Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 29 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

£82k....   What happened to £59k or did I imagine that rumoured price? 

360bhp for £82k. Wasn't Evora 400 around this price but was considered over-priced? 

So, we've lost 40bhp, added min 100kg and lost rear seats and two cylinders. Mmmm.

This will be fascinating to see if a bit of tech, easier egress and more dramatic styling can change history.

Justin

• Like 1

Sub-£60k was the base price, this is the First Edition which is loaded with all options. I doubt they'll be able to keep to the original price claim though #GlobalInflation

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Sub-£60k was the base price, this is the First Edition which is loaded with all options. I doubt they'll be able to keep to the original price claim though #GlobalInflation

all options, except ADAS that may or may not come when they have chips.  Car at this price really should have decent adaptive cruise control

Edited by simonb

Another smitten (US) road tester. Just need to get US shipments moving!

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

UK I4 road tests arr about to start so hopefully the AMG edition will get the love this super machine deserves 

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

So they keep saying! Wait until Goodwood they said!  All the mags will have road tests then they said!  
Er,

Where are they? Absolutely nothing out there in Interweb world at all. ……..Well apart from a price rise. 
They are truly testing my patience now. 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thanks but that was a Lotus provided photo every mag has used the same day virtually on line and they all used the same bumf they all wrote from a press release I’d image. Nobody yet has actually driven one. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On 14/07/2023 at 09:16, simonb said:

all options, except ADAS that may or may not come when they have chips.  Car at this price really should have decent adaptive cruise control

i4 will have

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Driven: Lotus Emira V6 First Edition

Lotus Emira V6 First Edition (44 of 44).jpg

I've not written a review for a few years so any feedback on the words or photography is welcome :)

What did you think? 

Re photography, the camera is pissed😆

Good write up👍 But what is it with you and with Shmee getting early 20's mpg? Our demo does not have the easiest of lives and usually sees 29-33 on most test drives, one customer has seen 40!! 

45 minutes ago, JB said:

But what is it with you

thought @Bibs had a reputation with cars - based on some other posts I have seen. Often on 2-3 wheels. Hope he gets to try the i4 to compare against the v6.

Hendy now have (or in the process of having - pdi) a V6 auto demo. But can't imagine a hoard of potential customers queuing up to have a go.

If I'm not mistaken the Union Flag is upside down!

image.jpeg.05ce5c1159d344b5c75b589a194d1f51.jpeg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!