Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 6 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Denmark is of this moment officially shut down, everyone sent home from job, except vital functions, all educational and day care institutions are shut down and outdoor gatherings of 100 or more persons are illegal.

Transport is limited and dispersed and need proved seat tickets.

More is on the way.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Yes, just been speaking with Kim.  Absolutely the right thing to do.  UK won't be far behind.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Don't think the north of Italy ,where the virus is mainly concentrated, is any warmer than the UK

Milan high teens this week and low 20s next week, we will be lucky to get them temperatures in April.

A further explanation:

Denmark, where I live, is officially as of this evening onwards, shut down completely, except vital functions. New laws are being passed tomorrow that make it illegal to gather 100 persons or more, shutting down bars, nightclubs etc. etc. etc.
All private companies are very strongly being told to either shut down or send home as many as possible, and if possible work from home. All public transport is partially or mostly shut down, and seats are to be taken only by very few people compared to capacity and only with a proven acknowledged ticket. Danes are no longer allowed entering into several countries, as well as all our own borders, land, sea or by air, shut down and heavily controlled for vital and certain few exceptions to pass.
All educational institutions, libraries, museums, day care centres, after schools etc. are now shut down.
All breaking of these new restrictions are to be punished acording to new laws being passed this week.
This will be upheld for a period of minimum 14 days and potentially up to six weeks.
The state expects many people to be sacked as companies need to shrink or they simply close down, and have therefore initiated an economical help programme for all in need. The first of these packets hold 125000000000 dkr - apprx. 15000000 gbp. And much more is on it's way. It si also now possible for all companies from the smallest to the biggest, to postpone all tac payments to after this crisis.
Very many people ran down to the supermarket and bought as much as they could stuff into a car or two.

All this is done in an publically expressed effort to prevent a strong and sudden rise in infected people, thereby spreading the expected amount of infected people (estimated 580000 so far people if things go bad)over a longer time frame, to prevent a medical breakdown as we have now seen in Italy and China, where doctors and nurses describe the situation as cathastrophical, and sink on to the floor of exhaustion and desperation. Patients in these countries are now dying of lack of medical treatment and lack of equipment to help treat them, thereby forcing the authorities to choose to help the young instead of all, leaving the rest to their own fate. Very clearly expressed by Danish authorities.

All Danish police, military and civil guard are now on alert to help prevent this happening, as well as all pensioned nurses, doctors and other medical personel are now called back from pension to active duty. This also includes all medical student and nurse students.
Denmark is now going from 6 big hospitals prepared to take many possible intensive care patients, to all hospitals all over the country, as well as very many military facilities being rebuilt into special care centers, with or without the tec to cope with possible patients.
All non-votal operations and other non-vital medical examination and treatment are now cancelled or postponed to later this year, with a clear and publically formulated intension to move all possible personel into treating possible corona covid-19 patients.

All representatives of industry and unions and other interest groups are called in to negotiations, working closely with all authorities to soften the economical bumps all of this may cause, working out plans for this and setting them in motion.

I too, have been sent home on leave for the minimum of 14 days, first on vacation that I have left for this period, then on paid leave, but there will be special meetings where it will be decided who will go on work and take care of those hildren whose parents cannot stay home because of having jobs in vital functions, as well as feeding our animals on my work (horses etc.). All children under education will now be tought via computer, to do their homework etc.

I think we'll see the same happening in many more countries very soon.

Kind regards,
Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

After listening yesterday to some bloke who had his in November in China - he described three distinct phases of the virus - which he thought were different illnesses - our household are convinced we’ve all had it at Christmas.

I think this is being blown out of all proportion. The two A&E doctors I know feel exactly the same. Flu kills 40000 folks a year in the uk and it’s largely ignored year after year.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Just heard on the radio that the next phase may be implemented in the UK tomorrow.

If the flu is just as infectious and kills more, why the reaction to corona? What is different?

Signature not working...

According to this https://www.itv.com/news/2020-02-06/how-does-the-wuhan-coronavirus-compare-to-seasonal-flu/  1,692 people died of the Flu last year in the UK - but you do get big variations as 2014/2015 saw 28,830 deaths. ITV reckon the average for the last 5-years works out at 17,000 deaths per year.

I guess the concern is that at the moment it seems highly infectious, but not terribly deadly, but I understand Flu has a habit of mutating - so that could mutate into something not that infectious and not that deadly - or it could mutate into something that is both highly infectious and very deadly. 

However, in the UK it is common for people to have Flu Jabs etc; so I guess that might help keep the death rate down somewhat 

Hmmm 🤔 Well if Tom Hanks and his wife can catch it whist out in Australia https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-51847198 and so can F1 team members https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51831409 and its their Summer - that rather blows the theory, that when it get s summer in the UK it will stop, out the water.

likely all football to be played behind closed doors and none of the matches will be streamed to pubs.  Lewis Hamilton expressing his surprise that f1 is going ahead in Australia

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, pete said:

likely all football to be played behind closed doors and none of the matches will be streamed to pubs.  Lewis Hamilton expressing his surprise that f1 is going ahead in Australia

McLaren have just withdrawn from the Australian Grand Prix https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163

Will more follow?

Long way to go to follow everyone else around 😲😆

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just watching the press conference, this dose not sound good 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

But what the said sounded  thought out and rational rather than the whole  sandwich board" the end is nigh" route.  I was reasonably  impressed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAS-118 said:

The Australian Grand Prix has been called off https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163 because of Coronavirus ☹️

At least according to the BBC - although the FIA has yet to confirm it. 

Question to F1

Why on earth were Ferrari allowed to travel to Melbourne anyway, given that they were based in a largely affected part of Italy?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Question to F1

Why on earth were Ferrari allowed to travel to Melbourne anyway, given that they were based in a largely affected part of Italy?

Because it's not about sport to Liberty Media, it's about the money? - "show me the money......."

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Exactly, but they are not content in just screwing money out of people, it would appear that they want to screw the life out of some of them as well :2guns: