Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bob: the bullet that finally got me - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bob: the bullet that finally got me

• Gold FFM

I think that hamster was the last straw.

Only one up the Jap's eye?  Pah, I've had 3.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 minutes ago, Sparky said:

1 at the hospital and 2 at home 😜

• Haha 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

9 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Yeah, but you paid for the last two.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Ah, Pat Pong.  What a night that was.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Reckon I'll end up with a semicolon...

• Haha 2

That is one way to deal with Bob, drown him in alcohol this weekend 😀

Good luck and enjoy the weekend trip.

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

• Gold FFM

Remember, what happens in the IOW stays in the IOW! 😎

have a good one mate 👍

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

Ooooh, definitely.

• Gold FFM

Glorious weather for the IOW - enjoy the gin! and fingers crossed on the next steps plan. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sparky said:

the surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday 21 May.

Let them know I'm available mate, happy to pop along and recover some of those missing 10mm sockets no doubt lodged up there! 

• Haha 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Hopefully a silver lining on an otherwise dark cloud. Glad the NHS has been so efficient.

• Like 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Let them know I'm available mate, happy to pop along and recover some of those missing 10mm sockets no doubt lodged up there! 

Can't find my 36mm either...

That sounds pretty positive. That is fast. Takes longer to get my car booked in with Watford Exotics 😀

Good luck with next week.

• Haha 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

53 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Can't find my 36mm either...

Bet you used to say that quite a lot in your youth..

Great news

• Gold FFM

Just seen this thread. Blow it away Sparky you’ve got this.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Sparky said:

After a fantastic IOW weekend, I returned home late Sunday, exhausted, and checked my latest blood results which still show a nasty level of anaemia.  I'm pretty convinced the bleeding has increased.  Monday around 1700 I received the call inviting me in for THE CHAT at 1330 Tuesday.

Tuesday morning was purgatory, but we kept ourselves busy, made it through and got to the hospital to learn my fate.

The news is pretty good!  It's adenocarcinoma, malignant, but currently they can find no evidence of metastasis, so have offered me what they consider to be curative surgery with various follow-ups to look more closely at the staging and potential for spread.

I will have a right hemicolectomy, losing maybe 40-50cm of colon and a bit of small intestine.  As it's already too long, it won't be missed much!  The appendix will disappear too.  This will all be tested and complement the other subsequent tests which will aid in staging, which I fervently hope to be 1 or 2.

Incredibly, the surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday 21 May.  These people don't muck about!  Found 2 May, confirmed 14 May, removal due 21 May.  Stunning response by the NHS.

I may need transfusion.  I will be up and about within 24 hours of surgery, eating semi-solid stuff, maybe home within 3-5 days, and physically recovered in around 3 weeks - if all goes well!  Of course there are risks to that timescale but I'll do everything I can to help mitigate them.  Motility, of course, is another issue.  That'll be a huge learning curve, I suspect.

I'm still keeping this from Facebook to protect the grandkids for the moment.  But among the various people I've told, 3 ardent objectors to the bowel screening programme have seen the light and decided to ask for replacement test kits.  And that cheers me up.

Anyhow, F*ck Bob!  As most will know I'm a grammar Nazi; I'm very much looking forward to a semicolon.

well always F%^k bob, i know, as you know Sparkles, that when it all goes wrong there is nothing like the NHS. I reckon ( well i know) that i cost you tax payers at least a million quid. But for all their faults they literally saved my life 13 years ago, the after care was shocking. but i have had 13 years with my family which i wouldn't have had without them and 100% the left side of my head is worth more than a lot of cars 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparky said:

Incredibly, the surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday 21 May.  These people don't muck about!  Found 2 May, confirmed 14 May, removal due 21 May.  Stunning response by the NHS.

Yes I'm impressed - but given that I can't ever get a doctor's appointment to get to the starting gate I'm less impressed with how it works in Somerset.  Good, in a way I suppose, that it works if you're really ill - but not if you're just mildly inconvenienced like me.  The downside is that with that sort of service you know you must be really ill...I'll stick with just the minor stuff and lousy service I think!

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny