Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Theory 1 Concept Car - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Theory 1 Concept Car

On 12/09/2024 at 09:11, Bibs said:

The invite does mention a new concept car.

Imagine if it had a V8 :D

AMG V8 tuned by Lotus fairies 

On 13/09/2024 at 14:55, DarrylV8 said:

Latest AM Vantage engine?

Even the old 2019 4.0ltr, just the right amount of poke vs cost!

a 2019 Becker designed AMG powered V8 Vantage is now about £70k on the used market.. 

4 hours ago, auRouge said:

AMG V8 tuned by Lotus fairies 

Hmmm, I’m not convinced that the ‘Lotus fairies’ have had a great influence on the current AMG offering…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C__FbbOolMu/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Theory 1 briefly coming into full view.

Looks suitably supercar.

and Wired Magazine has the skinny https://www.wired.com/story/lotus-theory-1-is-a-three-seat-200-mph-ev-inspired-by-the-iconic-esprit/

Edited by NedaSay

I wonder if it'll become reality and if so, where it will be priced. 

I'm at the 'unveiling' tomorrow at midday. If I'm allowed, I'll live stream it to the TLF Facebook page or perhaps Youtube channel.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I would think that the tech in this car is a little too out there, this feels like a demonstrator, these doors are uselessly complex. The amount of what looks like forged carbon is mindboggling. the seat are over engineered to the nth degree and the tech material used...

Love the hint of esprit rear 3/4 in the image below, it is very geometric, but then the front is almost ovoid  with that glass canopee that reaches the  front lights.

spacer.png

LC_240905_WIRED_LOTUS_Shot04_020_V1.1.jp

LC_240905_WIRED_LOTUS_Shot05_005_V2.jpg

LOTUS_T1_Shot14_025_V2.jpg

LotusxWIRED1.jpg

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

This probably isn't close to a production car at all.  The materials and technology don't seem to have the consideration of cost and suitability for mass production.  I think this is a sort of engineering experiment for Lotus to see how they can differentiate their EVs from others and pioneer integrating new and different technologies into cars not previously considered.  The amount of other companies involved is particularly unique for a concept, so I think developing/streamlining the engineering process to collaborate with and utilize products from these new companies may've been a factor. 

I think what can be taken away from this that would reach production cars, maybe soon, is the design.  Russell Carr has mentioned within the last few years wanting to return to the Esprit wedge shape, and this seems to be a way to do it in a modern way. 

throw away all this whizardry and produce a simple car with this future looks for a price we can afford....if it must be electric so be it..

• Like 1

Lotus trying to out Lamborghini, Lamborghini?

Totally pointless if it looks anything like that. I think the new owners have "lost the plot" re who and what Lotus is and like Jaguar they are chasing a small, but wealthy, micro sector of the market. It's very "busy" in that micro sector, I wish them well, but increasingly find myself distanced from what Lotus is all about.

Instead of "for the drivers", it's becoming "for the poseurs".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

That's a stunning design.  Wow! 

I totally disagree, however, the world would be very boring if we all liked the same thing, and so like away Mark.....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

There is so much of this I like, the seats are basically a modern version of a the original 7 padded sections. The spartan interior and now BOG fat screens.

I kinda like the design. It does remind me of the Esprit, though the front could have been more angular/ wedge shaped instead of rounded. 

However, I fail to see the point of another EV hyper or supercar. Have all the Evija's sold 'already'? And what about the recent statement that the technology was not yet ready for an EV sports car, so those plans would be postponed? Now if they could mold a shape like this on an Evora/Emira platform and fit a nice engine, like the Aston V8 mentioned above, add some more angles, lose the overly complicated doors etc to get it down to a basic, light and simple sportscar, maybe even adding an Esprit badge to it and I'd be queuing to donate some organs. 

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I totally disagree, however, the world would be very boring if we all liked the same thing, and so like away Mark.....

Can't say I like the side profile or back either, reminds me of the cybertruck.

An email to me from Lotus says:

Visit Lotus London between 18-29 September and discover Theory 1 from up close

Just watched the live stream from Lotus London, car looks great from certain angles but like Keith not so keen on the design of the rear quarters, very Cybertruck around there, but probably required to allow for the design of the doors.

Other thoughts,

• the seats don't look all that comfortable for a long journey,
  • the windscreen rake is such that glare/flare will be more of a problem than it ever was/is on an Esprit whenever it's sunny unless they've done something clever with the glass,
  • what will be what happens when it rains, couldn't see a windscreen wiper,
  • Little if any cabin storage
  • Cup holders are so last decade

I get the minimalist approach but the interior reminds me of one of those communal shower unit in a French Formula 1 hotel, married to a shell from a VW Baja beach buggy.  I'd guess if it make it to market it would be at least 3 times the price of an Emira, and if I had the money, I'd buy 3 Emiras.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Not my cup of tea. Looks a bit Corvette at the front, and as has been mentioned, a bit of Cyber Truck. A step backwards.

5 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

That's a stunning design.  Wow!  

mceu_29628082261726492156893.webp.1d62fb8976c729761c3c46c38b319a29.webp

mceu_126915800191726492247998.webp.9fc5ce035e8955b7709e2113facc3a1e.webp

Rear end is an abortion! I’m afraid they lost me when they sat on my Emira deposit for two and a half years, and what they delivered didn’t inspire. Added to which I already work in an industry full of word spaghetti and bullshit. 

I’m with George Whitebread. “It’s bread with not farted about with”

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

What the absolute Huh? is this meant to mean?

The car features LOTUSWEAR™, an immersive system using adaptive robotic textiles and personalized haptic feedback to enhance support and grip.

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I tried to watch the video but the phrase "the car you wear" was just too much for me and I clicked it off after a few seconds more. Total BS and Lotus should be better than this gobbledok.

The small print.