Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF TripAdvisor - Venice - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF TripAdvisor - Venice

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think wheeled luggage is banned. 

Venice expensive and almost a theme park now, hardly any locals left. 

Do plenty of research to find the few truly local restaurants left.

The history of how it was constructed is truly mind boggling. 

Justin

Lived just south of it, Went twice, CBA to go again. What Justin Said. 

Go to Bologna. Best underrated place in Italy!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Isn't that on the second floor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Go to Bologna. Best underrated place in Italy!

Absolutely, with real locals, great food and the Ducati and Ferrari factories to visit. 👍

• Like 1

Its one of those places where you can just be aghast at how much everything costs and make yourself miserable avoiding the obvious stings....or accept up front that's what its like - pay your way and enjoy the experiences as they're meant.  Gondola rides are nice and romantic, but I preferred the Vaporetti for actually going anywhere - faster!  Coffee and people watching in St Marks Square while listening to lovely music.  Blinis in Harry's bar if you like that sort of thing.  Walking the endless back alleys and finding the most extreme costume mask shops.  The jewellery shops on the Rialto.  Get on a tour to learn about the Doges and their palace - a more general architectural tour better still.  And if you have an extra half day then deffo Murano - but that's not in Venice proper.

Just set yourself a budget - then double it - then enjoy yourself 'til the money runs out.

• Thanks 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

As you are definately going now I recommend what Michael says. I think my dad hired a private speedboat and we went from one place to another but there are bigger boats where you can go visit all the places like Leper Island. But I don't like mixing with the commoners so went private!! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

One of my favourite places in the world.

There's something very special about Venice, in St Marks Basilica there was an overwhelming feeling of tranquility, you will be told not to take photos and for good reason, we took some crafty ones, the camera can pick up what the eye can't see.

If you go to Bologna, just down the road at St Agata is the Lamborghini factory and museum, a factory tour needs to be booked in advance, but we'll worth a visit. 

If you do a bit of name dropping of @Kimbers dad, you might get in for free😉

Fill wallet and ensure credit card limit raised. That's just for the coffee!

Enjoy 🙂

• Haha 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Thank you for all the tips. We had a wonderful 5 days out there. Wasn't too bad to be honest for costs other than €22 bellini's in Harrys Bar and lunch at Florians, but you could see it getting busier even in that short period of time! Beautiful place, amazing food and a very relaxing break :)

image.jpeg

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

23 hours ago, jep said:

Naples great but not very safe. Take the old train to Pompeii, I think it was built prior to that lost city. 

Do NOT drive in Naples. 

Justin 

Totally with Justin. Having lived in Italy, travelled everywhere and being a "Big Lad" who isn't scared of much, Napoli is scary and not particularly safe.

However. Opposite Napoli in the Gulf of Naples is Sorento. Probably one of the best places I have ever been. Amazing, safe and just as close, if not closer to many of the sights like Pompeii, than Napoli!

• Like 1