Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 121 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

The final S1 builds were “specials” My Essex Blue S1 was 1 of 3 & 4th last Evora S1 built for the U.K. (ex my certificate of provenance) At the same time, iirc what I was told when deciding between the 2 colour options,  I believe there were just 2 Empire Green cars built.

As said they were fully loaded non SR cars but the Essex cars in particular did not use silver on the dash inserts, hence my reference to “using up parts from the stock bin”

2DDB0D3A-F430-459F-8575-51600D0A7742.thumb.jpeg.a0a5dbcd531b81d276802dc1391117d1.jpeg

• Like 1

I appreciate info from all and I have made enquiries.

Sadly the car also has only two recorded services. One at 1100 miles and one at 33400....theres no other paperwork at all with the car.

The combination of the very high price, huge servicing gap and rear repair rumours put this one out of my comfort zone.

I agree it's a beautiful car though!

Edited by Reindeer

31 minutes ago, Reindeer said:

…Sadly the car also has only two recorded services. One at 1100 miles and one at 33400....theres no other paperwork at all with the car.

The combination of the very high price, huge servicing gap and rear repair rumours put this one out of my comfort zone…

I wouldn't give two hoots about the lack of service history. A modern car could simply shrug that off even if nothing had been done at all, whereas in all likelihood it has been serviced, just not by a Lotus dealer. Who cares. Oil is oil whoever puts it in the car. Bear in mind that manufacturers have for years been designing cars and oils that can survive huge mileages, yet all the while pretending to their customers this all needs to be checked and/or changed every year, even if the car's not been used. This is quite frankly balderdash. Borders on fraud really and unnecessarily creates huge waste that certainly doesn't help the ecology of our planet. The manufacturers design their cars to be as reliable as possible as that helps to sell them, but they also need their dealers to be profitable in order to stay in business to sell the cars. It's something of a rock and a hard place conundrum which they neatly avoid by fooling their customers into thinking all this work has to be done or the car will fall apart which is utter nonsense. Contact breakers, carburettors etc did often need to be checked, but servicing a modern car is oil and filter and truth be told, not much else of any importance, unless you consider changing a good as new cabin air filter to be vital to the long term integrity and reliability of your car.

The only issue this gap raises is the future resale value due to the aforementioned potential customers mistakenly terrified of any missed scheduled services. if all car owners understood the reality of the situation, this would no longer be an issue.

And yes, I once worked for a motor manufacturer.

• Like 2
“You can’t have too many bikes"

• Gold FFM

Resale value and resale time. The car is expensive for basically no service history. Unless you are going to offload it to a garage you could be sat on it for a loooooong time and a garage will certainly knock a big chunk off for not having the history.

I'm also not buying into the fact that you don't need to change the oil. It's probably not going to grenade if you don't for a year or two but who knows how much wear over a long period little bits of metal have been causing floating around the engine. Oil also goes off which doesn't help and if the car has been sat around doing nothing much for a long time, you need to check the aircon and all of the rubber bits, seals etc. which could have perished.

On 06/08/2020 at 19:18, Troy5925 said:

Looking at buying my 3rd lotus after owning an S2 Elise Racetech and S2 Exige N/A

now that I have a daughter I now need back seats

so I’m looking for a low mileage Evora S?

I’m thinking of upgrading my 2010 S for a 400.  It’s done approx 26k just had aux belt, new clutch master and slave cylinders and collecting the wheels after powder coat Wednesday, new marine grade stainless steel wheel inner mounts Pioneer apple Carplay stereo and battery in January . Looking for 32k

54DB5C26-DE90-435B-AB9C-F8A895A67198.jpeg

A2B58F7B-35E3-4459-9324-D1B0F4EA9C90.jpeg

3 hours ago, PaulCP said:

The final S1 builds were “specials” My Essex Blue S1 was 1 of 3 & 4th last Evora S1 built for the U.K. (ex my certificate of provenance) At the same time, iirc what I was told when deciding between the 2 colour options,  I believe there were just 2 Empire Green cars built.

As said they were fully loaded non SR cars but the Essex cars in particular did not use silver on the dash inserts, hence my reference to “using up parts from the stock bin”

2DDB0D3A-F430-459F-8575-51600D0A7742.thumb.jpeg.a0a5dbcd531b81d276802dc1391117d1.jpeg

Yours is a lovely car Paul and I know you looked after it well.

However, a good example in the picture of where Lotus lost points on the interior - the black door handles should have stayed silver. They don't look right to me.

Then the original silver dash and ICE cover would have blended seamlessly with the buttons and knobs, the gearstick and the handbrake circles.

That then would have looked epic. Although any excuse to pop a piccie of my old S1 interior (checkout the silver ICE fascia and the venom red and the gearstick etc. Looks sweet. I never did get around to getting the handbrake lever in red but that would have happened if I had kept the car.

Gotta love the S1 interior. Lotus did a superb job with that. Superb!.

5abfba245ae43_C8RKHinterior1.jpg.76d49eb77e3cb18d2cde8d6b4083b78a.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Wow - that’s a bargain right there for someone 🥰

• Like 1

Only here once

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Why would the selling dealer tell you that and then not follow through with more facts/information re what, when, etc?  

It was in a non lotus / non specilaist sports car dealer (eg probably came via an auction) so the car looked at little 'out of place' in that dealer at the time (in april 19)

I recall when i called them they said they 'were not aware' of any damage but on close inspection they advised me it looked like it had evidence of damage / paintwork repairs to rear drivers quarter.

easiest solution would be to have it properly inspected by a main dealer - £250 for peace of mind.

construction and property consultants : My company

@Reindeer you can't go wrong with Bell and Colvill. Give Jamie a call, he will tell everything about the car, they don't sell rubbish, it will be top notch with a proper PDI and warranty.

I bought my Evora from them in 2018. 50,000 miles, 8 years old. Now 65,000 miles. 

Justin 

• Like 2

Good luck Tom! Jamie at B&C has a superb reputation.

The small print.

I was seriously considering purchasing a grey 2014 Evora S, number plate 'EVORAS' and emailed the owner. The next thing I knew it had been removed from Carsales.com. Does anyone know the contact details of the owner (Jon?) as I stupidly didn't keep the car in my favorites tab.

Sadly no reply as yet from @trcm

Still struggling to find one!

Was hoping to be able to enjoy the last of summer before she got tucked away for Winter

Do people believe more may show up on the market as winter approaches? Has that happened in previous years?

Thank you

Tom

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Reindeer said:

Do people believe more may show up on the market as winter approaches? Has that happened in previous years?

I bought my manual Sport Racer in December 2018

I’d say Winter is a great time to buy but not necessarily the best time to sell.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi Folks, just wondering what you all think of this Evora?

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10744725?cId=10112445&cId=10751128&cId=10189611&cId=10410550&cId=10410353&cId=10744725&cId=10259729&cId=10100388&cId=10642969&cId=10643121&cId=10395424&cId=10474714&cId=10391618&cId=9217183&cId=10639163&cId=10085451&cId=10471689&cId=10539122&cId=10637829&cId=7612933

Is the price right for the very high miles? Don't know if I should consider this one or spend more money for less miles? Thanks for any advice, Dave