Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Sportsracer wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Sportsracer wanted

Philsport300

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Is this one? From the TLF Evora Sports Racer Club thread.

0fodTxX.png

My friend spotted this in August on his family holiday down in Cornwall, as he sent me a couple of photos

i thought all cars of that age are Superchargers, so I learnt and surprised it being NA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

SR NA are rare indeed. If you drop the colour requirement, you might stand a chance (dependent on price).

To give you a figure, if you want a manual car, you are shopping in a pool of 24 cars. As you can imagine, that might take a while to find a car. In green, which is a rare colour, I would think one maybe two if you are lucky.

• Like 2

Maybe look at putting a time frame on your current search to make your expectations realistic ?

once you pass that time frame maybe review the buying criteria and look at alternative model or budgets ? 

sorry to state the obvious but when you are looking at a limited numbers it pays to be reflective in the search to avoid the disappointment ?

• Gold FFM

2012-15 with all the packs and select fancy premium sports seats, furry dash and black pack options will do it but I suspect those are super rare because it was cheaper to get a SR I believe so someone intentionally had to pay more to get an 'unofficial one'.

The 2012+ is a bit better built/finished from my experience so I can understand wanting a newer model.

2014 and 2015 NA are rare and seem to fetch a healthy premium. Partly due to being younger, partly as most if not all are Sports Racer spec. The SR spec was a fully loaded car with a black roof (I assume painted) and selected other black features. The list price was reduced, effectively getting the extras 'free'. The promotion was to try to boost sales. 

I suspect the gap between a clean earlier Evora NA and a NA Sports Racer will close - as age of the car becomes irrelevant to value. Earlier NA are undervalued presently compared to late NA (a) some buyers don't want a 10+ year old car (b) some want a MY12 car. 

(a) will be irrelevant soon, there won't be any under 10 years old. (b) will become increasingly irrelevant as folk will mainly be using the cars for weekends and the very early cars will have their own special appeal - early cars always do once the model has classic status. And the MY12 status is significantly overplayed as the early cars have in the main had any minor gremlins fixed or updated.

If you want a SR NA, you gonna pay a lot more than a non-SR earlier car. Financially, I'd consider an early car. A beauty Launch Edition 27000 miles recently sold for £29k, it was near mint for its age. The new owner has made it look like a SR, all reversible. I suspect that car will appreciate in value over the next 5 years. A similar SR would be at least £34k, probably more and I don't think will appreciate as fast. The SR may even depreciate a bit as it moves towards being over 10 years old. 

Justin

• Like 1

On 12/01/2023 at 18:13, Philsport300 said:

Still not got any further with my search for a nice Evora Na. Does anyone have one they wish to part with?.

@Philsport300 I assume you’ve seen the one in Aspen white at Central Lotus ? I’ve posted previously I was the 2nd owner swapped to a 400 in 2020. It’s a very good example but pretty pricey though, they’ve had it since August mind ……

Phill

• Like 1

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13702305

£42k......it's almost identical (colour, mileage) to the LE sold for £29k in October 2022. 

I have the leather door pull trims from that SR on my NA - Phill replaced with the carbon ones. I bought the redundant ones from Phill. 

Justin