Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How long till more Emiras than Evoras for sale. - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How long till more Emiras than Evoras for sale.

MrBlueSky

Possibly a mix of cancelled orders and demos? Would they shift V6 demos before the i4 comes in?

Cancelled orders not unique to Lotus by the way, non-GT Porsche's are suffering too - pages of chat about it on Pistonheads 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=2041147&i=0

Edited by Giveitfish

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Seriously - we are on the edge of a massive abyss presently.

last weekend - first weekend of kids holidays I had a weekend away In Minehead with Emily - the entire place was dead. Now im in Tunisia - again - dead - very low numbers locals have noticed. Ems had exactly the same in Spain a couple of weeks ago.

folks are feeling it.

Only here once

Lotus made 6,000 odd Evora's in 14 years and they're currently making 600 Emira's per month. The bias towards the Emira now and even more so in the very near future isn't a surprise. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm surprised that posts comparing Emira/Evora numbers appear to group together all models of the Evora on sale.

Surely the only models of Evora that reasonably can be compared with the Emira are the 400 and upwards?   Taking only those models into account would show a much larger disparity in numbers.  Comparable Evoras are already a much rarer species than the common or garden Emira!   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2023 at 19:08, Bibs said:

Lotus made 6,000 odd Evora's in 14 years and they're currently making 600 Emira's per month. The bias towards the Emira now and even more so in the very near future isn't a surprise. 

Yeah, but these Emiras are all almost new cars which people are trying to sell pretty damn quickly after taking delivery.

600 a month since when?  Or is this a hope rather than an actuality?

Where are they being sold? July registrations for the UK from smmt do not show Lotus at all. They may of course be in the all other UK manufacturers number of 226 registrations for all manufacturers. 

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

July registrations for the UK from smmt do not show Lotus at all

SMMT figures do not list all manufacturers, eg Lotus & McLaren, they removed Lotus from their monthly reporting a few years ago as the numbers were so low.  They must be included in the Other British.

I get the fuller figures from https://www.am-online.com/data/manufacturer-insight but they come out a few days after the SMMT published ones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lotus registered delivery figures Germany, 2023 until September........

2023     Eletre Emira Sonstige Gesamt

Januar       11   11
Februar       12   12
März       25 1 26
April       37   37
Mai       37   37
Juni       31   31
Juli     9 18   27
August     8 19   27
September     12 11 3 26
Oktober           0
November           0
Dezember           0

29 201 4 234

Total: 234

https://www.lotus-forum.de/WBB/index.php?thread/14089-lotus-zulassungszahlen/&pageNo=34

Edited by rudolphwolven
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have, but then I live less than a mile from my local Lotus dealer so that's probably no surprise.

They do have a lot in stock on the forecourt (I counted 16 over Christmas) so I am not sure what sales are like, its a very nice ting thought IMO.

• 1 month later...

Currently in South Africa and wondered what the local market was like for Lotus cars.  There are currently 5 for sale.  An Elan, 2 dubious looking non badged Sevens (ie kit cars) and 2 Emiras.  Here’s one of the Emira’s - current exchange rate is around 23 rand to the pound, so north of £100k being asked.  Cars here are definitely more expensive than in the UK but this is really big money! 

IMG_6704.jpeg.53c9c0b7bd833ec46a1804cd45b5e6ae.jpeg

By reference to Jayemm lotus made 6117 EVORA's. I recon there more EMIRA's than EVORA's in existence. 

• Gold FFM

Looking at howmanyleft.co.uk, there were already more Emiras on the road in Q3 last year (over 1000) that the total number of Evoras (less than 900).