Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gillette new Advert "Anti Men". - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Gillette new Advert "Anti Men".

Kimbers

This new Advert is absolutely getting a kicking as "Anti Male". with over 280,000 dislikes and only 50,000 likes it is being seen as tarring all men with the same brush plus lots of other negative setiments about being a man. So your thoughts. Is this kind of Anti Men feeling ok? (Directed by a female).

My thoughts are that this has totally missed it's target audience. Firstly no one wants Proctor and Gamble telling them they are bad because they are men and secondly only 1 man in each scenario does anything while up to 20 do nothing. That's not only wrong is misrepresents our Gender as the Majority would do something. Just my Opinion.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I am sooooo tired of all this bullshit.  Or cowshit.  Or ruminant excrement.  Or whatever doesn't melt the snowflakes.  FFS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Bring back Gene Hunt is what I say. 

Problem is there is a major over correction going on, and it's all one way. Yet to see 50% of men win custody battles, for example, yet people can openly state that "the next CEO/Head of etc" must be a woman (regardless of who is best for the role). Try stating that the other way around.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Break up a fight between young teens like that in the UK and you end up stabbed and dead!  There's a lot wrong with society and this advert is wrong too. Imagine if a bloke had directed an advert about women bullying (they can be far more vicious physically and on social media and way more vindictive in my opinion at times). But hey, it's OK to tar all us men with the same brush just to sell a freakin' razor blade. Sigh...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Arianna Grande song is called "God is a woman"

I said to my 10 yr old daughter that I found that offensive - she did not.

I then asked her whether the statement "God is a man" was offensive? - Yes immediately.

Thankfully, she recognised the discrepancy.

I think we men may be able to start to push for discrimination!!!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

On 15/01/2019 at 19:03, Barrykearley said:

It’s all a long way from the good old days when a tampax made you a better skater

The good old days, when I would only let her go skating after she had finished peeling the spuds....

its all gone Pete Tong.... IMO

• Haha 2

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

I do insist on doing the cooking, though. Put quite simply, it's safer.

Agreed.  Last time we were at yours she was trying to polish my spuds.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Back on topic, clever lad.  Although I did throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I’m confused. Some blokes rant on about people the world being too sensitive, then an advert says to stop acting like a d**k, and the same men loose their s**t ?!?

In no way does the advert say either sex need to take a back seat, it says men should not letch over women, not patronise and talk down to people, not stand by and let bullies beat up a kid on a street. 

Whats causing the offence? 

And if people are offended by an advert telling them what to do, it might be worth figuring out that every advert you have ever seen has been developed with the sole intention of manipulating you, so it’s a bit late to be offended by it.

• Like 2

Adverts can only have a direct message instructing you how to use a product? 

What’s a puppy got to do with having a dump? But no one seems to be worried about Andrex not running an advert saying “if you just been to the bog, clean yourself up, we can sell you soft paper, it’s less irritating than newspaper” on a loop.

9 hours ago, MrP_ said:

I’m confused. Some blokes rant on about people the world being too sensitive, then an advert says to stop acting like a d**k, and the same men loose their s**t ?!?

Because the advert is basically accusing every man of being a Harvey Weinstein. Most men don’t need to be told and if a similar ad were produced targeted toward a different demographic it would cause uproar and likely be banned. 

You have obviously escaped the worst of “diversity and inclusion” that has been going on for the last couple of years. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

53 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Because the advert is basically accusing every man of being a Harvey Weinstein. Most men don’t need to be told and if a similar ad were produced targeted toward a different demographic it would cause uproar and likely be banned. 

It really doesn't. No man that I know (or I doubt you) would ever agree sexual assault on a woman is correct, fair or has ever been acceptable. However some men do think it's OK to letch after a woman and make her feel uncomfortable. People are perfectly entitled to call the women being offended a snowflake I guess, but I'm personally not raising my daughter to enter a world where she should be able to do anything she wants, and I hope not have her boss keep pinching her arse or a supplier complimenting her tits (as her Mum had in the early days of her carer) 

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

You have obviously escaped the worst of “diversity and inclusion” that has been going on for the last couple of years. 

As for the worst of diversity and inclusion. Yeah you'd probably hate me. I've been a big advocate of increasing women in policing at work, both on officer and staff (mainly because I've seen mixed teams perform better and I just think it right), as well as always employing/selecting mixed teams, I have actively fought for not including quotas as I firmly believe the right person for the job is the right person, and that should not be managed by targets. It's just a treat others how I want to be treated, or how I would want my family to be treated. 

I doubt we're going to agree on this, but at least it's raised the topic so if nothing else the advert has been worth that just to raise the debate (my view, no one else has to share)