Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 147 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

4th one practicing to be part of a night fighter squadron ?

• Like 1

Yup. His turn for the blindfold challenge over the mountain....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Two years of planning and extreme expense, but worth every penny. 

This is my little family, and on Saturday I became the proud dad that walked his daughter down the Isle between rows of exotic and classic cars at Haynes international Motor Museum.

FB_IMG_1531210142033.jpg.9b3224c2bd805900c44d5cf3aed27882.jpg

The entire long long day couldn't have been better, the venue chosen by my car mad daughter was fantastic (I'll post up some photos Later).

And one last thing...when I was thinking about buying an Esprit V8, everyone warned me about the expense, the same could be said for daughters!!! 

A totally unforgettable moment...

IMG_06911.thumb.jpg.cda0af835bcdd5de3b14b71f15041cd3.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Only needs a green one, and it could be a Pride rally.

If only he still had his pink one

Only here once

5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Only needs a green one, and it could be a Pride rally.

I was parked in the disabled spot just out of shot, following a "racing incident"

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

OK, maybe not what made you happy today, but certainly what made me happy last weekend.  also goes to prove we do have dry day's up here in god's country as most of Saturday was 28/30 Deg C and Sunday after a 10 minute very light shower went on to hit the 30's from about 10 am onward's.

It was our annual Glamis outing and the 10th anniversary of our club. The weekend went great with fantastic weather other than a 5 minute shower early on Sunday morning. We had a great range of cars on show including the new 430 cup courtesy of Leven Lotus Edinburgh who have picked up where MMC left off and of course Ian Parkin made the effort to bring it up to us in time for Sunday morning, so a huge thanks to both Leven and to Ian, much appreciated. Pity he couldn't leave the car with me though.

A mention must go to David Boyd who after being tail ended on Saturday afternoon in his Evora, he stayed up almost all night to fix the exhaust and the defuser, completing it at 4 am and arriving on the stand after a 3 hr drive for 10 o'clock the cut off time. Now that's dedication.

We didn't have the privilege of 100G this year as she is currently suffering from an oil leak, but Gordon (owner of 100G) turned up last minute in his GT3 instead so the space was filled with what still is a rather nice car. Our Europa race car that was due on stand didn't make it in the end. The deal was that Bruce would have the car there provided it had no shunts or issues at a race meet the previous weekend. Well, it wasn't involved in a shunt but Bruce's tow motor blew the diff and after working on it until 10 pm on the Saturday night, Bruce had to admit defeat. Never mind, maybe next year. Tim and Tina had a special gift for us at the dinner table in that they had had a cake made in the image of Jim Clark and his No 5 which was a nice surprise, so thanks to you both.

Over the two days we had several hundred people on stand admiring the cars and asking the usual question's. How fast is it, is that a Vauxhaull engine, can you still get parts, are they being made in China now, and for a first. I never knew they built a pickup truck. Photographic evidence is available of the actual vehicle on the stand.

Someone totally unexpected apparently turned up asking for us on the stand during the one time Wendy and I managed to get away for a 20 minute break. A certain Mr Brian Angus or so I was informed. Bloody typical for us not to be there, but according to David, he was on the stand speaking with a few of the guy's.

So for all those who helped out and made it possible, from our resident "T" lady, Elaine, all those who helped set up and then take down the banners, Gazzebo etc, thanks ladies and gents.  To those who came from far and near with their chariot's, obviously without you people it wouldn't happen, so huge thanks to you all folks and we hope you enjoyed it.

And to Wendy, the Mrs who now does most of the orgainsing of all our club events, a special thanks as I know Glamis is a nightmare to organise with all their special rules and regulations. Thanks huns, are you ready for next year.

A small selection of photographs showing some of the cars from Sunday and some of the thousands of people who attended.

36875902_1816505461719340_5452780295910588416_o.jpg

36913005_1816504058386147_7536411678733238272_o.jpg

36915615_1816503378386215_7418514822163070976_o.jpg

36981000_1816505945052625_4256551862964060160_o.jpg

37062817_1816504721719414_8732662093322387456_o.jpg

36993200_1071541066334592_24241134721040384_n.jpg

Trump telling May what everyone from both sides of Brexit have said since she announced her plans "You can't stick to EU rules and be independent and have free trade with the rest of the world". 

• Love 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

eeeewwwwww...  It's not even funny. But congrats to your wife.

Now for something funny:

Seeing a sort of interview from Mr. Trump over from the other side of the pond, amongst other Things, he said: "my mothers Scotland and my farthers Germany".

Well, all the laughs you get from a man who is elected president for a huge country...   Bhwwaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ahem...

But that german panzerwagen is not funny. On the contrary, it's a menace ;)

Kind regards despite the panzerwagen,

Jacques

Now, THIS is funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL3IZXOs1iA

and this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Spending the whole weekend up in Notts in my Lotus (Radcliffe on Trent) and hooning then partying. Car went down a treat and one young man was particularly impressed when he told me to "FLoor it" at a set of lights with a Porker Boxter next to me. Needless to say, Said hairdressers car couldn't match me. However.......... see my post in what made you unhappy today.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Took the car to the Gym with ACDC on the radio........even though it was hot I didn't give a monkeys.

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Took the car to the Pub with ACDC on the radio........even though it was hot I didn't give a monkeys.

FTFY 

Only here once

Went to Lotus Silverstone after a long days work. Started at 4am, went to Derby from Wimborne, had a 3.5 hour consultation with a customer, then drove home via them. Some nice toys there!  Really digging their Exige 410. Yellow and blue is a great combo guys!

More importantly, might have finally found my exige. The orange one for sale in the ebay section - nobody steal it, I've been searching for 8 months!

20180717_142818.jpg

20180717_142906.jpg

• Like 1

Spoke to a Millennial Petrolhead on the weekend at a BBQ.  Got round to talking about Lotus and they'd only ever heard they were amazing, reliable cars. Had never heard of the acronym, guess they had been brought up on the Toyota engined cars.  That cheered me up.

Seeing the BBC has finally admitted it's level "My Brazilian Buttlift gave me Septicaemia". 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/44900764/model-my-brazilian-butt-lift-gave-me-septicaemia

is it just me though? Why is that even a story? I mean, its not linked to the Brazilian Doctor who killed his patient as she had it done in Turkey......so it wasn't even a proper Brazilian buttlift. But then to have surgery done that you don't need to have done, which all surgery has an inherant risk, and when it goes wrong play the blame game is just bollox. And whats with the Duckface pose? What is wrong with people that a young woman thinks she needs a butt lift? Does the fact you need to go to Turkey to have it done maybe point towards how its thought of in the UK and give yoyu a hint as to its risks??

• Gold FFM

The story started yesterday. Swmbo discovered me in my den of iniquity on me knees.

fettling with another Esprit. 

“I’ve had an idea” she says

”what” I mutter with a spanner between my teeth, pair of pliers digging in my ass whilst cramped in the Lotus position trying to pull out a circlip

”why don’t you sell an Esprit and buy an Evora” she says.

tonight - she’s been through piston heads and pointed out the ones she reckons would be a great buy 👍

so - who wants a deal? 

• Like 1

Only here once

Going to make the long trip from Bournemouth up to Oakmere. Hoepfully if all goes well, they'll walk away with a sale - funnily enough it's my partner ( wife material ) who said I should go for it too!

11 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

The story started yesterday. Swmbo discovered me in my den of iniquity on me knees.

fettling with another Esprit. 

“I’ve had an idea” she says

”what” I mutter with a spanner between my teeth, pair of pliers digging in my ass whilst cramped in the Lotus position trying to pull out a circlip

”why don’t you sell an Esprit and buy an Evora” she says.

tonight - she’s been through piston heads and pointed out the ones she reckons would be a great buy 👍

so - who wants a deal?