Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 196 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

29 minutes ago, Intrepid said:

Unfortunately I need a 2+2! This looks a good avenue for someone to investigate though...

I was thinking about this one for you

Evora’s are a niche market. Which favours buyers and sellers, pending spec, condition and colour combination

Not sure if it was mentioned on this thread but from memory there was a Cat D one which sold/ advertised  last year at circa £25k 2+0

There hasn’t been many 2+2 which haven been listed at sub £30k; How about that green one mentioned on here? 

4 hours ago, Intrepid said:

Cancel that! He's put the price up by £4k. It's had none of the major work done yet (cables, clutch - of course, they don't need doing but it is all cost that could hit soon), suspension and tyres need doing now, and two damaged nearside wheels concerns me... I will leave it. Been offered a 70k mile Evora S IPS for £35k which looks a good car - I worry about selling it @ 100k miles in a few years time though...

When I was looking, the options poised the same thing IPS S or a manual NA. I stuck to my plan and went manual NA. As good as all these auto, dsg, dct, pdk or whatever each manufacturer call it and I’m sure they are all brilliant; but the manual will be a thing of the past in the near future I feel 

On 19/02/2022 at 09:40, r3nault said:

Photos a bit low res to tell whether it has the sports exhaust. Does have the forged wheels though, expensive option and makes the price sound pretty good!

Those exhaust tips look just like the ones on mine so at punt it's the Janspeed/Lotus sports exhaust.

Good for him if he gets close to the asking for it as it looks like the negative twin of mine when  I got it including the forged wheels just with lower miles.

• Like 1

You're quite right, now that I see it on a bigger screen they are definitely blue tipped. So, two expensive options ticked, would be well worth a closer look for anyone in the market.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Techyd said:

Just wondering why you think the suspension needs doing after 33k miles? Did the seller say it needs replacing??

Certainly £34k for this example is on steep side in my opinion, thought it was well priced at £30k

Only upper ball joints were mentioned as advisories on the last 2 MOT's

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Nearside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Intrepid said "Yeah, it was on the last MOT and the seller has mentioned it as an upcoming job"

If you see a Evora 400 Hethel Edition  at Lotus Silverstone it’s not for sale they are fixing window dropping issue passenger side thinks the door open sets the alarm of .

20 hours ago, r3nault said:

I’m sure someone can correct me, but I believe wheels were about £1k each and exhaust about £1500ish

£1k a corner!? 

1 hour ago, Ba55uma said:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12990125

Is this the same ones that was advertised privately with some fancy pictures? 

If it was how much was it before?

On 18/02/2022 at 15:32, windymiller said:

On 20/02/2022 at 15:58, Intrepid said:

Cancel that! He's put the price up by £4k. It's had none of the major work done yet (cables, clutch - of course, they don't need doing but it is all cost that could hit soon), suspension and tyres need doing now, and two damaged nearside wheels concerns me... I will leave it. 

On 20/02/2022 at 16:17, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

He’s probably put the price up because of advice on here for buyers to put in a low ball offer because it might need some work doing on it. I hate that car buying mentality. It’s a 12 year old car: he’s not offering it as factory fresh. Why should he reduce his asking price, just because you might have to spend a few quid on it at some point?

On 20/02/2022 at 19:19, Rambo said:

Me too. I think the seller is chancing his arm 

And probably a TLF lurker as he has hiked hìs asking price by £4k so he can knock a lot off for the wheels and other work that may be needed

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Celica said:

£1k a corner!? 

Something like that. Perhaps slightly less for fronts. Forged wheels are hella expensive, cheapest on market for Evora are BC Forged from HethelSport, about 3300 USD from memory (before shipping and taxes)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, r3nault said:

Something like that. Perhaps slightly less for fronts. Forged wheels are hella expensive, cheapest on market for Evora are BC Forged from HethelSport, about 3300 USD from memory (before shipping and taxes)

All I know is when Ollie at Phoenix saw mine had them he just said they were an "expensive" option when the cars where spec'd

39 minutes ago, jep said:

I prefer the standard wheels and skinnier tyres. NA felt more nimble and pointy than the S I briefly owned.

Justin

The Forged and Cast are the same size. It is the 19/20s that are different, but I'm not sure what they called them. 

As long as you don't have the turbines then all is good :sick: (nb, this comment doesn't apply to drug dealers)

59 minutes ago, Markindevon said:

Just took a look on Hazelnet at the 2010 price list and the forged wheels were a £1495 option in silver and £1795 in anthracite.  No idea of current values!

Or you could have bought a set from Lotus for £600 when they cleared the warehouse :whistle:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

From the Evora S1 Service Parts List for reference. 🙂

Evora Wheels #1.JPG

Evora Wheels #2.JPG

Evora Wheels #3.JPG

Evora Wheels #4.JPG

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png