Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
17 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Bloody fantastic - I’m in the clear then.

im pretty sure even if they lock down hard - then agriculture will be an exemption trade. I’ve got 16000 hens arriving soon in a new house that needs finishing.

still reckon it’s been rife in the uk for a lot longer than folks currently believe 

I agree, the timeline for china identifying it as a new strain within a few days of it being reported just seems too fast, very sci-fi.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pete said:

She could try Lego😜

They could while away their quarantine together, building Lego, having heart-to heart talks, and generally rekindle their relationship.

A nice Lego Death Star seems somehow appropriate.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

As of 12 o'clock tomorrow, Saturday, Danish borders are closed for anyone trying to enter Denmark, except native Danish who are returning home. This is in effect untill and including the 13'th of April 2020. All Danish citizens are very strongly adviced not to go outside the Danish borders. This is valid for all borders: Land, air, sea and bridges. Turists are allowed to exit Denmark. All Danish who are abroad traveling or working for a short period, are asked very urgently to return home, as Danish authorities are expecting that many other countries are shutting down transportation. The same is expected in Denmark in the next few days.

All goods transport for food and other needed products are allowed to enter Denmark. Danish borders will be guarded by Danish police and Danish military.

Two big hotel chains mass-fired their personel today.

All hospitals are re-organised into focussing only on lfe threatening treatment plus extraordinary hard cases with corona virus discease covid-19.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

So glad we are out!  When the shit hits the fan the true colours come out  The Italians asked for an urgent response to a request for medical supplies using a special European Crisis mechanism but apparently rather than rising to assist, Germany banned the export of the supplies, Austria closed its borders and it was China who has stepped in with a flight from Shanghai that has delivered 31 tonnes of supplies including ventilators. The story is in the FT so reasonably reliable.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

New born babies.toddlers. children. Teenagers. Parents. Grandparents - a virus isn't choosey and many will die. All sad, young or old. It's just life.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Shows how fragile the human race still is, despite all of our technological and medical advances. 

Absolutely. We are not as smart as we think we are and nature will always find a way to smack down a virulent, invasive and destructive pest. And no, I am not referring to the virus!

• Like 1

The small print.

Yep,  blocked drains could then lead to a far more deadly problem like cholera if idiots then somehow infect / cross-contaminate drinking water. But that would be very unlikely unless there are a lot of potential Darwin award winners.

Edit: They're probably the people who wouldn't know how to use a knife other than a stabbing motion or something, so not likely.

PS:Looks like people and even the virus don't want to come to Norfolk 

image.png.b6eb9938f32f5c2344f325ee5ec79777.png

Edited by andydclements
  • Like 1
  • Love 1