Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 165 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

That's fkn weird.  This is a response to Chillidoggy on 14 June - you can see it above on this page.  I've just restarted my laptop after 8 days away, and the forum asked me to refresh the page to continue, so I'm guessing it was the last thing I did before departing.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

So by your thinking should pedestrians take out insurance too? She was in the wrong and it seems strange to me that though the judge aportioned 50:50 blame one person gets a payout and tge other gets bankruptcy. Take away prejudice re cyclists and this is not justice. By this reasoning a gormless twat on their phone walks in front of your car and you're liable. Law is all about precedent and this is worrying. She is just anotger one of the "it's never my fault always someone else to blame" brigade. Shocking really.

Not a bad idea.

Cyclists should also have registration plates and pay road tax!! Whilst they do not, they think they can do what they like because there is very little chance of them being identified. 

As I said, don't care who was to blame, just reinforces that cyclists that are insured would not only be insured in the case of both blame and no blame incidents but also potentially spurious ambulance chasing claims.

21 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I have witnessed people walking into bus stops and lamp posts while texting and walking. Makes my day because can't see how they can be so blindly unaware of their surroundings.

For the record, I text and walk yet can still see a solid 6 feet ahead. Use your peripherals!

Also, agreed, how does 50/50 still mean one side pays out?

Read in more detail. The pedestrian made a claim for compensation. The cyclist did not as he does not like the compensation claim culture. If the cyclist had also made a claim at the start of proceedings then the compensation and court costs would have been 50:50 each.

2 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Read in more detail. The pedestrian made a claim for compensation. The cyclist did not as he does not like the compensation claim culture. If the cyclist had also made a claim at the start of proceedings then the compensation and court costs would have been 50:50 each.

If I was the cyclist, given the judge ruled 50:50 I'd be lodging a claim against her right now!  She ONLY got £4k, it's the bloody lawyers who ran up the £100k legal bill. If I was him I'd get rid of all my assets and go bankrupt and then the lawyers would get nothing. Then I would sue her for my injuries The law in this instance really is and can be seen as, an ass.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On the way down to the car show, I was parked next to a Range Rover at the traffic lights. I had to crane my neck to look at the driver! Every vehicle is like the height of a truck. However after driving my Eclat for 30 years I am pretty used to it!

4 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Bit concerned about what that bloke in the suit might be doing.

Clearly he's very enthused !!  😉

• Haha 2

3 days to Holiday time....Cyprus here we come.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

5 hours ago, Kimbers said:

3 days to Holiday time....Cyprus here we come.

Better watch out for those Russian Missiles. And remember... keep your eyes in the skies.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Finally binning of shitty BT 7Mbps broadband. Got a wireless ISP delivering 50Mbps. Ordered service from Vonage for phone so pathetic BT can go and eat a bag of dicks. Useless twarts that could not be arsed to even try to provide semi decent service.

• Like 2

Am in Switzerland all week on a business event. On Monday the usual "please introduce the person next to you"

Face lit up "This is "XXXX from Germany he likes his sports cars and drives a Lotus Elise" 

There follows smiles and knowing looks across the room.

........ and the one delegate whose name I can remember...... Elise :thumbup:

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.