Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gordon Murray's T33 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Gordon Murray's T33

jep

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I watched part of it, he says its same size as Emira, but the price is £1.37million!!!!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Plus VAT. 

Comparisons to others cars is almost irrelevant. GMA are limited run (100 per variant) and the focus is on very lightweight, bespoke architecture and driver enjoyment. No other modern car manufacturer is producing or will produce a NA V12 weighing sub-1100kg.

Justin

Xtrac will own the rights to this ‘box. They always do.
Although it’s new to a road car, the bulk of the technology, ie seamless shifts, has been used by Xtrac (and others) for a number of years. They will very often use an existing gear set, adapted to the particular end use or formula it is destined for. 
My son was a senior design engineer at Xtrac for many years, using this and their other gear sets in the various racing/WRC formulae he worked in. 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2022 at 12:33, electro_boy said:

In the Harry's Garage video, Gordon said they are using an Evora as the mule car to test the fancy Xtrac gearbox.

Wonder if GMA / Xtrac (who ever owns the rights) will make this available to Evora owners?

Hum, if they are using an evora chassis, they modified it to fit the V12 longitudinally. In other words they created their own rear subframe or asked Lotus to provide one of the subframes built for the DB Esprit. The Xtrac gearbox is longitudinal not transverse so there's not really any point to make this available for Evora owners

• Like 1

On 28/01/2022 at 16:53, Vulcan Grey said:

I looks very similar in profile to the C5 Corvette

Jonny Smith mentioned the same in his video of the car. Mr Murray denied emphatically that there was any Corvette influence on his design!

Jonny Smith did a good job. He also asked about how the car may change from the reveal model. Not at all, GMA are a finished design article not wishful thinking.

Justin 

😭 But I haven't put my order in yet! 

On 31/01/2022 at 19:36, NedaSay said:

Hum, if they are using an evora chassis, they modified it to fit the V12 longitudinally. In other words they created their own rear subframe or asked Lotus to provide one of the subframes built for the DB Esprit. The Xtrac gearbox is longitudinal not transverse so there's not really any point to make this available for Evora owners

If that's true, Oh my! 😍 even more want!  Dear Gordon please can you sell designs for your T33 mule as upgrade kits for the Evora! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodwood Members Meeting was a brilliant weekend. Plenty of Lotus dotted around, on track and in the car parks. F1 V10 laps were a joyous noise of cylinders and octane.

GMA display a wonderment of lightweight inspiration.

IMG20220409160523.thumb.jpg.1d48cb8a685b56fd16d33cafd89226ff.jpgIMG20220409160309.thumb.jpg.0adf010ed338c23c4dd2c48947676990.jpgIMG20220409160554.thumb.jpg.49c7d89e629a8ebe9bae7982add08d5e.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is great, though a bit OTT from Dario. 

So fascinating, the project GMA are on. Living history, a very special time we are witnessing.

Justin 

I know that I am in a minority of one, but I just can’t get that excited about these cars. It’s almost like an and of career Rock ‘n Roller’s Greatest Hits album and tour.

Blend together all the bits from your past glories and wait for the money to start rolling in from your now-rich groupies.

I am sure they will be mega to drive, but, as you say, living history, rather than looking to the future.