Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 121 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

I agree @Peapod to an extent, and as usual was being my usual shy, provocative self as you clearly picked up on! 

But you did hit upon my main point, and surprisingly quickly for a Neanderthal if I do say, which is why oh why is the media in this country so quick to whip everything up into a frenzy and to convince us all the world is ending, and the important bit, why do then people sneak out and rip the shelves bare (yes, it is actually happening in some places, but not to the extent the expensive (they stopped being free some time ago lol) press would have you believe....?

Massive coincidence that we both had the same lunchtime free to help out the missus. We have at least three things in common then! :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I’m stunned you lot managed to get any seasonal produce for our seasonal dinner..... it’s not like there’s anything coming from the eu.... oh hang on...

Only here once

39 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

We have at least three things in common then! :)

Hopefully the missus isn't one of them :lol:

The press just want website clicks and paper sales. They don't care about anything but their bottom line and stats that lead to it increasing. Even the impartial 'report the new' beeb are guilty of not letting the truth get in the way for traffic. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

6 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I’m stunned you lot managed to get any seasonal produce for our seasonal dinner..... it’s not like there’s anything coming from the eu.... oh hang on...

You mean my sprouts came from the EU

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Peapod said:

I can guarantee they did not come from Brussels. 

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Peapod said:

Highly unlikely - like most folks xmas dinners - it will all be seasonal veg that will be uk sourced. Sprouts almost certainly from Lincolnshire 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Sooo weee Jimmy has been caught out being naughty. Time for the media to hang, draw and quarter the witch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55419564

• Like 1

Only here once

11 hours ago, Bibs said:

Did she pick up any of the Heston Mince Pies @MPx? They're lush :D

'fraid not Bibbo, not my thing.  But he did get me a huge white Toblerone which definitely is!!!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Just now, eeyoreish said:

With much of the south moving to tier 4 on Boxing Day it looks like those lorry drivers might be the only ones going anywhere.

Already there, old bean!

And now there's talk of putting the lorry drivers in a hotel.

Margate Exotics.

I popped to our Asda this morning. It was so busy I had to wait in a queue of 1 for a coffee in the Cafe!  

Like you Barry found all the shelves full and was not busy at all. Gonna be a lot of food going cheap when they reopen after Crimbo! Got some beautiful Salmon fillets for a song and a bucket full of mussels for a wee dance.

With the Brexit deal all but done business as usual, albeit with additional paperwork, in January.

Just need to get vaccinated then woo hoo....

• Like 2

The small print.

@Buddsy I was told that the numbers being declared as dead due to COVID is partly to clear the morgues. If post-mortems etc had to be carried out it would cause huge delays due to the numbers and block the system. kind of makes sense.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

@Buddsy To expand on what @red vtec has said:

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/coronavirus/gps-told-how-to-certify-coronavirus-deaths/

....GPs have been advised that Covid-19 is a notifiable disease, but this does not mean that deaths caused by Covid-19 always need to be referred to the coroner.....

And, the headline death rates related to COVID-19 are where the person has tested positive within the preceding 28 days, that does not mean it will be cited on the death certificate as the primary cause. If it were one of the cases on that notifiable disease reports then I think it would have to be the primary cause noted on the death certificate. You cannot expect figures to align if you "set aside that can of worms" that is death due to heart failure, death due to lung failure etc, because (virtually) all patients who die from COVID-19 die from parts f their body shutting down, but the shut down was exacerbated by the infection and what it did to the body.

What I’ve yet to hear from any Covid denier, is a cogent reason why the Govt and the NHS would want to lie and say the Covid situation is worse than it is. Can someone enlighten me? What’s your thoughts Barry?.

• Like 2