Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Even @Kimbers. Here is a snap of him before he got all of his excess hair under control.

image.png

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

At least he still has hair! 😛

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Bloody Gorgeous I am!

May be an image of 1 person, tree and road

8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It’s also beanie hats over here, even in the summer.

And why are those guys all so short nowadays? They can barely see over the steering wheel.

What people used to call CHAV's are now called Beanies. Especially those.....erm....who I sometimes work with.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Renewed my BT broadband and TV contract recently. Also requested a new set top box to replace my ancient one. The day before it arrived, BT removed the HD BT Sport and NOW TV Sky Sports channels for. some reason. Presumably they’ll return when the new box comes, I thought.

Well 3 days and 4 very lengthy phone calls with various UK BT call centres and numerous e-mails later, I still haven’t got these channels on the new box. WTF? I am just renewing something I always had. Why is it so difficult? I even got one e-Mail saying I had started yet another new 24 month contract at £13 per month higher rate. :wallbash:

Bloody Twits and Stupid Gets is what they should rebrand to. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Why does a fridge need WiFi ?

Are they now like the toaster from Red Dwarf ?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

A guy I worked with had a thought one day. He asked what would happen if all of these things that have chips in them are all sent to landfill, if they all coalesce and gain sentience?

We might end up with Skynet emerging for the tip.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@ChrisJ it doesn't, it just means they can brag about a connected fridge and charge clueless muppets another £200.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm the WiFi in the house for our washing machine & tumble drier as they are both in the next room to my computer. I hear them beep, go turn them off and shout the X machine has finished. I only turn them off as they beep every couple of minutes to remind me that they have finished, which is really annoying.

A fridge is on 24 hrs a day and only has two jobs - keep the fridge compartment cool, keep the freezer compartment frozen. WiFi adds what?

Why do washing machines need to beep when they've finished anyway? It's very annoying and intrusive.

It's bad enough having SWMBO nagging you to do jobs and check her tyres without having something else telling you to do things.

• Love 1

You could probably find where the beep thing is in the washing machine/dish washer, harder to find 'elsewhere'.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Rambo said:

Why do washing machines need to beep when they've finished anyway? 

You want to try a Samsung Ecobubble - it plays what seems like the equivalent of Mahler's Symphony No 3 to tell you it's finished, :rolleyes: . Fortunately, ours blew up just before Christmas so I don't have to suffer listening to it any more.

The replacement (from Bosch) is so quiet, both when it's running and when it finishes, that were it not for the little flashing tell-tale light on the display, you'd never know it had done anything, :) . 

When I was checking out what was available, the salesman was very determined that I needed one with WiFi - he couldn't justify why, only that I would definitely be better off with it. When I pointed out that I don't even use it on my mobile phone so would be highly unlikely ever to need it on my washing machine, he looked at me as if I had just crawled out of the primordial slime, :lol: .

• Haha 2

What a ridiculous country we live in when union leaders feel the need to use words like these 🙄. Playground stuff for teachers union who are being “bullied”

Education secretary needs to 'stop the bullying tactics', says teaching union boss

Talking about Education Secretary Gillian Keegan, Dr Bousted said she needs to "stop the bullying tactics" and start "reading the room". 

Interestingly the vote by the unions included an option to reject on the grounds that it wasn't fully funded. The current offer is that only 0.5% will be funded by the government. The rest has to be found out of existing school budgets. This means that most schools will end up with a deficit and not spending the money on the children.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Whilst out this morning I decided to stop at a Supermarket cafe to get a coffee, having had one there before I knew it woukd be good. The cafe overlooks the entrance.

What made me shake my head was the number of families (2 adults + kids) who were going "shopping". WTF, why would you waster their lives in a supermarket? Is this what families do as a day out now, on a Bank Holiday weekend?

Me and my wife don't even go shopping together, and we never took the kids. One of us will pop there usually as we're passing, run in, get what we need, run out. It's the most least satisfying thing I can think of, supermarket shopping!

Why can't one adult stay at home, or even better take the kids to the park or similar? Is this the new standard of "experience" modern parents thinks helps to make their kids more rounded?

Surely one of the most selfish things parents can do to their kids.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
34 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

It's the most least satisfying thing I can think of, supermarket shopping!

That applies to Shopping full stop, not just Supermarket shopping (with the exception of cars obviously lol)

Shopping is what the Internet was invented for so no need to go out!

• Love 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

On 01/04/2023 at 08:14, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Renewed my BT broadband and TV contract recently. Also requested a new set top box to replace my ancient one. The day before it arrived, BT removed the HD BT Sport and NOW TV Sky Sports channels for. some reason. Presumably they’ll return when the new box comes, I thought.

Well 3 days and 4 very lengthy phone calls with various UK BT call centres and numerous e-mails later, I still haven’t got these channels on the new box. WTF? I am just renewing something I always had. Why is it so difficult? I even got one e-Mail saying I had started yet another new 24 month contract at £13 per month higher rate. :wallbash:

Just to close this off. After another couple of rounds of frustrating phone calls and the HD sports channels were finally reinstated yesterday. The whole sorry affair took 9 days to resolve with various lengthy conversations with BT call centre staff in Glasgow, Newcastle, Blackburn and Exeter. What a waste of time and resources.

20 odd years ago @LotusLeftLotusRight I had Sky. Firly basic TV subscription. I phoned them up wanting to add boradband, phone and an entertainment subscription. I basically wanted to quadruple my monthly payment from £25 to £100 per month. To cut a long story short they pissed me about so much that day on the phone that I cancelled my subscription there and day and now, all that time later, they still have not had a penny more from  me for anything. No skin off my nose, probably not off theirs, but if more people just said "enough" and cancelled thyen they'd have to do something about it.

• Like 2

The small print.

With regards to shopping, that's one of the few good things to come out of the whole covid debacle: I know order all our groceries online and just pull up to collect them. Takes just 5 min, or 15 if there's a couple of other shoppers waiting in line. The service fee is usually deducted because of some promotion but even if it isn't, I'll happily pay €6 to not have to spend an hour going through a supermarket!

The other good thing is pre-ordering fries, so you don't have to wait in line. We get a text message 10 min before they are ready, which gives us just enough time to change out of the overalls, clean up a bit and go and get the fries. 🙂 A great improvement to workshop efficiency!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.