Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 227 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

My wife can’t understand after 25 years of driving it always best way to park a car is to reverse into the space. 
my wife thinks it’s faster to park up front first but unless you have all around sensors or camera I always reverse park !

• Like 2

If I were lucky enough to have the funds, I think it'd be a really close call between an Emira and 410 sport, but at the moment, I think I'd go with the 410 sport!  Infact, I spent a day enjoying that very 410 above around the new forest a few years ago and it was excellent!

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

Is it just me or does that picture show the Evora as more elegant.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but it certainly looks and feels more lithe in this trim at least. Take nothing away from the Emira and I love the quality of the interior etc but it does have a more substantial feel to it..I think the overhangs are shorter on Emira which possibly accentuates this..

I've just made the final payment on my GT410 and am in no doubt I made the right decision over waiting on an Emira.

I think the Emira looks great, but not as elegant a sportscar as the Evora.

That was my first thought on seeing the image above, even though black is probably the last colour I'd choose.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Techyd said:

If I were lucky enough to have the funds, I think it'd be a really close call between an Emira and 410 sport, but at the moment, I think I'd go with the 410 sport!  Infact, I spent a day enjoying that very 410 above around the new forest a few years ago and it was excellent!

Interesting.., ( are you sure it was this one. Looks identical to the press car they had at the time reg A66 BPU )?

I'm enjoying it and love the rawness. More useable than the Caterham I sold but more focused than my old Cayman..

Black looks great but is a pain and wasn't my first choice but there's not many around so had to go for it..

100%, I have photo of it with the same number plates; it was originally a demo car at Snows Lotus Hedge End.  Summer 2018 was when I had it for the day about a month before I opted for and bought my Evora S.

It was an amazing car, know what you mean about black though, also hides how much carbon is on the car.

5 hours ago, Bruss said:

Is it just me or does that picture show the Evora as more elegant.

Yes.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Techyd said:

100%, I have photo of it with the same number plates; it was originally a demo car at Snows Lotus Hedge End.  Summer 2018 was when I had it for the day about a month before I opted for and bought my Evora S.

It was an amazing car, know what you mean about black though, also hides how much carbon is on the car.

Yes I just swapped the Hedge End plates as they were past there best..Previous owner said he went for it as ex demo. Surprised they didn't sell more as I think it's a superb thing but I guess it's the seat/rawness thing that maybe saw people opting for 400's/pork etc instead..

50 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Took the Evora for a spin today, first time in 6 weeks since the Emira arrived and Its still a great car and Ill probably hang on to it as although similar in concept to the Emira its still different enough :)

First chance of some out door shots of the 2:

PXL_20230512_111559345.jpeg

PXL_20230512_104438741.jpeg

PXL_20230512_104355944.jpeg

Love the Emira in that colour. Saw a few at the factory and think it would be my choice too..

Type 14 Elite is certainly stunning and timeless and sadly I’ve never owned one. My first Lotus, at 22 was a 1974 Europa Special in Lagoon blue, silver metal flake sills and the gold stripes. So just like the black JPS specials, but blue. Magnolia trim. Brilliant car which I had for 16 years. I’d buy it back tomorrow, it got me in to Lotus and rest as they say…………..

Ahh the Europa TC in JPS livery circa '73 is the very epitome of Lotus for me. That was the first Lotus I saw in person and it was like seeing a spaceship but even though it has remained my poster dream I would not describe it as elegant when compared to earlier Elite.