Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Matt Windle & Lotus, what would you want to ask? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Matt Windle & Lotus, what would you want to ask?

Say for example you could sit down with Matt over a Delia coffee, perhaps recording the chat on camera, and could ask questions (importantly, that he can answer with embargoes in mind), what would you ask?

Time permitting, some of these questions may even make their way to him and end up in a video interview, who knows?! 

Fire away!

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As a lotus owner for so many years (40 later on this year), I would want to find out about warranty length for the new Emira, and general concerns over parts supply - the long term joke about things being on back order, (still waiting for a simple part from B&C)  .

In terms of future models (sure there will not be any real answers) - the SUV(s) would be of interest to replace the wife's annoying evoque.  With not too much tech in them either - or make sure you can turn things off and that they stay off even after a re-start.

I too am still waiting on a back order part for my Elise, so yes, a question around the parts supply chain - what they are doing to ensure the new product(s) will be fully supported for many many years without the associated cost creep that can also occur as a result of availability.  Given the longevity of their cars in the hands of enthusiasts, the usual lifespan of parts for cars would seem to be inadequate....

• Like 1

1.  BHP sells sports cars. Will Lotus play this game? Evija suggests they might.

2.  Finance deals: it is very easy to buy a German sports car with a small or no deposit. Are Lotus Cars Ltd looking at this, as the current deals such as 50/50 simply do not work for the majority of prospective owners.

Justin

When will we see a convertible/targa Lotus again?

Is there still a business case/chance to keep the Elise alive?

How many cars do you see in Lotus range in ten years time? More lifestlye cars than Sports cars (ie. what do you expect to be the split between SUVs/sedans and sports cars)?

1) Any colour on support for older vehicles including (as others have said) parts availability

2) What plans are there for reinvigorating the Lotus ownership experience such that owners are made to feel cared for/'special'.

3) you produce great cars but need to sell in volume. How will you reach out/entice the traditional buyers of other marques e.g. Porsche to buy a Lotus?

Dear Matt,

Lotus has presented its vision of what endurance racing could look like in 2030, Lotus engineering is now involved  in motorsport thru a collaboration with JBXE racing, we have read that an Emira GT was being tested in concert with RML. When will an announcement on an official return to motorsport be made official?

Lotus has presented its new retail strategy, which appears to caters specifically well for pop up points of sales and contacts in urban environment, however the coverage for after sales services and even sales is still pretty spotty in North America as of now, will we see a dramatic increase in this coverage? Or will a Lotus customer will still have to hike up to 1500km to have his car serviced?

The North American market if very lease centric when it comes to premium and luxury cars, how will Lotus adapt to it?

Edited by NedaSay

• Gold FFM

What are the unwritten rules of where you work?

If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your co-workers assume you had done?

What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?

1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

What are the unwritten rules of where you work?

If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your co-workers assume you had done?

What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?

Can probably answer your last question not just for Matt Windle but every Lotus enthusiast. LOTUS stands for Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious. 🤦

• Haha 1

so how does matt adress those historical issues of loads of trouble usually serious (id like to think today that has been changed to "silly") or do they want to keep that image of the hand built quirky english car ? guessing there is a fine line between financial viability of the answers

• Gold FFM

Probably really struggles not to headbutt any fool who says that into unconsciousness - I know I do.

• Like 1

Only here once

18 hours ago, jep said:

1.  BHP sells sports cars. Will Lotus play this game? Evija suggests they might.

2.  Finance deals: it is very easy to buy a German sports car with a small or no deposit. Are Lotus Cars Ltd looking at this, as the current deals such as 50/50 simply do not work for the majority of prospective owners.

Justin

RE 2. Are Lotus going to be offering lease contracts?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

"Excuse me Mr. Windle Sir, can I have an Emira for free?"

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Would be interesting to know how much numerical simulation (e.g. CFD, FEA, model based systems engineering) has replaced prototype build+test in the development of a new model. The former will never remove the need for the latter, but overall the theory is that you can more effectively optimise your designs numerically so as to reduce the risk of the first prototype exhibiting any major problems.

• Like 1

And how many dealers in Wales? The one in the south closed at the end of last year.

• Like 2

What would be your ultimate spec for a petrol powered Lotus?

Why don't Lotus do customer previews for the Emira? Ferrari show their new cars to their best customers first - before the press - customers feel special, cars are sold out before the press launch.

Which is your favourite older Lotus?

What gets you up in the morning?

What keeps you up at night?

• Like 1