Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 16 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

• Gold FFM

Wondered how long it would take.

We now have the Blockade protestors much like the UK Stop Oil (is that right?) protestors.

Also, the oldest football club in Australia, the Essendon Bombers have been challenged to remove the plane emblem from their badge as it promotes war too much. The 'voices' have said they could still be called the 'Bombers', just with a 'nicer' emblem. What about a bidet?

The club then came out and said they were looking at their current emblem, not because of the naysayers, but they are not sure as to whether the current emblem transfers well into the digital world.

It's an image. Doesn't transfer well into the digital world. What a load of crap.

In other words, we'll do the PC thing, but we'll use an excuse to make it look like we did it.

• Sad 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

So the Blockade protestors were at it again today. One 'lady' actually chaining herself between two cars on a highway.

Police should have got into the cars and moved them out of the way. Two problems solved at once. Cars out of the way and I'm pretty sure that the 'lady' would not be able to pull off the same stunt again.

Police to ambulance, "We need an ambulance at such & such a place."

Ambulance operator, "Is there an injury that we need to attend to?"

Police, "Not yet, but if you wait for a minute, you won't be upset."

How these people fail to grasp the information regarding the impact of ICE vs EVs is actually quite astonishing. Maybe that is why they protest. They are clueless.

Am I allowed to say that?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

If they have a right to their opinion, so do you!

And yes, I fully support your idea of driving off with the cars. Maybe not in opposite directions, not to begin with anyway. 😁

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Once again I find myself ashamed to call myself British. The mindless idiocy of this bloke absolutely makes my blood boil! Absolute Fucktard and I hope he gets the 5 years in jail this could result in!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66063405?fbclid=IwAR0yQdauqmIVHMlagW5S7Gi7-xojBswY4Ea6637kJNtODsZeh03jTSfiJG8

Colosseum: Man who carved names on ancient Rome amphitheatre is UK tourist, Italian police say.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

3 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Once again I find myself ashamed to call myself British

I'm sure the Romans raped and pillaged their way across Britian so don't beat yourself up too much mate........

Dave.

• Gold FFM
On 29/06/2023 at 14:44, C8RKH said:

So a 17 year old lad is stopped by the Police, and is shot when he tries to do a runner.

Rather than go out and riot, blame the Police etc., my first reaction is to ask "why did he run?"

Let's put it this way. If he had complied with a lawful request, and not tried to flee, would he be dead now?

The mothers leading a protest when she should be figuring out what led her son to put himself in that situation.

By running, the Police need to react in the moment without knowing what they are reacting to in terms of motive etc.

Accountability and responsibility for actions and their consequences lie with the individual. The rioters should be ashamed.

Largely agree with this. I don't like people all jumping on to defend someone and call them an 'angel' when they've never even spoken to them. Now, he might have been an angel, I have no idea, but that's why I'm not going to pass judgement one way or another.

He seems to have been driving an A45 AMG. He must be minted for a 17 year old!

I was just going to add @Sparky that given the amount of graffiti and vandalism you see by Italians in Rome I'm surprised it made a difference!

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Apparently the AMG was a rental, but he'd been done 5 times in the last couple of years, was known for not complying with police and has been charged for driving without plates and insurance and drug dealing. Not an excuse to shoot someone but should be taken into account.

• Like 1

As I said the poor copper had no time to think, just react 

We had the same over here with that Duggan character. Everyone saying he was a good lap. Then his rap sheet comes out and he's known to have carried a gun 

FFS, sometimes I shake my head so much I'm surprised it doesn't fall off.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Imagine if the French had put in so much effort when the Germans rolled in..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave.

10 hours ago, Dave Eds said:

Imagine if the French had put in so much effort when the Germans rolled in..........

A lof French did and paid a heavy price. There's still, in places, a lot of resentment about how quickly Parisiens gave up France!

The small print.

Was in France when this happened and appears the problem was he was shot at point blank range. There is already a lot of hate for the police particularly from the Arab quarters

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

If the riots go on much longer I think (hope) most French will be shouting for a police force that shoots on sight, to protect even more shops from being looted and cars being burned etc. They should charge the mother with instigating a riot and put all those they can arrest in forced labor to pay for all the damages. Just imagine being an unknowing tourist there, with your beloved Lotus parked in some city, like so many were in Laon earlier in May...

• Love 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
On 01/07/2023 at 11:26, pete said:

Was in France when this happened and appears the problem was he was shot at point blank range. There is already a lot of hate for the police particularly from the Arab quarters

Funny that though isn’t it. The Arab police forces being such a tolerant lot 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Only here once

On 30/06/2023 at 12:00, Kimbers said:

Once again I find myself ashamed to call myself British. The mindless idiocy of this bloke absolutely makes my blood boil! Absolute Fucktard and I hope he gets the 5 years in jail this could result in!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66063405?fbclid=IwAR0yQdauqmIVHMlagW5S7Gi7-xojBswY4Ea6637kJNtODsZeh03jTSfiJG8

Colosseum: Man who carved names on ancient Rome amphitheatre is UK tourist, Italian police say.

"Domus" takes the locative, which is...?

Er, "Domum" !

Understand? Now, write it out a hundred times.

Yes sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.

Hail Caesar ! And if it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

On 30/06/2023 at 12:00, Kimbers said:

Once again I find myself ashamed to call myself British.

So it seems that he isn't "British" afterall, though of course the damage to our reputation has already been done.

The small print.

3 hours ago, DDubya said:

"Domus" takes the locative, which is...?

Er, "Domum" !

Understand? Now, write it out a hundred times.

Yes sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.

Hail Caesar ! And if it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

Vocative I think😁

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Miss Holland 2023... 🙄

I've been in meetings with better looking civil servants from the Netherlands for crying out loud. The only reason he got the crown is because the organisers/ jury want to show how woke and politically correct they are. Very sad. And don't give me that male bovine manure that it's about inner beauty. It's a beauty contest! We expect candidates to parade in glamorous dresses and tiny bathing suits and they should be judged by the blood flow to the nether regions of the male audience.