Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 27 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

The race is sadly only a fraction of Lewis's work over a weekend.....I am not sure what I admire more in the modern F1 driver: the bravery and skill or putting up with the endless corporate PR/events/meets etc...

Justin

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Hamilton is going to refund Mercedes for not having raced.

I think he could afford that. Although just the race fee....

Think the presentation was a joke.

55 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

@Chillidoggy in your haste to have a pop at Hamilton you miss the point completely about how F1 have screwed the fans at trackside.

A clearly calculated move to start a “race” that was never going to be. 

And in your own haste you appear to have missed the point I made earlier about driver's safety, and the FIA acting within its regulations. The fans weren't screwed by the FIA, they were screwed by something out of FIA control, AKA the dreadful weather.

Margate Exotics.

We don’t know what was considered. What is for certain is that arranging dates for GP’s is about as easy as getting a GP’s appointment. So the chances are the only option FIA felt able to provide was what we saw on the day. 

Margate Exotics.

Be interesting to see what the outcome is. Moving or rearranging GP’s at present is a nightmare with covid around, hence the cancellations. I still wonder whether that was weighing heavy on their minds when they made the decision.

If there’s one good thing to come out of it, it’s served to underline my decision years ago never to attend another race, just sit at home and watch them on TV instead.

Unless of course your name’s Dan and you get flown in by helicopter to take full advantage of hospitality.🥂🥂🍷🍺🍻

Margate Exotics.

Maybe they, too, should give out badges under the circumstances rather than trophies. :D  

FIA logged a race under the unusual circumstances (this last happened when?) as they had the rules to do so and followed whatever influences they had to do so. Safety car laps count after a green light and apparently they count without one as well. The two-lap rule was established for a reason, sometimes you don't know how crap a rule is until it gets applied. Moving on, they can change the rules. Red Bull are conspicuously silent, of course, and all others who have reasons to not like the outcome are not. And so it goes. None of that prevents the promotors, track, FIA, teams, and/or whoever else from making amends. That does have some some precedent in the "Indygate" tire debacle though it was mainly Michelin that ponied up some compensation and refunds. If they want to figure out what to do about $hit weather and cancellations, they should just talk to the WSBK and MotoGP folks who try to race at Phillip Island. 

9 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Let’s not forget it’s not long ago that a driver died at Spa. Would that have been right?

Just look at the huge 6-8 car wreck in the Formula W race at the weekend - that was a frightening crash. They should have called it off but this way Max gets some cheap points to close the gap! ;)

• Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I have always been curious and frustrated by the qualifying times how they relate into actual distance.

Today Lewis qualified 38 thousanths behind Max which is prety close, but how close??

Trying out some crude mathamatics I reckon that could be as close a 1 metre at the finish line.

Anyone able to work this out if say they are crossing the line at 150mph.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

150mph = 241.4kmh (give or take)

241.4kmh = 67.05m/s (give or take)

so 0.038s = 2.55m (give or take)

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Bottas must be on the way out now. Fasted lap instructions..

Max's RB does seem that bit quicker than the Mercs. Almost everyone else lapped. Certainly a more interesting track than some due to the banking/corners etc. Good to see it back. Looks like Max's year this year.