Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Book Collecting - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Book Collecting

red vtec

Anyone on here collect books?

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I do like a signed book. Ideally by the author 🙂

I would like to explore the hobby more but currently stick to subjects I'm interested in rather than random collecting. 

I usually buy the Coterie Press limited editions. 

Justin

Those with large book collections that leave them to relatives, it can take ages to deal with as not many people collect books. My father had loads of religious books, tried offloading to the church - who thought they were out of date, so not much choice of what to do with them.

I’m terrible with books. My brother bought me a lovely biography of Enzo Ferrari for my birthday. I popped it in my bedside cabinet for bedtime reading. 3+ years later, I still haven’t read a single page. In fact, I don’t think I have read a proper book since I was at school.

I collect Bond On Her Majesty's Secret Service books.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I got a Kindle for my birthday last year, I've read 70 books since!! Still have a small collection of books from my favourite authors, a few signed ones too and a large collection of Lotus books/magazines but I'm a Kindle convertee! 

• Confused 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I love to read books - but only tend to get the time to do so when on holiday, and a couple of hours a week while my son is at hockey training.

Never been too sure about a Kindle - which is all my wife uses - as I like to hold the book and turn the pages.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

I have a collection of the most politically incorrect books from my youth (and added to later as presents) - Biggles!

I have great memories of reading the Biggles books when I were a lad.

I can’t get on with Kindle at all and much prefer to hold a proper page turning book. 
I’ve been hooked on horror and crime/murder thrillers for probably the last 50 years or so and really need to cull my collection. More recently though, I’ve been listening to audiobooks when I’m driving on my own. Much prefer those to listening to music most of the time. 

• Like 1

I have first edition first impression US & UK On Her Majesty's Secret Service (OHMSS), both signed by George Lazenby. I also have a first edition, first impression From Russia with Love, validated to 4 days after publishing. I also own Dame Diana Riggs personal copy of the royal premier program for OHMSS. And I also have a copy of Carte Blanch (007 continuation novel) signed by the author. Along with several paperback versions of OHMSS.

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Love books. Don't so much as collect as hoard. Can't stand kindle or electronic readers, I want a proper book in my hands.

I do have quite a few Star Wars books and a few little gems like "The intellectual Expositor" which I picked from a house I was picking for Jewellery (Deceased and kids wanted better money than Auction). There's a dedication in the front dated 1858 and its a First edition.

Yes I do picking. American Pickers have nothing on me! 

you know who has a huge signed book collection? MJK. All signed by those mostly deceased and virtually all Car related. @jep you would have a field day!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

14 minutes ago, jep said:

@Kimbers remind me MJK address so I can send a Christmas card 😉

Justin 

If he gets burgled I will know who did it!

Oh yeah, he also has this there that you might like :P Yours for s snip at £15,000 (But no seriously its not for sale, EVER).

Corgi 269 Gold-Plated Lotus Esprit in gold presentation box - Picture 1 of 6

• Love 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!