Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 42 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Bibs said:

In the very wealthy Middle East and parts of China people wondered why Lotus were making cars for their chauffeurs! 

So "Not another sportscar, the other sportscar" is supposed to cover the sportscar the chauffeur drives them around in and the one they drive for themselves?  The various different slogans are all getting a bit "limitless" ;) 

• Gold FFM

It's an instrumented test car. Not sure what the black cylindrical device on the roof is (could be either pecision accelerometers, but the placement it too high up, or some kind of precision GPS, or could be both? )  but I hazard a guess that the silver device is some sort of combined temperature/pitot static tube type probe to measure temperature and air pressure a bit like on aeroplanes. I know that the same type of device was fitted to the engineering prototype Evoras. The device on the brake disc definitely looks to be a thermocouple to measure brake disc temperature.

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

Good spot!  I've seen that car at the factory and spoken to the development driver using it that day.  It's one of the braking systems development cars.

As @EuropaSmansays, the stuff on the roof is for position, speed, yaw angle and air temperature/pressure measurement.  The item on the wheel is a thermocouple for measuring brake disc temperature.  Was the space behind the seats full of equipment racking and boxes of electronics?

Edit: also looks like it's got an ADAS sensor pod in the front grille and supplementary ADAS sensors at the top of the windscreen.

• Like 2

On 14/05/2022 at 18:08, Jack Stone said:

How about a "Nigel Mansell JPS Esprit" tribute Emira I4...?

emira-config-black-gold.jpg

Does anybody know what the official colour is or RAL number is for the gold used here.  Some golds can look so washed out  and other too dark but this is about right IMO and needless to say I'm asking for a reason.  

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Think that the wheels there look more copper than gold?

• Like 1

Good thought if I have to start hunting colour charts.👍

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

287160435_3251109545170791_6795264849048

this is a really odd colour for me.

I'd love to see it in the flesh, but I don't quite get it right now...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mctaff said:

That is one of the reasons I think it is THE stand out colour. Love the fact that is unique.

Every other car colour we have seen before.

Obviously, I was lucky enough to see it in the flesh and the warmth of the bronze metallic tones underneath are stunning. Makes it look super quality and Aston/Bentley quality.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
On 04/06/2022 at 10:54, chipp said:

Seen several on the roads around here for quite a while but this is the first chance i've had to stand beside a stationary one.

Parked up on local estate with some interesting little gadgets.

IMG_20220604_100750_HDR.jpg

And what could these be for

Lidar?

20 hours ago, Mctaff said:

I'd love to see it in the flesh, but I don't quite get it right now...

Yeah me neither, especially with the black wheels which I personally think are terrible on this spec of Emira. That from someone with black forged alloys on an Exige, but it’s styling is way more aggressive which is needed to have black wheels……and gloss is a no-no! All subjective I know……

Looking forward to seeing the next batch of colours👍 Would like to see the current JLR Blue type colour used, with black pack top……and diamond-cut wheels!😎 

On 10/06/2022 at 02:25, Bibs said:

287160435_3251109545170791_6795264849048

This photo makes the car look high... the wheel to fender gap is MUCH bigger that I was expecting, especially as the configurator images show a small gap. It looks almost 4WD high! Is there a difference in ride height between the Touring and the Sports suspension options? 

Emira 1.jpeg

It is amazing how so many cars seem to have different sized gaps in the arches.

I won't have an opinion on it until I see it in the flesh - and of course, and that point, I won't give a rat's arse as the car will look amazing anyway.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, pete757 said:

This photo makes the car look high... the wheel to fender gap is MUCH bigger that I was expecting, especially as the configurator images show a small gap. It looks almost 4WD high! Is there a difference in ride height between the Touring and the Sports suspension options? 

No difference in ride height between Touring and Sports.  As others have said, these are all pre-prod cars so not necessarily indicative of final setup.  We've seen quite different gaps across different press and validation cars.