Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 205 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

On the final Esprit, the OZ Nova's were high power silver and the paint contained an agent which reflected UV back as visible light, hence their 'high power' if that helps :)

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yeah, it was already yellowing when I got the car (2yrs old) but it’s bad now! One of these things I can’t get hugely excited about spending money on though 😕

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

I've had the Sunbeam Lotus for 22 years, but now its been joined by a fully fledged Lotus.

spacer.png

spacer.png

278760798_10223545333924922_452597169110

278813582_10223545334084926_883426572771

278894311_10223545338045025_260982789167

Is this the car that was for sale at Lotus Silverstone a few months ago? Nice motor!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Gold FFM
On 19/04/2022 at 17:16, mik said:

Yeah, it was already yellowing when I got the car (2yrs old) but it’s bad now! One of these things I can’t get hugely excited about spending money on though 😕

Mine's the same - I put black shark fins over it instead......

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

I did a wrap on my roof to hide some of freaky stone chip damage and edges that were peeling 

after 3 years it’s not perfect but the wrap does help distract the appearance 

likewise the shark fin helps mask the stone chipping 

20 minutes ago, JimH said:

Mine's the same - I put black shark fins over it instead......

Got any images Jim? I did consider this (mainly cos Inlike the aesthetic of the shark fins) but assumed I’d need to take off the existing PPF first. (Maybe you did this?)

• Gold FFM

No - cleaned and straight over the top (checked a 410 at Strattons and that's what the factory do too) - takes the eye off the yellowing a bit and they've been fine....IMG_5638.thumb.JPG.2489a771da9f091e5e82a49a8bfc5909.JPG

• Like 2

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Likewise my wrap guys who do work for Silverstone Lotus just applied it over the PPF areas 

as I said done 3-4 years now it’s still in place looks ok it cleans up ok I have even applied a little polish to get a wee bit darker 

I am sure the shark skin has helped protect from further stone chipping ? 

I've just fitted the shark fins myself to an Arden Red S (Sports Racer look) car and put on top of the PPF.  Used a bit of T Cut (because it was the first product I found in the cupboard that would do the trick - not necessarily as it was the best thing!) carefully where I was going to fit to remove any unwanted surface contaminants and it was an easy fit.  Bought the 2 bits via that recent e-mail about Lotus Parts.  They come on a template larger than the fin itself cut to the wheel arch profile and the lower/upper clam line so any idiot can do it - as I have proved 😝

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

I too just stuck mine on top of the existing PPF after a quick wipe over with some isopropyl alcohol to get rid of any polish/wax residues.

1849921388_EvoraSharkFin.jpg.05497917084a71522861ffff55e5c880.jpg

• Like 2

Probably connected to the various dealers announcing the online lotus parts store. eg

https://www.facebook.com/HendyPerformanceExeter/photos/a.119371516901485/330254162479885/

May be an image of car and text that says "SHOP GENUINE LOTUS PARTS & ACCESSORIES ONLINE SHOP NOW LOTUS"

• Thanks 1

Thanks. For many years in the 90s and early 2000's, Lotus did a regular but sporadic parts sales list. So many bargains.....once an Esprit Sport 300 chassis for not much...I was tempted but didn't. 

I did buy a few 340R spares.

Justin 

Yes that's Candacraig 👍 amazing place.

The mountain road is by Glenshee, it was dusk and the light was beautiful, hundreds of deer out as well.