Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 174 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

£34k for a 2009 2+0 NA without all of the packs, eh? Good luck with that one. 

That’s criminal - what a waste of a car. The owner of that should be tied to a tree and repeatedly kicked in the bollocks for cruelly keeping that car locked away unused.

sadly - I’m sure there’s actually plenty of evoras just like this hidden away. Mine had 14336 miles on it when I got it at over 10 years old - I rattled it upto over 20k in a year or so. These cars are meant to be used. 

the truth is - there will always be idiots whom value low mileage cars highly. I wonder if their women are frustrated?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Those 'fresh from the garage cars' aren't worth paying more for unless you are going to put it in a collection in my opinion.

You instantly worry about putting miles on it for risk of ruining it's USP. Better to buy a high miler and enjoy it all the time.

• Like 2

I disagree. You could stick 20,000 miles on that <7K miles car in short order and still have a valuable low mileage car when you decide to sell. Stick 20,000 miles on say a £4K cheaper 40,000 miler and you’re in to 60,000 mile territory and new buyer concerns about £3k clutch replacement and other wear and tear. That’s really going to lower the value. Worst still, you might have to get the clutch done at your own expense during your ownership. It’s simple logic that a car which has been driven 7000 miles will have significantly less wear and tear than a 40,000 miler. Finally you are right that a super low mileage car will also appeal to a collector if he decides to pamper it, so there’s another potential market.

• Like 2

I bought my car to use it. I’ve done bugger all miles in the last two years because I can’t use it in the way I intended. I will argue with anyone that my car is more prepared, more serviceable, and more drivable by any metric you care to name than most Evoras out there, other than an ohlins equipped 430.

Low miles rotting away. What a load of spheroids.

@Brussyour car is a well loved, sorted project car that has seen little use in 2 years. Stop getting carried away by comparing it its level of roadworthiness (which we KNOW is high, to a car that has done 600 miles a year for 11 years. Massive difference there so let's not be stupid comparing apples with kiwis eh.

@LotusLeftLotusRight - si it's perfect and needs nothing spent on it. Hmmm. Tell me again why cars with practically no use need to be recommissioned? A car is like any other mechanical beast - parts can seize etc. With that mileage I bet it's still on its original tyres. Spirited drive on potentially squared off 11 year old rubber anyone?

As someone said, not used enough for the usual gremlins to appear.

Yes could be a great buy. But does need a thorough check and probably a grand or so spent on it. 

We can have different views, that's fine. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

31 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

‘Cos they look betterer, innit. 

😉

Like I said not for me, just my opinion nothing more 🤷

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I disagree. You could stick 20,000 miles on that <7K miles car in short order and still have a valuable low mileage car when you decide to sell. Stick 20,000 miles on say a £4K cheaper 40,000 miler and you’re in to 60,000 mile territory and new buyer concerns about £3k clutch replacement and other wear and tear

Chap - when I sold mine with 20k on the clock - I had some folks sucking through their teeth worried about the clutch 🤭

seriously - I really don’t know why folks bitch and cry about a consumable item which lasts 60k normally 

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I don’t think any Evora is so old and decrepit that it needs recommissioning. That’s for cars that have been left in a barn for 30 years.

Feel free to buy it and report back - my POV is just that, my POV and is not gospel. Also look back on here re the comments about the Stratton GTE's being sat around for years etc. I just do not think it does cars any good to be practically unused, the most problematic cars I have had were the ones that were not used properly and regularly. That low a mileage the car will have been started cold and hardly ever run to full temp, so cats, fuel system etc could, or could not, be clogged etc.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/why-an-ultra-low-mileage-car-could-be-a-maintenance-nightmare/

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

All cars are started cold. Only the one owner knows how long he drove it for. Why would cats, fuel system etc be clogged? This is a modern Toyota engined car. Why wouldn’t it work properly? 
I have no interest in buying it, but discounting a potential purchase because it’s a few grand more than higher mileage rivals seems insane to me. As you say, each to their own.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Yep looks a good buy all 3 packs, the bigger diamond cut wheels, auto not for some buyers, adding black pack is not for me sooner leave it as it came out the factory, it’s not a sports racer why try and make it look like one? 

Love those wheels. Would like a set for mine

• Like 1

On 23/05/2021 at 16:02, scotty435 said:

Looks like the owner as been to a few Evija events, Silverstone Lotus last year.

Was at Castle Combe today, and its a manual.

DSCF1391.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Was at Castle Combe today, and its a manual.

DSCF1391.JPG

Ah man. It’s gorgeous! Someone who knows the owner reached out but said the current owner keeps cars for the long term. 

Can’t say I blame him, when the car looks as good as that! I’d still buy it in a heartbeat though! 

Edited by Wake

20 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

All cars are started cold. Only the one owner knows how long he drove it for. Why would cats, fuel system etc be clogged? This is a modern Toyota engined car. Why wouldn’t it work properly? 
I have no interest in buying it, but discounting a potential purchase because it’s a few grand more than higher mileage rivals seems insane to me. As you say, each to their own.

Petrol starts to go off after around 6 months, IF kept in a sealed container. If not, it can off faster - basically it starts to break down and loses it's purity.  Leave it long enough and allow oxidation to occur and you could get deposits/impurities that can lead to internal engine damage. All of this "could", not "will" and like with most things you can be lucky, you can unlucky.

Yes all engines are started cold and it is accepted that significantly more engine wear occurs whilst it is cold, than hot with all the fluids at the rest pressures, temperatures, pressures etc. So an engine that "may" have been run more often "cold" may well show more wear than you'd expect.  Again, it's a may, not a will.

Neither of us know how the car has been looked after so who knows. BUT, valves etc, and their seals, are meant to be used, by being used the seals get lubricated etc.  

Anyway, I'm not arguing about this. My PERSONAL view is that I would not be buying a 10 year old car, with such a low mileage with the view of taking it out for some long, hard runs without it being fully checked before hand.  Anyway buys it who just puts it straight to hard use then good on them. It's their car so their choice.

The small print.

On 28/05/2021 at 21:22, Barrykearley said:

Chap - when I sold mine with 20k on the clock - I had some folks sucking through their teeth worried about the clutch 🤭

seriously - I really don’t know why folks bitch and cry about a consumable item which lasts 60k normally 

Well if you had let people test drive it to assess it perhaps that wouldn’t have happened .... 😉😉

7 hours ago, Hughesy83 said:

This is a bit of a rare evora it’s a GTS one of three built apparently.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11746802

The comments on here are going to be interesting once the chop-top photos are added....!

• Gold FFM

I doubt there’s an owner on the planet who would have let a prospective purchaser drive their for sale Evora in the snow with no proof of insurance in place chap.

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

I doubt there’s an owner on the planet who would have let a prospective purchaser drive their for sale Evora in the snow with no proof of insurance in place chap.

FFS, I can't believe some people @Barrykearley. I mean what is unreasonable about wanting to test drive a performance car, on normal road tyres, in the snow, without confirming insurance etc? (aside from the fact having no insurance whilst driving a car on the road is illegal), or maybe they just thought a hoon around a field would be fine, you should have it offered that a "red letter day" groupon experience - come and drive my V6 mid-engined sports car in the snow, for free, no insurance required, etc.

• Haha 1

The small print.