Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 84 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, but it has the very rare 5.2 V8. 😛

Been listed before, I don't expect it will sell any time soon at that price!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Sorry @NeilP, I was referring to the yellow one @hedgerley posted just before your post. That one has an, ahum, interesting price and the ad mentions a 5.2 V8.
The red one is far more reasonable. And judging by the pictures both have the original Lotus 918 V8. Probably just a typo in the ad for the yellow one, maybe the price is a typo as well. 😛 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Low mileage S4s up for auction; going for a steal at the moment given the mileage, although some of the modifications are not to my personal taste.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1995-lotus-esprit-s4s

Appears to be the car road tested by Autocar back in the day looking at the reg. Makes it an early one too.

• Like 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Gold FFM

Ah, reading the listing confirms it's the Autocar road test car. Also chass no.1 too according to the ad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomcattom said:

some of the modifications are not to my personal taste.

I can't possibly imagine what you mean :hrhr:

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

I see this is now a merge of 2 topics, but has it now got the correct title? The combined topic is about far, far more than Esprit S4s chassis no1 up for auction.

• Gold FFM

Don't know what it topped out at, but evidently it didn't make its reserve because it's ended unsold this evening.

I think it was about £26000 an hour or two before the deadline. But that doesn't mean it didn't reach a couple millions after this and that it was still not enough, obviously.

Edited by Giniw

• 3 weeks later...

There is an 89 turbo up for auction on The Market atm.

Listed as an SE but it's not, also had a rather strange recent 'restoration' with series 3 colour scheme.

Currently at £20k reserve not met. Personally a bit surprised it's got that high.

1989 LOTUS Esprit Turbo SE For Sale by Auction (bonhams.com)

Interesting to use Fezza style wheels and an S3 paint job on a refurb of an SE rather than putting it back to std.  Can't see that helping the sale or price achieved.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Also interesting to do it up as a TE (bar the wing) and then misadvertise as an SE.

On 31/03/2023 at 20:25, tomcattom said:

Don't know what it topped out at, but evidently it didn't make its reserve because it's ended unsold this evening.

On 31/03/2023 at 21:18, Giniw said:

I think it was about £26000 an hour or two before the deadline. But that doesn't mean it didn't reach a couple millions after this and that it was still not enough, obviously.

Now on Pistonheads for £44,995

Red Esprit S4s

• Like 1