Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 111 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

I couldn’t agree more. If one year ago someone had told us that our movements would be so restricted and we would be waiting to hear if the government will be so gracious as to allow us to be together with our families on Christmas Day we’d have said they were mad!

Yet here we are, almost considering this to be normal...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

From the bbc website earlier today B9055D1F-37EB-429A-A01B-A6B9E3717D3C.thumb.png.2f21985423d12c93614a94970bbb86cd.png

who would have thought it - as you get older your chances of dying increase.

Maybe we should have a massive lockdown forever to protect lives.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I wonder when China will bear the cost of the mess they have created. No doubt instead they will buy up the ruined pieces of the companies nice and cheap

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Funny how attitudes change. Yet the government are still blindly following the science. I reckon it’s about time there was some economic balance - cos if they think they are gonna tax the daylights out of working folks - I’ll be flogging my van and screwdrivers after all the hassles I’ve had this year

Only here once

Interestingly I have a friend who works in a hospital whose job it was to get the stats. They record every death of a person who has tested positive for COVID as a death with COVID.

They had one person arrive from a serious road traffic accident who died but had tested positive for COVID so was counted in the stats.

• Haha 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

On 23/11/2020 at 19:32, Redwing said:

I wonder if, and when, China will offer to pay for, or at least make a contribution to, the cost of the development, manufacture and distribution of the emerging vaccines. 

If by that post you are inferring that in any way this virus is a result of anything the Chinese may, or may not, have done then young man you are on a very sticky wicket and will be jumped on from a very great high by several on here who seem to take exception to that view!  :)

Falling From A Great Height | Thoughts by an unknown

• Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, oneshot said:

Interestingly I have a friend who works in a hospital whose job it was to get the stats. They record every death of a person who has tested positive for COVID as a death with COVID.

They had one person arrive from a serious road traffic accident who died but had tested positive for COVID so was counted in the stats.

2 weeks ago someone my wife knew  who was dying of cancer caught it in the hospice in the week before she died so I guess will also be on the list.

1 hour ago, mdw said:

2 weeks ago someone my wife knew  who was dying of cancer caught it in the hospice in the week before she died so I guess will also be on the list.

Maybe the government uses a German submarine captain to collect the stats?

• Haha 1

The stats are people who have died within 28 days of a positive COVID test, so if they die before the test is carried out does this count?

Rhetorical BTW.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

6 hours ago, Colin P said:

The stats are people who have died within 28 days of a positive COVID test, so if they die before the test is carried out does this count?

Rhetorical BTW.

I think everyone who is admitted to hospital is tested for CV19. So, unless the death is outside hospital, the patient is tested 

On 23/11/2020 at 20:38, Barrykearley said:

I wonder when China will bear the cost of the mess they have created. No doubt instead they will buy up the ruined pieces of the companies nice and cheap

https://news.cnrs.fr/articles/the-origin-of-sars-cov-2-is-being-seriously-questioned

maybe France and the P4 laboratory will be concerned ? who knows ;)

Lateral flow testing is here. 30mins to get a result.

Our hospital has received around 25,000 of these for staff to permit twice weekly testing. It has a higher false positive outcome so the PCR is still used to check the positives and for patients before they arrive but a move in the right direction I think. 

I shudder to think of the cost however. We use the same type of test to check for infection and each one costs £495. I can't imagine these cost the same but 25000 is only good for 2 weeks.......!

IMG_20201126_083406.jpg

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I see that we overspent by £10bn on the supplies of PPE this year due to ineffective planning. To put that into perspective, the two giant new Royal Navy aircraft carriers cost about £3.1bn each and can you remember the uproar from people who said we couldn’t afford them, even though they kept thousands of people in work during construction and will continue to do so with Navy personnel for many decades to come?

By the way, we now have thousands of containers full of PPE blocking our ports, which the tax payer is apparently funding to the tune of £1m per day.

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55081926

Covid crisis could 'cut pay by £1,200 a year by 2025'

Hahahaha. This made me laugh. I don't know about you guys but I mainly get paid commission, my basic is......basic. And I am £20,000 down this year on last. So even if I go back to my normal wages next year it will still take everyone else 16 and a half years to catch up with my losses! And thats a "Could cut pay", mines already down by that year to date.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer