Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
‘Insulate Britain’ blocking motorways. - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

‘Insulate Britain’ blocking motorways.

Chillidoggy

Why didn't anyone point out that the recent problems with fuel distribution were caused by these activists disrupting traffic? It might only have played a small part but if you dig deep enough you're sure to find a causal effect for at least one fuel station. That should have turned public opinion even further and maybe the protesters themselves would even have though twice about what consequences their actions can have.

Luckily we've been spared from protest like that in Belgium for some years now, but if I were to find myself stuck in a traffic jam because of it I'd surely get out and try to clear the road. Just as I would and have gotten out to help people get stranded cars out of the way to clear the road.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The protesters will be back on the M25 from the 25th. Let's hope the police they out their new powers

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

JCB, big front bucket, scoop the twits out of the way and dump them in the back of a high sided truck, preferably one that had recently been used to transport slurry, before it had been cleaned.

Job done. Protestors get on the news as they wished, and everyone else can get on with their lives without being inconvenienced.

Sorted.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

JCB, big front bucket, scoop the twits out of the way and dump them in the back of a high sided truck, preferably one that had recently been used to transport slurry, before it had been cleaned.

Job done. Protestors get on the news as they wished, and everyone else can get on with their lives without being inconvenienced.

Sorted.

Heartless bugger.

At least put some home insulation in the truck bed first.

• Love 1

Margate Exotics.

14mins long - much of which is Richard Madely (hence I apologise wholeheartedly), but I thought this was a fascinating insight into their approach and thinking.

Won’t answer questions ‘cos they aren’t the right questions…..

• Gold FFM

@mik I managed to get to almost 5 minutes in but then had to hit 'Stop' otherwise my PC monitor was going to suffer irreparable damage.

Jeez!!!! We've got to look forward to being entertained by them in the streets of Glasgow for the next 2 weeks, :o. I won't be going anywhere near the place as I'm not sure I could resist the urge to decorate them with something a bit more pungent than ink - 2 large dogs can provide a plentiful supply, :whistle:.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Gjk said:

Will that fit the esprit ?

Might make a mess of the wheel arch and/or liners.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably suits them to be in jail over the winter, heating at zero cost to them rather than having to fund it themselves so their uninsulated homes don’t  matter.

Should have been a 5 year sentence, that would have caused them to sit up and think rather than believe that they are martyrs for the cause.   -   Something that the media through their coverage will make them

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Probably suits them to be in jail over the winter, heating at zero cost to them rather than having to fund it themselves so their uninsulated homes don’t  matter.

Should have been a 5 year sentence, that would have caused them to sit up and think rather than believe that they are martyrs for the cause.   -   Something that the media through their coverage will make them

5 years is a bit excessive. But 2 years hard labour would work for me with no time off for good behaviour. Probably would be the first decent bit of labour any of them had done.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 7 months later...

The woman just goes "ow" - the guy falls about the place screaming like a baby. I think I recognise him though, he's an ex Portuguese/Spanish football player is he not? Certainly behaves like one anyway.

The small print.

Needs to be sent to the Met with the caption “this is how to do your job, not serving them  with pizza & water like you do”

• Love 1

• 10 months later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65648245

Just Stop Oil: Man pushes protester to the ground -looks like trying to clear bus lane. Police not on scene.

Interesting video.

A man pushed a Just Stop Oil protester to the ground during a slow-walk protest in a road in London

• 4 months later...