh, what a beauty, I'll swap you an S1 Evora if you like?

On 07/10/2019 at 22:01, C8RKH said:

my god did that car talk to you. 

That is exactly what the Evora does better than any car I have ever driven, and if you don't understand what that means, you need to drive one to experience it. Personally preferred it over the Elise.

yes long time hence trying to see if the owner was on here to ask about it.  Looks to be agents selling on behalf.

On 14/10/2019 at 01:35, j141 said:

Depreciation is always going to be an issue, doesnt mater what it is, and the vibes I get from people on here is they miss the cars when they sell them so just hang onto the car and enjoy it. My 400 is the first "new" exotic and Ive lost all the gains I made in the classic market, but I wont go backwards as Ive made that mistake and wont do it again.

The Evora series are exceptional cars overlooked because they don't know they exist. The best bit is they are not pretentious cars like Ferrari's Lamb's and Porsche's. there Ive said it😎

• Like 1

100% agree with this. I had to sell my first Evora Sports Racer in 2016 regretted it immensely, In the interim I’ve had an Alfa Brera, M135i, E90 M3 and and new MX5... I’ve lost an awful lot in depreciation on those in the last few years (more importantly they were all rubbish compared to the Lotus).. by contrast my old Evora would have only depreciated only a few grand.

Also agree on the brand in general - the cars have the presence of a supercar but without the associated stigma of driving something with a Porsche / Ferrari / lambo badge 

• Like 2

Anyone know this of this car history or previous ownership, etc.  Talking to the owner he seems pleasant and genuine.  Not sure if he’s on here or not. Also what should I be looking out for on a 2010 launch edition.  On it’s first clutch, so will be needed in the 5-15k I guess.  how difficult is it to take the rear clam off to do it.  Not time wise but difficulty.  I have a 2 post lift.

cheers Chris

• Gold FFM

They reckon it’s a 30hr job to do @LotusFella - it sounds more tedious than difficult. Let’s face it you only need to split the box and swap the clutch....

im dreading doing mine 😂

Only here once

27 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

They reckon it’s a 30hr job to do @LotusFella - it sounds more tedious than difficult. Let’s face it you only need to split the box and swap the clutch....

im dreading doing mine 😂

That’s what I thought time rather than difficult. I look forward to your YouTube video of it. 😂👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LotusFella said:

Also what should I be looking out for on a 2010 launch edition.

FYI, but it’s not a Launch Edition. (The Evora was launched in 2009 and the first cars were NA only. This car is an early S). 

Changing the clutch isn’t particularly onerous (once the gearbox & engine are separated). It is removing the engine which is the onerous (and time consuming) part of the process. Incidentally, unless they have been abused, clutches can go for 50k+ miles. This car has only got 25k miles on it. 

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Changing the clutch isn’t particularly onerous (once the gearbox & engine are separated). It is removing the engine which is the onerous (and time consuming) part of the process. Incidentally, unless they have been abused, clutches can go for 50k+ miles. This car has only got 25k miles on it. 

My 2010 normally aspirated is 61,000 miles on the original clutch. It sees a lot of town driving and has done all its life. 

Justin 

PS. No doubt clutch failure next week! 

11 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

FYI, but it’s not a Launch Edition. (The Evora was launched in 2009 and the first cars were NA only. This car is an early S). 

What makes you say it is an 'S' ???

Owner seems to think it is NA ?

M.