Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, 100th_Idiot said:

That mattress sounds a bit harsh. Would it blow up at random intervals? Are we talking fire cracker or plastic explosive?

Now you've got me thinking!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Oooh, the shared blow up doll sounds messy......

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, Sparky said:

They might have been in tears had they known the truth.  My idiot son-in-law is doing a stretch at the moment.  He has carpet, TV, a Playstation, a phone in his room with unlimited use, is being retrained as a plasterer and has all-day access to the well-provisioned gym.  I'm seriously considering a life of crime.

Absolutely ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Great to know my hard earned taxes are being used to keep prisoners in a nice cocooned bubble away from the pressures, strains and reality of life.

I'm not normal (well, you all know that anyway) but if it was my  decision it would be a 6' x 6' concrete cell. An opening but barred window. A blow up mattress, a toilet in the corner and a shower head in the middle of the ceiling to clean the cell and occupant every 2 days.

Shorter but tougher sentences in isolation with no frills, nor benefits.

Rehabilitation? Bah humbug. Punishment first. Like to see them laugh at that.

Spot on. And if they are a corrupt politician or civil servant pop their matress.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That a person like this can actually believe he has any human right whatsoever. He certainly didn’t give a flying fcuk about the human right of the people he massacred 

https://news.sky.com/story/mass-murderer-anders-breivik-suing-norway-government-again-in-bid-to-end-his-prison-isolation-12681931

• 4 weeks later...

That's a new one from when I was working 😲

Where's the curved ball, thinking outside the box, singing from the same hymn sheet, shooting from the hip, blue sky thinking bullshit? It's not the same anymore. And now we have to contend with all this wokeism and gender bullshit 😕

There is one silver lining: the resistance is growing and that brings colleagues closer together. No doubt more so than a teambuilding day.

Someone is turning the motion detectors away, another one is looking for masking tape, I'm thinking spray-on grease should work as well.

What we haven't figured out yet is who's bright idea this was and how long they plan to keep the bloody things. There is the optimistic view it might just be for this week, as we have a 'soft mobility' week to encourage people walking and cycling. I'm pretty sure they'll stay until we remove them ourselves.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Escape said:

There is one silver lining: the resistance is growing and that brings colleagues closer together. No doubt more so than a teambuilding day.

Someone is turning the motion detectors away, another one is looking for masking tape, I'm thinking spray-on grease should work as well.

What we haven't figured out yet is who's bright idea this was and how long they plan to keep the bloody things. There is the optimistic view it might just be for this week, as we have a 'soft mobility' week to encourage people walking and cycling. I'm pretty sure they'll stay until we remove them ourselves.

Maybe the cyclists that you nearly hit were from where you work and they were wanting to get there in a hurry to walk up and down the stairs and listen to the speakers before other naysayer employees come along and put masking tape on them? ;) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

If they read it, they certainly missed the point!

What I find most disturbing, someone is actually trying to keep the system operational! I've been told the detectors that had been turned away have been put back into position... 

I'll try the other staircase when I go home, still debating the masking tape. Could be useful on the cyclists as well. 😈

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I must admit I have never heard of movement activated positive message speakers before.

Someone is making money for a short lived fad I would think.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 21/09/2022 at 07:14, Barrykearley said:

D4D34017-3927-481A-9C45-505F46C278FA.jpeg.3b294422b00013ebfdbfbbba7b41a603.jpeg

you might find this useful to have for the next meeting.

There’s two glaring omissions from the table. “Reach out” and “Moving forward”. I just ******* hate those!

• Haha 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

And to add to my comment. The only people that should be allowed to utter the words “Reach Out” should be the Four Tops.

• Haha 2

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• 3 weeks later...

When will the media start to report things correctly.

Headline “Protester sprays paint on Aston Martin showroom” totally incorrect.
If they must report it the headline should read “Vandal commits criminal damage to Aston Martin showroom”

Please, please, please can the media send their reporters on a course to learn the difference between a protester and a vandal.

The fact that they film themselves doing it just shows that they expect to get away with just a slap on the wrist. We definitely need some real justice from the courts in this country.

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12722077

• Like 2

Two 'Stop Oil' activists climbing up the Dartford Crossing bridge wires.

What a marvelous way of getting everyone onboard with their cause, I'm pretty sure the thousands of individuals stuck in the resultant jams will be cheering them all the way.

Margate Exotics.

Why do the police pander to them. Stopping the traffic is exactly what they want. Just leave them there and let the traffic carry on as normal 

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong