Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 31 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

35 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

They’ve done a good job given they were having to in effect remodel an Evora. Although I’m convinced it’s the rear lights design that isn’t as good as it could be.  The rear clusters are very Aston in their design - see attached. Too generic to me and the back of the car doesn’t match brilliantly with the front. Would’ve also liked to have seen something done with the rear hatch instead of the glass they’ve gone with…..but it looks like they’ve gone Caymen-generic there to appeal to more non-Lotus buyers. It’s not an ugly car by any means but it’s a little awkward in places. Still think it will do well though👍😎

DB2A25AE-FC4A-4A4D-B62C-780F4EF24AE8.jpeg

C4B67149-CEA6-4E78-A8FF-3BAD531E5DD9.jpeg

Agreed Stephen. A good analogy with the AM. Lotus plagiarism?

• Like 1

Just generic design I suppose. But they went more radical on the front like they did with Evija. But there’s an argument to say that Emira looks very Ferrari 430 from the front…..🤔

8D0436DB-95F4-4964-A0CA-191D67DDA720.jpeg

A4A58987-3256-467B-AF1C-BD51AA5B1E5B.jpeg

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Really not sure about that rear. It just looks like the car is sad!  For me, the GTE is the best "rear" on an Evora, ever.

You are in the wrong thread its not a Evora 

• Haha 2

I know it's not. The Emira is just an Evora with a new frock anyway. Oh and a bit dumpier. A middle aged Evora after it's had 3 kids maybe?  :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Really not sure about that rear. It just looks like the car is sad!  For me, the GTE is the best "rear" on an Evora, ever.

I have to agree regarding the rear view.

I want to really love the car and from most angles it's very good, but for me, the attempt to carry over the rear design language from the Evija doesn't work so well with the smaller dimensions of the Emira.

• Like 1

I’m loving the design!

If it looked anything like a 430 to me - I find them really ugly -  or the back end of the new Aston’s, which I think are another design failure - then I wouldn’t be touching it!

Agree there are definitely some similarities with the Aston rear cluster,  but lotus have done a far better job than Aston for me

• Like 1

I totally agree but it reminds me of it a little and would’ve preferred it didn’t but again they were limited with what they could do I dare say.
It’ll still do well as it’s been marketed far better than the Evora ever was👍 

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I know it's not. The Emira is just an Evora with a new frock anyway. Oh and a bit dumpier. A middle aged Evora after it's had 3 kids maybe?  :)

Bit rude 🤨and anyway I still love her 😊

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Just generic design I suppose. But they went more radical on the front like they did with Evija. But there’s an argument to say that Emira looks very Ferrari 430 from the front…..🤔

8D0436DB-95F4-4964-A0CA-191D67DDA720.jpeg

A4A58987-3256-467B-AF1C-BD51AA5B1E5B.jpeg

Way more aggressive and nicer looking than the 430

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MJON said:

Bit rude 🤨and anyway I still love her 😊

How can you be rude to a car?

Personally, I'd rather have a mature model than a younger one. More dependable and less ownership issues.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Internal rear vision mirror? Maybe? @Bibs???

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Well I'm loving that red car further up.  Looks to be the same as my last 2 Evora's which is Ardent Red and if that was the red available on the LE cars I'd be having one in a flash but as I think all FE colours are more than a bit Meh (IMHO) instead I've told themI'll be waiting on the wider colour palette becoming available and after a run of red sports cars I might be changing my thoughts to white this time, with couple of twists...... At least people may notice I've changed my car as I'm sure a large part of the population couldn't tell you the difference seeing another red car in the drive.  (That right Andy? 🎣

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On 03/03/2022 at 14:11, dpm said:

Tom, is that post a little earlier in the thread a picture of Nimbus Grey?  (The post just before the picture of the very dark blue.)

Cheers, D.

I don't think it is Nimbus either.

When we saw the Nimbus it was like 'wow'. One did not think grey at all - just silver and lush.

We did it in no light conditions too and it still popped silvery.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Not worried about the back of the car...  nobody will be seeing that for long. 😄

The colours are either great or good. People should stop worrying. 

Lotus have gone for something different and made them all very lush and grown up. The paint quality looked very Aston/Bentley to me on our first inspection. In the real world these are going to look like utter top quality cars.

Pick a geneal colour from the 6, get it and then be amazed as the colour means bugger all and all you actually see is one bloody sexy and rare car that everyone around you will envy.

Worrying about the transmission, seat height, suspension - they are valid worries.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Also seen the fb post - do we think this is dark verdant ? Looks more blue to me but I like it .
also anyone know whereabouts this is located ? I am in London tomorrow and could find time to nip over and have a look ?

construction and property consultants : My company

The guy that posted it said his son took the pic, and that it looked like a “Forest Green” type shade so I think we can assume it’s Dark Verdant. In the pic it looks almost like Nautilus Blue. The photo was taken at the BBC Television Centre in London