Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 238 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I pick it up on Thursday! Go the collection date moved forwards.

Yippee! Can't wait. I was left to go alone on my test drive and it was quite enjoyable.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Uganda Men's Hockey team is through to the Semi Final of the qualifier for the Paris 2024 Olympics.

• Like 1

Just as a follow-up to my unhappy YouTube ads

Firefox and uBlock Origin still works :thumbsup:

• Gold FFM

Yes tax goes up. I hassle the senior bosses more than the other way round - the whole industry I now work in needs a serious wake up call! SWMBO is cool at the moment as long as I meet the social events I have been booked in for!

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

I couldn't agree more @Rambo.

I'm living my best life earning the least amount of money I have in 30 years.

I no longer manage (read wet nurse, marriage/relationship counsellor, snowflake ego massager, woke babysitter, etc.) people and I choose what work I do, when I do it, who for it, and my day rate. I've never felt so liberated and that is after being PAYE for 41 years of my 56 years on the planet!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18 minutes ago, Gjk said:

Wow! Didn’t think I’d get the rug pulled from beneath my feet!

Lol, we're not pulling your rug, we're pleased for you, honest. But we're sharing our experience too! Mine is recent experience, but I think @Rambo was a faster learner than me! :)

I work in IT, have done since 1985. The sector that has promised so much and delivered so little lol...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I work in IT, have done since 1985. The sector that has promised so much and delivered so little lol...

That is very much my thinking about IT, although when I mention it to IT people I get told that it is only the case because others just received what they asked for, it’s just because they couldn’t specify what they wanted correctly. 
Me response usually begins with bull…. 🙄

• Gold FFM

Within the aeronautical industry there is very little time for bullshite, it has to be done right first time around or the sh@t hits the fan.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

52 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

That is very much my thinking about IT, although when I mention it to IT people I get told that it is only the case because others just received what they asked for, it’s just because they couldn’t specify what they wanted correctly. 
Me response usually begins with bull…. 🙄

Your response is spot on Paul.  IT are quick to blame "users" who did not know what they wanted, but, the Industry, and associated professions, have now been around for over 60 years and it is high time IT (or Tech as it seems to be called these days) people started to hold themselves accountable for what they have delivered. Many times, better IT people would have worked more closely with the users to ensure these "problems" were not encountered.

IT suppliers (let me take one, Fujitsu - or I can say is look up the debacles that were the IT Post Office system (people killed themselves over that, literally!) and the NHS SPINE system. Both monumental cockups costing hundreds of millions. A combination of arrogance and incompetence on the side of IT created those messes, both from the supplier and the users.

Procurement, who continue to buy "cheap" when they know it will almost always cost them three times the price as a consequence (Norwich council and Oracle HR anyone?) should be tarred and feathered for incompetence.

Don't get me wrong. IT has given me a fantastic career and life. It's taken we all over the world and been very good to me financially. But these days, the number of just sheer and utter muppets that exist in and around Tech just kills me. I used to proud to work in Tech, but these days, I prefer not to say what I do....

38 minutes ago, Gjk said:

Within the aeronautical industry there is very little time for bullshite, it has to be done right first time around or the sh@t hits the fan.

Best not talk about ATC systems then. Or the bugs in the Boeing (or was it the Airbus?) fly by wire systems and sensors.....

• Sad 1

The small print.