Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bob: the bullet that finally got me - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bob: the bullet that finally got me

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Glad to hear there is a plan of attack to get rid of Bob!

And even better to hear you enjoyed IoW. 😉 

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

NHS not geared for prevention. It never was and cannot afford to. 

It is changing, v slowly. Woman in particular are screened and it's happening for men but we are decades away from prevention rather than cure.

If you can afford it, have an annual check-up at a private GP. In London this costs £350. 

Over 50, every 5 years have a colonoscopy. Not cheap though and NHS will not do this until usually too late. 

Ultimately,  treat you're body like your Lotus. Expect to pay for routine annual servicing. NHS is like insurance, there when facing total loss/accident damage.  

Justin 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Glad to hear you're ok mate, sounds like some luck there and a happy ending (for want of a better phrase!). 

I was in the doctors yesterday, I'm 50 in a week and asked for a PSA check as my Dad had Prostate cancer and my Mum also had cancer. They said no, I wasn't showing symptoms so no need for a check. I'm going to pay for one privately.

I'm 56 and my Doctors refuse to do a "Well Man Check" which the NHS keep telling me I should have on a regular basis! All I get is "Do you feel ok?" Yes, You don't need it then. Prevention would save Billions of £'s vs treatment! We really need to sort the GP system out in the UK and stop building huge amounts of housing in areas without Healthcare in place, That is the pure reason I can't see a GP. FFS! My son cut himself due to depression and they would only do a "telephone appointment!"

• Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

I presume that IOW is Isle of Wight? Or considering what you have coming up: In, Out, Whisky?

I have been getting tired a lot lately. Went to the doc. Blood tests etc. Bowel screening test from the government. I've always done it when it started coming in the mail. Has been ok until the last one. Both samples positive for blood. Blood test also showed up REALLY low vitamin D.

Colonoscopy. All clear, so that was a bonus. Except I have bad haemorrhoids. After the last time I had some banding done, that doctor said that if they played up again, that he would not be able to help due to scar tissue and said that I would have to get seen by a surgeon.

So the surgeon is the same guy that did the colonoscopy. I trust him completely. Really nice guy.

I was scheduled for early June, but then Liz trumped me with her surgeon (and then 6 weeks of recuperation) so my haemorrhoidectomy (and then 6 weeks of recuperation as well) has been pushed out now to the start of August because I can't get in to see my neurologist until the middle of July. I have to see him as the bottom surgeon wants me to stop my anticoagulant for a week before and a week after the surgery. I'm on that for life since my stroke and my GP is not prepared to make the call on whether I can stop it for 2 weeks. He is thinking that I should be ok with either Aspirin or Clexane injections.

So anyway, the surgeon has told me that after two weeks everyone hates him, but after 6 weeks they wonder why they waited that long to get it done.

So anyway as they say, it's going to be a real PITA!

I haven't given my three names like you have named Bob, but it doesn't matter.

Wish you all the best mate.

PS. I can't think of anything smart/funny/sarcastic to see at the moment. I'll have to leave it with the IOW thing at the start. Pitiful, I know.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
38 minutes ago, ramjet said:

In, Out, Whisky?

My kind of Friday at the Horns.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

PS. I can't think of anything smart/funny/sarcastic to see at the moment.

Oh, I don't know. You managed to say

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

I was scheduled for early June, but then Liz trumped me with her surgeon (and then 6 weeks of recuperation) so my haemorrhoidectomy (and then 6 weeks of recuperation as well) has been pushed out now to the start of August

Which I thought was subtle...

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, ramjet said:

Miles, Giles and Nobby Stiles?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

Glad to hear you're ok mate, sounds like some luck there and a happy ending (for want of a better phrase!). 

I was in the doctors yesterday, I'm 50 in a week and asked for a PSA check as my Dad had Prostate cancer and my Mum also had cancer. They said no, I wasn't showing symptoms so no need for a check. I'm going to pay for one privately.

So go back to the GP with 'symptons' and they will do the test 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Bloody hell Sparky, that's fast turnaround for the NHS, I'm to be in London Monday and thought I'd see about swinging by but that's definitely out with you in hospital the next day (you don't need any foreign bugs from Narfuk, so I'll catch you some time soon.

• Gold FFM

Would've been lovely to see you, but wise words mate!

• Gold FFM

At 52 I do feel tired quite a lot. Not sure if that is a symptom but I’ll definitely enquirer at my doctors surgery for a test. Cheers guys, good to talk.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

On 16/05/2024 at 20:05, ramjet said:

I presume that IOW is Isle of Wight? Or considering what you have coming up: In, Out, Whisky?

I have been getting tired a lot lately. Went to the doc. Blood tests etc. Bowel screening test from the government. I've always done it when it started coming in the mail. Has been ok until the last one. Both samples positive for blood. Blood test also showed up REALLY low vitamin D.

Colonoscopy. All clear, so that was a bonus. Except I have bad haemorrhoids. After the last time I had some banding done, that doctor said that if they played up again, that he would not be able to help due to scar tissue and said that I would have to get seen by a surgeon.

So the surgeon is the same guy that did the colonoscopy. I trust him completely. Really nice guy.

I was scheduled for early June, but then Liz trumped me with her surgeon (and then 6 weeks of recuperation) so my haemorrhoidectomy (and then 6 weeks of recuperation as well) has been pushed out now to the start of August because I can't get in to see my neurologist until the middle of July. I have to see him as the bottom surgeon wants me to stop my anticoagulant for a week before and a week after the surgery. I'm on that for life since my stroke and my GP is not prepared to make the call on whether I can stop it for 2 weeks. He is thinking that I should be ok with either Aspirin or Clexane injections.

So anyway, the surgeon has told me that after two weeks everyone hates him, but after 6 weeks they wonder why they waited that long to get it done.

So anyway as they say, it's going to be a real PITA!

Wish you all the best mate.

PS. I can't think of anything smart/funny/sarcastic to see at the moment. I'll have to leave it with the IOW thing at the start. Pitiful, I know.

Hey Michael, do some checks of squatting vs sitting when defecating. The jury's still out on hemorroids but generally positive about being easier and faster. (Seen those no squatting on the toilet seat signs at airports?) 

DanR

On 17/05/2024 at 20:00, Gjk said:

At 52 I do feel tired quite a lot. Not sure if that is a symptom but I’ll definitely enquirer at my doctors surgery for a test. Cheers guys, good to talk.

56 and knackered all the time. I have had cancer already but my Doctor has said "living your life the same way you have since your 20's, like working out at the gym, running, drinking and eating what you want (especially the drinking) and generally burning the candle at both ends is why you are constantly tired". Stopped drinking more than once a week (just Saturday now) and trying to eat healthy has helped. But he's right, we can't do what we used to do.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Hi @Kimbers. I tried the link at the bottom of your page but it said the server may have changed?

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

That's the last of the food.  Operation Pebbledash commences at 1700hrs.

• Gold FFM

Good luck for today......bring home the bit of colon/appendix and pickle it in the finest gin you have, and raise a glass for all your many tomorrows