Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 48 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Just now, Chillidoggy said:

Calm down, or you'll end up having a coronary. I was surprised you'd written all that lot when you said you weren't going to watch it next year.

I'm calm. Very calm. Was just encouraging you to try harder :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

People still complaining about Lewis’s lead being taken away. That’s what always happens to the leading car when a safety car is called. It’s never fair but usually makes the race more exciting.

The only controversy is the change in decision to clear the cars between the two title contenders. This can only have helped Max but by how much we’ll never know. The 5 cars would surely have got out the way pretty quick. It was not fair on Lewis but ending under a safety car would have been unfair on Max and been the anti climax of the century. Max went from having no chance to a good chance but he still had it all to do. He still had to pass Lewis without taking him out or needing to give back the place. Lewis should have seen the opportunity not the injustice, easier said than done but that’s what was needed and his team should have been supporting him ‘you’ve got this Lewis’ and the like. If it was his first title I don’t see MV getting past. Given what was at stake he left Max a lot of room perhaps thinking he’ll get him back on the straights which he nearly pulled off. But it’s generally easier to keep the lead than retake it.

Rollocks, not complaining about his lead being taken away as you well know Jonny (I'm guessing here re the name). Are you really saying that the decisions "might" have helped Max? One on new qualy tyres, the other on 45+ lap old race tyres.  This is just getting stupid now as how would ending under a safety car been unfair to Max when was already losing, was 8 seconds plus back and losing more time?  And remember, maybe he gave Max a lot of room as if Max had "sensationally" hit him and they both went out, oh, Max was the WDC? Also, how hard could he really fight on tyres that old.  Me thinks you're smoking something. But that's OK, we're entitled to different views.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 minutes ago, Neal H said:

same as Film Director - direct the show t

For a new Carry on film?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TdM said:

Good to see Lewis getting knighted today and looking cheerful.

Perhaps Prince Charles could offer to knight Max or Horner - he has a sword handy.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I think that about sums it up for me - Max is still inexperienced in the scheme of things having gone almost directly from Karts to F1 at an incredibly young age.

He hasn’t learned the sort of race craft that Hamilton and Alonso have for instance to race cleanly and hard, the dual they had earlier in the year was mighty to watch and Lewis post race comments were nothing but complimentary (though he was frustrated at the time if I recall!)

Max is fast but as above comments have said he absolutely cannot take his torpedo strategy forward and needs to develop patience and better techniques if he really is to truly compete with the greats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Looking ahead and assuming LH continues, it should spice up the 2022 season, now with the real pressure on LH to snaffle that 8th title. He’ll be going all out. Hopefully George Russell will also be more of a threat to MV than the timid Finn.

Russell maybe more of a threat to Lewis if he out qualifies him and takes points off him by finishing in front of him

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

True, but he’ll be taking many of those points of MV too.

I do hope so as I do not want Max to turn into a Lewis and win more than half his titles on cruise control, that would be a shame for the sport. (and really boring to watch) so lets hope non will have a dominant car and it comes back to driver skills, something the sport needs. 

as a cheesehead (German nickname for us Dutch)  I enjoyed the last lap and am very happy for Max but I feel for Lewis as well, a gentleman loser something Toto is not

• Like 1

Today, 15:30

Hamilton's behavior in Abu Dhabi is a violation of sporting regulations

Formula 1 journalist Dieter Rencken is disappointed in how Mercedes is behaving after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The team filed multiple protests and now, a few days after the race, still seems to want to protest.
Max Verstappen won the world championship in Abu Dhabi, but the team of title rival Lewis Hamilton disagreed. Mercedes filed two protests with the FIA after the race. Both protests were rejected by the stewards, but Mercedes has indicated that it wants to challenge the stewards' decision.

"I think it goes beyond unsportsmanlike behaviour," says Formula 1 journalist Dieter Rencken in the English version of the RacingNews365 podcast. "Maybe Toto Wolff doesn't know how to lose, but in the end that's no excuse.

"We are talking about what a global top sport should be and you have to behave according to that. I am very, very disappointed in the behavior of Mercedes," said the F1 journalist.

Hamilton is also unsportsmanlike
Hamilton showed himself very sporty after the race. The Briton shook Verstappen's hand and congratulated him, but according to Rencken this was all for the stage. The Mercedes driver was not at the press conference and did not give any interviews later.

"As for Lewis's behaviour, it's all well and good to congratulate someone on the podium and give the occasional TV interview on track. But in the end the tough questions are being asked by the media and he wasn't there That is a violation of the sports regulations," the F1 journalist knows.

The Mercedes team also failed to show up for an FIA photo opportunity just before the year-end gala. It therefore seems as if the German racing stable wants to boycott the entire gala, where the World Cup will also be handed over. According to Rencken, that is also not allowed. "The sports regulations state that they must be there and also attend the press conferences."

Is Mercedes waiting to file a protest?
Mercedes has indicated on Sunday after the race that it wants to protest against the decision of the stewards. However, there has not been an official protest yet, but the German team does not have much time for that either.

If Mercedes has not filed a protest before Thursday evening, December 16, it will be too late. Let the official prize gala be on that very evening. Rencken expects Mercedes to wait with the announcement with their protest until just before the gala.

"The sporting regulations state very clearly that the recipient of the trophy during the FIA prize gala is the champion, period. Then it will be too late to change it," the F1 journalist said.

Big boss Mercedes is also silent
Rencken also finds it striking that no sign of life has been given from the umbrella organization of Mercedes. "Most telling is that there has been no response from Mercedes CEO Ola Kallenius. He is ultimately the boss of Toto Wolff."

"The exact structure is a bit complicated, but there is a three-pointed star on the front of the car. Kallenius didn't say a word, but was in Abu Dhabi," Rencken said. "He has not condemned the FIA and has not praised the champion , not a single word. I find that very strange."

He is. Because he knows it was fixed! :)

• Like 1

The small print.