Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 200 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Mind you the gt 410 sport at b&c is 30k ish cheaper ..

https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/all-used-cars/used-lotus/lotus-evora-gt410-sport_lg19juc

although high-ish miles for a 2019 car, though I guess that is reflected in the price.

does anyone have any background on either - my wife is insisting on an auto and I don’t want another 400.

image.jpeg.02fe720ba78acc2c8d753e067f2ae8d9.jpeg

11 minutes ago, MarkieT said:

Mind you the gt 410 sport at b&c is 30k ish cheaper ..

Not as special as a GT430. Also depends if you like or dislike the aero on the 430.

1 hour ago, MarkieT said:

Funnily enough, the missus just said the same thing…

41 minutes ago, MarkieT said:

my wife is insisting on an auto

Why are you still wasting your time typing to us?

Get your credit card, get your ‘phone & get it done. 

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Was owned by a guy on TLF, he bought from Hofmanns, very rare being an IPS.

you can't take it with you......

I’m very relieved it’s IPS, that stops me being tempted…Emira due in August and have to decide about my Sport Racer..🙄

7 hours ago, MarkieT said:

I need to keep telling myself that I'm too old to be spending 90 grand on a car ....

but its exactly what i want ..

https://hofmanns.co.uk/cars/lotus-evora-gt430-ips-22/

image.png.a73bf8385a142295e9151fa63b434d8f.png

I am pretty sure this is the other way around, you can’t spend that money when you are young but only when you get older as your pension , house etc is sorted. Leave cars rather than money to your kids!

9 hours ago, Giveitfish said:

Look up leglessgarage on Instagram and scroll back - my guess is it was his. Mileage and spec match. He replaced it with an Alpine.

Spot on. He returned it to Bell and Colvill in July 2021, I assume a straight sale. 

Alex has an Emira on order. 

Justin 

7 hours ago, PAR said:

I am pretty sure this is the other way around, you can’t spend that money when you are young but only when you get older as your pension , house etc is sorted. Leave cars rather than money to your kids!

Yes turning 55 this year and mortgage pretty much gone,  i don’t want to be working past 58/60 in the big corporate world - had enough of it. Just seen all my 2021 pension contributions wiped out by market conditions so more likely to be 60 before I downshift so this will be my last expensive car (well how true that is remains to be seen) .

My exige  350 comes to be end of its 2 year finance deal in next couple of months so I’ll prob put it up for SOR shortly with Silverstone and see what I can get for it.

However it would be rude not to go and see the 430, given I’m only 30 mins down the road from Henley.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Not as special as a GT430. Also depends if you like or dislike the aero on the 430.

Is it just me, of does anyone else dislike the aero thing on the 430? Reminds me of the local chav's Subaru 🤔

I prefer the looks of that GT 410 sport but I guess it comes down to personal choice or whether you actually benefit from the increased downforce

IMHO one reason the 430sport did not sell well, was it looked too much like the gt410 sport also bearing in mind the difference in price between them.

Stunning car but I do still struggle to reconcile with the rear wing. It just looks to Halfords I'm afraid to me on the Evora. Fine to my eyes on the Exige strangely.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Spotted another Evora with the rear seats missing this morning

1E119C55-A016-4971-AC92-55778C1392C8.thumb.jpeg.e8088e88f8446cd1835ef16f2c33e252.jpeg

Do you mean a 2+2 with the seats taken out or a 2+0 with no seats in the 1st place?

Well, i popped into Hoffmans to look at the 430 and someone has placed a placed a deposit already!

Prob just as well as I would found it hard to walk away (finances not withstanding).

It looks absolutely mint.

Interesting. They were a very tough sell at £120k+ when new. 

It perhaps shows that Evora's principal problem was price when fresh from the factory. Elise probably the same once it hit £35k+. A new Lotus always seemed 10%-20% too dear since around 2008 to those outside the believers (and even to many believers). 

Geely will no doubt solve this issue.  

Justin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkieT said:

Hoffmans to look at the 430 and someone has placed a placed a deposit already!

Anybody on TLF???