Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 177 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Pre-empting tomorrow when I’ll be starting work at 7am when I should be nursing the first hangover of 2024! Rubbish !   😤

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are you sure you're "British" @Gjk and not one of those bloody foreigners? I mean, just throw a sickie, like most of the other "British" workers seem to do when they can't get a Union to organise a convenient strike for them  ;)

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I was born in St Mary’s Pompey. So, at best a southern shandy drinking shite! I just can’t bring myself to chuck a sickie but, I won’t be running at 100% tomorrow though…  😉

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Looks like your drought restriction may be lifted by the water company.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well it got worse than that and flooded the garage (the white building on the right) - fortunately only a little bit and we had moved all the impartant stuff onto tables and shelves.

• Sad 3
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Water ingress and damage is a horrible thing to have to deal with.

The small print.

It's not too bad and it is a concrete floor. We have a pond vacuum (a large one!) that can be used to vacuum up the water

• Like 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

On 22/12/2023 at 11:15, ChrisJ said:

Following on from my phone saga in Zambia in August where I lost my phone then found it again after I'd returned to the UK - it was still in Zambia. 

This time, sitting in the pub in T2 @ Heathrow, and the phone decided to brick itself. It is completely locked, cannot soft or hard boot it, nothing, just bricked. Apparently not an uncommon issue with this phone as I have just discovered - Asus ZenFone 8.

Still in warranty, but will have to wait until we get back from Cape Verde. F**king annoying though. 

Thought I'd post here rather than the Happy thread - Warranty claim logged on 30/12. Collected by DHL 3/1 on it's way to the Czech Republic. Just been notified today that the phone has been repaired and is on it's way back to me. Still avoiding Africa I see as I'm off there tomorrow.

Very sad story, 2 year old dies next to 60 year old dad.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/tragic-little-boy-2-dies-28461552

and reported elsewhere.

• Sad 6

• 4 weeks later...

Sad news that Steve Wright passed away today. A part of my youth has gone, just as it did when Wogan died a few years ago. 

RIP Wrighty.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Wendy lost her father yesterday. It was heart breaking to watch him slowly fade. 

• Sad 5

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Sorry to hear that @Kimbers. Thoughts with you all.

• Like 1

The small print.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Lost my Dad about a year ago so I feel for her.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

So sorry to hear the news Anthony. Please pass our best respects and condolences to Wendy and the rest of the family.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Shamima Begum was stripped of her UK citizenship in 2019 yet she still receives UK Legal Aid to appeal it.

Absolutely outrageous. How can UK taxpayers money be used to fund a non citizen claim against the UK Government. It's an absolute bloody gravy train for lawyers in this country.

The small print.

Just now, Bibs said:

£5m so far. 

Please stop it. I'll be on antidepressants if I hear more! 

The small print.