Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 24 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

I don’t believe they’ve sold 130 for a second but they have to play the game as everybody else does. Best way to sell a hypercar is to tell a billionaire he can’t have one. Then lest him stew for a bit before telling him the good news that a build slot has become available if he’s quick and pays in full.

Fantastic news for Lotus of course if they have sold 130 Evijas, it will get them off the hook financially and will allow them to forget all about the current range and focus entirely on what comes next. 130 Evijas would bring in the equivalent of over 3000 Evora GT410s.

MSN article claimed that all 130 were spoken for. But I don’t believe they have sold this year’s allocation either! I’d be amazed if deposits have reached double figures to date but we’ll never know the real number so all we can do is hope that it’s more successful than the T125 programme which is the closest thing Lotus have done to date.

On 24/06/2019 at 19:22, NedaSay said:

Evija This name derives From the Hebrew name “ḥawwah”, which was derived from the Hebrew word “chavvâh”, meaning "to breathe or live, living". The name has religious significance in the Judeo, Christian, Muslim tradition, after the use of Eve as the female companion of the Biblical Adam. Its use as a first name in England began in the 12th Century. “Eva”, popular in many European countries, “Eve” used as an anglicized form of Gaelic Aoife "radiant, beautiful" in Scotland and Ireland and “Evie”

source: http://www.name-doctor.com/name-evija-meaning-of-evija-51912.html

Mmmm...

I'm likely way too late to this party, but is this Hebrew thing just pure PR?  I mean, you read EVIJA backwards and it is AJIVE, then twist the "J" as you would see it in a mirror and it becomes ALIVE . . . 

That Chassis and those suspension components are just pure art!  If I could afford the car I'd buy a chassis and the suspension arms etc just to mount on the wall or hang from a ceiling. It's a stunning piece of engineering artwork to my eyes.

image.thumb.png.c3bda6df59ac6ec1645b1ab7bfbe301b.png

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's amazing that the wishbones designed by a computer end up looking more artful and organic than when designed by a human! 

I remember reading about this technology a few years ago and the article showed the wishbone design as an example but they did not mention it was for genuine car.  Great to see the tech matured and is being used in a real life application.

Also for the amount of non conventional technology and the performance on offer it seems like a bit of a (relative) bargain.

2 hours ago, electro_boy said:

It's amazing that the wishbones designed by a computer end up looking more artful and organic than when designed by a human! 

It's designed with a topology optimization software. I do love it too, indeed!

Edited by Giniw

2 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Will they be as much of a **** to refit in 40 years time as those on my 76 Elite?????

Much worse as it is an integral part of the whole car really - but in 40 years I'll be long gone so don't give a shit!  lol.....

I do love the technology though and am hoping that this coming into the mainstream will allow the 3d printing of parts in the future, at a realistic cost, for no longer available OEM parts so we can keep all the old masters going.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I do love the technology though and am hoping that this coming into the mainstream will allow the 3d printing of parts in the future, at a realistic cost, for no longer available OEM parts so we can keep all the old masters going.

Have you seen these guys? - Gryp - Your dream is hanging by a thread

🙂

• Love 1

It's getting there......

• 2 weeks later...

I had posted several months ago that I had been told Lotus had taken a lot of deposits. Really pleased for them. Hopefully they can now start to focus on the other new/current cars.

• Like 1

The small print.

I wonder if this is a misinterpretation of the news that the first years production has sold out, made very recently. I can't see Lotus going to the trouble of taking the car to Florida (announced with a shockingly poor picture on facebook earlier) and assumedly more USA locations if they've sold them all. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Unless, as with the UK GT430 Lotus are going to produce more Evija than originally detailed 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Definitely a misinterpretation. My dealer still very happy to take my deposit for a 2021 delivery.

”the whole of the 2020 production is sold” sound like 30-40 cars. Could even be less considering it only starts in the summer. I am sure the message is to make people who still wonder about pulling the trigger comfortable the car is a success and that they need to hurry.

Lotus is working on different homologations process for places where they have indication of interest but not order yet (Australia) so they would not bother if they didn’t have more to sell.

• Like 1

If they had sold them all don’t you think that even Lotus’s marketing department might consider doing something to celebrate the fact, if not shout it from the rooftops? Pretty sure Uncle Bibs would know about it too. It would be the best possible news for the company at this time, not something you would keep quiet about.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Still, even one unit is more than that Aston Martin bigwig was apparently sneering about a couple of months back.

The Aston Martin big wig would be best advised to spend more time focusing on hi own (failing) business than make cheap jibes at the competition.

2 hours ago, PAR said:

Definitely a misinterpretation. My dealer still very happy to take my deposit for a 2021 delivery.

”the whole of the 2020 production is sold” sound like 30-40 cars. Could even be less considering it only starts in the summer. I am sure the message is to make people who still wonder about pulling the trigger comfortable the car is a success and that they need to hurry.

Lotus is working on different homologations process for places where they have indication of interest but not order yet (Australia) so they would not bother if they didn’t have more to sell.

You have put a deposit down? Fantastic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

The Aston Martin big wig would be best advised to spend more time focusing on hi own (failing) business than make cheap jibes at the competition.

You could say it was his "Ratner" moment :)

• Like 1

The small print.