Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 31 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

Yes you can as Bob would say!

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sorry folks, it sounds $ hit and probably smells of ozone. I think I have seen the best of the best motoring years over the last 40 or so. The smell of two stroke oil, the smell of synthetic oil as it cools, noisy exhausts, dump valves popping, stuff that your senses can smell, hear and feel..... Electrification just does nothing for me no matter how “cool” the car looks.

Now if this car had been fitted with a NA V12, THEN it would be a proper super car.

Just my 2p

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Having driven Goodwood a lot I had a similar eye-popping expression to young Lord March while watching that - bloody hell that's quick and very planted!  Lotus have said publicly they aren't trying to break any records at SpeedWeek, but I'd love to know what sort of lap times they have achieved.

The JPS liveried car looks like an engineering protoytpe, with most of the interior missing and a load of interim switchgear and telemetry.  So I guess the electric whine isn't representative of what a finished car with full NVH will sound like.  It does remind me a bit of the supercharger noise I had behind my head in my old Elise SC. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Suddabym said:

Correct. That looks like a development car with a few gold pin stripes. The actual car would be easier to get in/out of, or there are gonna be 130 billionaires who won’t be able to actually get out of their new cars.

Fixed it for you ;)

Had a friend who had a friend who was an oil magnate in west Texas who probably owned one of the earliest F1s in the States because he had the real estate to drive it without worrying about legality. He spoke of his and others "worth" in terms of "units."

Those "units" each being $100 mil... :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2020 at 19:54, robington said:

I saw the Evija this evening at lotus Lotus Silverstone. I must say it's a fine looking machine, I was very impressed and was grateful to the team at Lotus Silverstone for putting the event on and giving people the opportunity to see it. A nice end to the week !!

20200807_174007.jpg

20200807_174821.jpg

20200807_174811.jpg

This event led directly to a firm order and £250,000 deposit paid. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

“Feeding electricity to the four EDUs is an innovative 2,000 kW lithium-ion battery pack supplied, along with its management system, by Williams Advanced Engineering (WAE). ”

Is this still the case? I thought that the two groups had split up rather acrimoniously. 

On 28/11/2020 at 21:18, Ali tuck said:

Anyone😬

6538EF52-E139-4BD5-8C59-F6BBCE035261.png

Presumably offers in excess of the new list price, to get one early. But would you really want to buy from anyone that was not a lotus dealer.

8 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Presumably offers in excess of the new list price, to get one early. But would you really want to buy from anyone that was not a lotus dealer.

Think it’s a 250k deposit to get one so bit of a gamble for someone if you can’t flip it for more dosh!!!

On 28/11/2020 at 21:18, Ali tuck said:

Anyone😬

6538EF52-E139-4BD5-8C59-F6BBCE035261.png

I see oakmere have got an ad for a yellow one now POA

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11079623

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
On 02/12/2020 at 17:09, exeterjeep said:

I see oakmere have got an ad for a yellow one now POA

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11079623

I thought all these we already sold 🤔

Only here once

• 1 month later...

Has there been anymore updates about when the first evija will get delivered, back in august autocar said  :

lotus has pushed back the launch of its Evija hypercar by a minimum of five months as a result of delays in the testing programme caused by the pandemic, Autocar can exclusively reveal.

The Evija, a near-2000bhp all-electric hypercar, was set to be with the first customers by the end of this year but that will now happen towards the end of the first half of 2021.:

With the current state of covid 19 are lotus still hopeful for the above.  Look forward to seeing one - maybe when the nearest dealer has its opening day?

Dated 21.01.2021: << Lotus CEO Phil Popham told Automotive News Europe on Wednesday ... >> ... << There’s also the 2,000-horsepower Evija hypercar, which was supposed to enter production last summer but was delayed because you know why. Now, Popham says the company is hoping to deliver the Evija to customers “by year end.” >>

Source: https://jalopnik.com/lotus-will-reveal-its-next-probably-last-ice-sports-c-1846102960

Edited by ExigeSport350SE

5 minutes ago, ExigeSport350SE said:

Dated 21.01.2021: << Lotus CEO Phil Popham told Automotive News Europe on Wednesday ... >> ... << There’s also the 2,000-horsepower Evija hypercar, which was supposed to enter production last summer but was delayed because you know why. Now, Popham says the company is hoping to deliver the Evija to customers “by year end.” >>

Source: https://jalopnik.com/lotus-will-reveal-its-next-probably-last-ice-sports-c-1846102960

Cheers, not seen that one, Popham has gone I wonder if his targets will be met. Or will it be delayed even further. Seem to be a lot of things coming this/next year or when...  

• 2 weeks later...