Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora prices post Emira launch - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora prices post Emira launch

Cdm2018

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I checked the Australian car sales site yesterday, and all the EVORA demos have hit the market at 40KAud under the original S210Aud asking price.

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

Lolz. He's not even seen the car and knows nothing about it apart from watching other people's videos. Bit strong to base an opinion on that really, it would have been better to record a video with more, and correct information having seen the car and researched it more but #youtubeviewsmatter. 

Have a read through the comments, they're not very complimentary in this instance.

Clickbait, the more people that view it, the more money he gets.

also, the Emira is not a reworked Evora, people saying this seem to be a bit salty to me

What evidence is there that it isn't a 're-worked' Evora? Plenty to suggest that it is - same wheelbase, weight and engine location for the V6, supercharger appears to sit at the same waist height, no frunk, storage behind seats, hydraulic steering is carry over too (thank goodness). It's only a difference of opinion about what constitutes 're-worked'. It's clearly more than a 'facelift' but also could not reasonably be described as 'all-new' or clean sheet design. What matters is 'do you like it?' most seem to very much and 'will it be amazing to drive?' being a wider track evolution of the Evora almost guarantees that. 

Why so many are getting defensive about a car that has only just been revealed a few days ago?

• Like 1

In my humble opinion 

is the approach from lotus much in keeping with vast other car manufacturers ? 
Is Porsche not been doing this for years ?

whether you think or not Emira is much reworked Evora when I look it I see a different car much improved interior quality but then my car is 10 years old so it makes sense ! 
personally I am happy with my car worts in all however do I lust after that interior 😮 sure do 

• Like 1

I'm in the camp that to me the Emira is a heavily updated Evora.  Thats not a bad thing, I think the Evora is a very good car indeed so I don't see why the Emira can't be an awesome car too and surpass the Evora and the competition too.

My only bug bare is I was hoping for a design that was engineered with less constraints and giving a much better performance envelope than the Evora.  Eg a longitudinally mounted engine and gear box to get the weight low down and forward of that rear axle.  I also think the car is too big and heavy, even taking into account this car is supposed to be for the mass market and creature comforts that normal everyday people want.  

I honestly don't have a clue what it takes to design a car so quite possibly it doesn't make sense for Geely to spend the extra money that would be required for all that as they may never recoup that back before the model is dead and rules dictate it needs to be replaced with a totally different EV car?

So I don't really know what it will do to Evora prices?  Will people see it as an old version of the Emira and prices of top end Evora drop?  Or will people see it as last of the "true" Lotuses and keep prices up?

The Elise and Exige have a lot more difference and I think prices will stay high due.   But Evora is too similar so I don't really know?

Edited by electro_boy

Maybe the way we can erode that perception what LOTUS stands for …. Is for the Emira to gain a bigger buying audience ? 
the Emira has been or is being marketed to fulfill a different audience and I suspect US buyer 🤔

the Evora like all that’s gone before it will be just that and once the Emira comes and goes there will be a new electric EV which I am sure generate a few topic pages here on this forum !
probably by then my eyes and body would had come to a stage when I won’t be able to drive my lotus and I will just have memories which I would and will cherish !   🙏😍🚗

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

probably by then my eyes and body would had come to a stage when I won’t be able to drive my lotus and I will just have memories which I would and will cherish !   🙏😍🚗

Which comes to us all....which is why we should all get out in our Lotus as ridiculously often as possible. 

Some folk seem to enjoy fussing about stone chips and war wounds - it's a car not a sculpture, that is why it has an engine.

Justin 

• Love 1

Following on from the comments  about Jayemm, here is another ......

I watched this until he said,

“pre Emira they(lotus) were dry weather cars”.

I stopped watching at that pint and noted my displeasure.

in his defence (no idea why should do this) 

but it does show that up to this point in time people have been ignorant of how good the Evora is.

https://youtu.be/pROF83z2P4E

• Gold FFM

Then Jayemm hasn't been in my S4 then. I have driven in some absolutely thumping rain here in Western Australia and in Victoria and the car hasn't leaked at all.

Also, Lotus mentioned that they have 37 cars that are going to be devoted to crash testing. Would they need to attribute that many to crash testing if essentially it is a reworked Evora?

I would not base a lot on his opinions to be truthful.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I suspect crash testing is due to the different tub it’s lower sills ,body work change, remember lotus couldn’t sell the EVORA 410 front clip US as it had to re crash tested. And the Crash test regs have been upped even since the 400. 

Marketing would also say it “all new”. they have to they are chasing a broader market.

I don’t care if the EMIRA is “all new” or not, the EVORA is a bloody good car and with improved dealer net work can only be a good thing for all the LOTUS cars past the Esprit and M100. I only say this in regards the Australian cars, unless they decide to support the heritage aspect across the globe which won’t happen.

one thing LOTUS could do is offer electric conversions (slap my wrist, did I write that) as the EVORA did have an Electric prototype.

off for therapy now for writing that last sentence.

• Gold FFM

So what constitutes a 'new' car?

If mostly everything is different except for the powertrain? 'New' or reworked Evora?

I don't know the wheelbase or front & rear track dimensions, but if they change, then vehicle dynamics change? 'New' or reworked Evora?

If, as @Bibs stated in another thread, the Emira doesn't use one part from the Evora (though the V6 & gearbox are the same I presume?), does that constitute 'new' or reworked Evora?

Wouldn't it then be possible to say that the Exige was just a reworked Elise, just bigger?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

If Emira does attract significant new and happy Lotus owners, it will certainly increase interest in the older models. Elise and Exige in particular plus Esprit. Perhaps even the chronically under-rated Excel. I suspect Elan Type 26 will also get a boost. 

Influencers like nothing more than showing off their 'wisdom'.

Justin 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jep said:

Influencers like nothing more than showing off their 'wisdom'.

This is an Oxymoron with some influencers "wisdom" the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise.

As for the Type 26 restored version here in Australia are already NA Evora money