Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill - Page 21 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Type 131 - The Rumour Mill

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Yep, cannot wait until 8th July.  

Interesting thought (maybe) - do I go media dark on launch day until I see the thing for real on the 8th?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The internet might crash with all the attention. Who knows.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

3 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

Yep, cannot wait until 8th July.  

Interesting thought (maybe) - do I go media dark on launch day until I see the thing for real on the 8th?

I would go media dark if it were me -you can always stream that stuff later and fill any details you might not already have.

• Like 1

Considering they keep on saying “dynamic debut” I wonder if they will have a standing debit before where the car pictures are shown without the car being driven.

What's your best guess at launch edition spec? We'll see who got the closest on July 6th.

I reckon: 450bhp Toyota V6, 1450+kg, wide track Evora chassis, £88k basic without options, good all round visibility, frunk, limited choice of colours, customisation discouraged.

I think that they need to show the 4 pot version just as much as the V6 version, if not more.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

Just thinking aloud: If there are no rear seats then the engine could be moved further forward leaving more space for aero porosity or boot space. Not sure how they would get more space for a frunk unless they moved the cooling system. Unless the driver and passenger are moved further back towards the engine?

Let's wait and see.

I think a frunk would probably spoil the lines

Edited by mg4lotus

Ironically the hardest part for them in benchmarking the Cayman will be getting it that light when the focus has shifted towards daily useability. Porsche quoted weights don't count options though so perhaps Lotus will need to do something like that. Sub 1430kg will be a big ask given the need for big glass house, focus on comfort and interior tech.

Only very marginally relevant, but any interested in the 4 cylinder Emira, and believing the rumours of A35 or A45 power from somewhere or other, and able to tolerate over-excited juveniles standing in for presenters – and the adverts – may like fill a little time as below.  (Only one has two AMG versions though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJC02AmODs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkZ0saPUOhg

If Lotus doesn't want to be a laughingstock at the most heralded auto fan event of the summer that is tribute to them...  They need to run every car they bring and it better look the part.  This is a make a break moment for the marque.  Everyone is cheering on Lotus for success.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

• Gold FFM

If the other reports I have read are correct, I think that it was said that Lotus are going to bring three examples of the Emira.

Surely one running up the hill would be sufficient?

Sure, there are different engine/transmission configurations, but one storming up the hill should be sufficient and if Lotus are on their game, which they hopefully will be, they would be working to make the runner the model with the bigger aural impact I would presume?

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

The Evija was a big feature of SpeedWeek.  I suspect it will also run up the hill at FOS.  Goodwood are huge Lotus fans and both they and Lotus will have prepared carefully for this.  Several of the development drivers have driven other Lotus cars up the hill and I don’t think they’ll be dawdling along :) 

On 19/05/2021 at 10:20, jimichanga said:

What's your best guess at launch edition spec? We'll see who got the closest on July 6th.

I reckon: 450bhp Toyota V6, 1450+kg, wide track Evora chassis, £88k basic without options, good all round visibility, frunk, limited choice of colours, customisation discouraged.

1450kg+ for a Lotus two seater,  the Evora wasn't that heavy in GT430 guise and this one benefits from even deeper lightening measures...  I reckon it will be  much closer to the Exige weight, maybe 1350kg.

The aural nature of the cars is so important for me.

I am expecting to get an aftermarket system for the V6

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

@Evotion, if Lotus continue down the Evora 400/Janspeed exhaust 'path', I think that you will be more than satisfied with how the OEM exhaust sounds. 

Oh yes. Lovely.

I did ask the 'multiple exhaust option' question.

I thought I was told that there will be an exhaust option from the get go, inferring they are already working with a 3rd party but I did not put it so succinctly in my FACTS thread as I thought I might have misheard it.

This would make sense as we all know the particulate emissions eco-nod malarkey will negatively affect the tone and loudness of the OEM exhaust. The aftermarket, er, market, will be good. Akrapovic must be making enquiries.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

8 hours ago, NedaSay said:

1450kg+ for a Lotus two seater,  the Evora wasn't that heavy in GT430 guise and this one benefits from even deeper lightening measures...  I reckon it will be  much closer to the Exige weight, maybe 1350kg.

We haven't heard anything about lightening measures of any kind only increased practicality, comfort and usability. We know it's Evora chassis and drivetrain. The GT430 was covered in carbon to a level that won't be achievable under £100k and GT430 was a 2+0 already, the weight will be closer to Evora than Exige for certain. Increased practicality means visibility is important - a Cayman strong point also - that means lots of glass with an option for perspex if we're lucky. Reduced sills for easier access will mean strengthening elsewhere. Modern luxury and interior tech aimed at China and US markets primarily should mean things like heated, cooled, electric seats. That would make the sort of statement that Lotus want to make to reach the wider audience. This is where they want to go according to every statement released to date. You really need to appreciate the rejection of anything to do with extreme, spartan, stripped-out track machines at the senior level at Hethel. Don't be surprised if it's nearer 1500kg without any lightweight options. Real world weight for the Evora 400 was nearer 1450kg as we all know.