Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 108 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Which makes it more ridiculous frankly @LotusLeftLotusRight. None of this is making sense anymore. 

For the record I’ve followed the rules to the absolute letter so far. Some folks however  won’t be able to carry on doing so.

Only here once

Good to know you are not a fcutard Barry, yet you are happy to support people to break the lockdown rules. What do you mean some folks won’t be able to carry on doing so ?

• Gold FFM

Self employed, gig workers, pub workers the list goes on and on. 

Not all are being protected within the furlough payments. These schemes also don’t guarantee job protection either - just keep watching the unemployment figures rise - all the while many will get nothing on the welfare systems in place. Once funds have gone people’s behaviour will change. Doley scroungers are fully protected however. 

Only here once

I do agree with you @Barrykearley that not everyone can continue. Many companies too cannot continue and whilst some are adapting, some radically, others are closing and folding. It's a fine line we are treading and we need to make sure we employment and strong companies as we come out of this otherwise the NHS will quickly run out of funds.

I know it's probably not like me to be serious, but the issue is that people have been bending the rules, being silly, and being selfish. That behaviour will and is killing people. It is spreading the virus. It is prolonging the suffering for everyone. I don't understand why tgey cannot see that 

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I make no argument about the fact folks have been flouting it. That I’m not in control of.

I am however in control of my destiny - and I’m afraid in the future I will not allow the government to cause my family to suffer. I’m guessing there are thousands of people like me now I’m afraid - many will have no choice.

All the way upto now I have been fully compliant with every rule - my turnover and profits have collapsed - I am very fortunate and it’s just made me lazy and has given me time to smash jobs at home. I cannot carry on with that forever though - I’ll get fat (ter) and frankly my mental health will go down the swanny. 

• Like 1

Only here once

11 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I am however in control of my destiny - and I’m afraid in the future I will not allow the government to cause my family to suffer. I’m guessing there are thousands of people like me now I’m afraid - many will have no choice.

As Lord Sumption said in his YouTube lecture; never, even in wartime has peoples liberty been curtailed as it is being now and the right to see your family at Christmas (or at any other time) should not be something that is granted by Ministers out of the goodness of their hearts. In reality, as he said, many people will see the continuing removal of their basic freedoms as morally wrong and will simply ignore those rules. 

At the moment fear seems to be the lever Government is using to maintain compliance but as people realise that lock downs are probably not the answer (nor is meeting their families a primary cause of rising infections) much wider non conformance will be seen. You simply can't keep people under house arrest ongoing, at some point the worm will turn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

@Barrykearley I am with you. My boss told me weeks ago, that if we have another lockdown, half our franchises won't survive, especially the Airport based rental companies. Half our franchises means half our staff. Its a real worry.

How on earth you can be worried about the spread yet leave young people to mix at school and colleges and then go back to their homes to spread it even further is madness! Either lock down or don't! 

I drove past Hethersett High School last week during leaving time and I didn't see a single mask and there was definately no social distancing!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

it gets worse - my eldest was told by the receptionist at her uni hall today when she saw her putting a bag in her car - security comes at 5pm today - if you are going to leave get gone ASAP and before they arrive. What the fuck is going on

Only here once

Most people run a mile from a Russian injection! 

Good to hear though that the vaccines are being trialled and well done for volunteering. I don't think my Merlot levels would work with a vaccine but so far it does seem to be keeping the Covid at bay. :rofl:

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Reckon they are being paid off by Amazon!!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

We heard from a relative who is a nurse at a hospital ooop Norf that their problem is not a shortage of beds but a shortage of staff. She also said that the local Nightingale Hospital is there ready & waiting, but whilst it has beds and equipment there no staff to be able to man it.

• Gold FFM
38 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

She also said that the local Nightingale Hospital is there ready & waiting, but whilst it has beds and equipment there no staff to be able to man it.

It’ll be fine - we are still part of europe - we can import some workers 🤭

Only here once

So today my Dad had his knee replacement op postponed again indefinitely because the NHS is still holding onto all beds in private hospitals, which they were supposed to release in October. 

It’s a sorry state of affairs when someone who has worked all his life and is willing to fund the surgery himself privately, still can’t get it done because the NHS is preventing the private sector doing it. 

My Dad has Parkinson’s and being unable to exercise because of his knee is only going to make that worse. Besides the physical pain, he and my Mum are totally distraught that he now faces more months of pain with no clue when he might be able to get it done.

Something is very wrong here when the hardworking people of this nation are simply pushed aside, despite what we might hear on the news.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Peak global death rate has been 8400 in a day  - he’s predicting the uk could see death rates of 4000 a day..... anyone else think that’s unlikely.

im sure this chap has got previous with bird flu and foot and mouth predictions 

• Like 1

Only here once

5 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

So today my Dad had his knee replacement op postponed again indefinitely because the NHS is still holding onto all beds in private hospitals, which they were supposed to release in October. 

It’s a sorry state of affairs when someone who has worked all his life and is willing to fund the surgery himself privately, still can’t get it done because the NHS is preventing the private sector doing it. 

My Dad has Parkinson’s and being unable to exercise because of his knee is only going to make that worse. Besides the physical pain, he and my Mum are totally distraught that he now faces more months of pain with no clue when he might be able to get it done.

Something is very wrong here when the hardworking people of this nation are simply pushed aside, despite what we might hear on the news.

This is very distressing and must be extremely annoying. 

we appear to be repeating the same mistakes all over again .. prioritising CV19 actual and potential above absolutely everything else.

Sheer fcuking madness 

• Like 1