Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel shortage - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel shortage

Redwing

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oddly enough my wife never usually mentions that her car is low on fuel. She waits until I have to drive it…

Having seen the news today, she suddenly asks me if hers might need filling up. It’s probably running on fumes.

• Haha 1

What a mess.

I was meeting a work colleague this morning who needed petrol as he was in the red and had a 40 mile round trip to see me - guess what, queues around the corner for both his local petrol stations.

I drove past my local small village petrol station, which is lucky to see 2 cars at once in their 8 pump forecourt - today,  cars queued down the road causing a traffic jam.

Muppets.

27 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

she suddenly asks me if hers might need filling up. It’s probably running on fumes.

Does the car have a working fuel gauge that is visible to women drivers? or do you have to dip the tank..

Does she ever check the oil/water/tyres/wash it, hoover it out...

My wife manages to put fuel in, but nothing else in the way of care for it, she can't manage the usb stick either.

You would think, after all these years, they would have learned that headlines saying "Don't panic", "There's plenty of fuel/bread/beer/whatever", "Please buy fuel/bread/beer/whatever as you would normally" etc. would have exactly the opposite effect. Numpties. A news blackout about fuel/bread/beer/whatever would have had the desired effect and the rest of the numpties would have stayed at home.

@Bibs not sure I approve of your smugness. But I do envy you 😁

• Like 2

OP please retitle thread to fuel starvation as we cannot justify another covid lockdown....

BJ

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

No queues where I live in north Londonthis morning…

Because no petrol anywhere at all…

The Evora is low so plans cancelled. Awesome.

• Gold FFM

2316C9F3-A327-45F0-9A19-1667B60C1D43.thumb.jpeg.c7cecf46a8d07a74a18b6f1f74fd3ebf.jpeg

van has 50 miles in it. Volvo had about 120 miles. Esprit tank is full from last weekend I think. 

looks like it’s going to be an interesting week working.

Only here once

So I was down to 1 bar of fuel on my commute car. Went out last night and had no problem getting petrol in Dundee. Just pulled in to Asda as normal. no queues and 4 of the 8 pumps not being used by anyone.  Did not see any queues or issues at any petrol station I went past.  I guess it just means that people in Dundee are not selfish, stupid, panic buying fooktards as it seems many other people are. I do hate some times the selfish, it's all about me, culture that we seem to have in the UK now. Such a shame people have to respond in such a selfish way constantly.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I just went to pick my son up from rugby normally a 15 min round trip, there are 2 petrol garages on the way took me just over an hour!! it is complete madness it was literally a queue of 4x4 mothers, makes me so angry 🤬

• Sad 1

This could be easily dealt with.  If you are not in the last 1/4 of tank then jog on and if you are only £35 worth of fuel per car each visit.   Oh and yes thats tough  on drivers of  huge engined cars but  lifes not always fair.

• Like 1

I think the press should stop making this big issue and sensationalise the whole thing ! 
the foreign drivers will not make an appearance unless the wages can be made more attractive. so if we run out of fuel there’s no fireworks no pumpkins and no mince pies 

End of life as we know it makes Covid look like a dress rehearsal 🙄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1