Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 63 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Not saying that Bob. What I am saying is that here, in our press, he's been slated for actually telling the truth for once because Truth hurts to those that lost the Referendum. 

For all the rest of what you say I refer you to my comment "Bit of a knob really isn't he".

My comments aren't based on liking him, agreeing with him or even believing him 99% of the time, its purely on this one incident. And also the fact that a lot of people who have other agenda's have been marching today to stop someone being here who has a legitimate reason to be here, for good or bad.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Last night rather than today, but the muppets on the road. 100 miles & return.

On the way there, a little VW van moved from lane 1 to lane 2 at the roundabout, which was clearly marked as right turn only, then pulled sharply left and in to the only exit lane that existed for straight on, all 4 wheels locked up in braking and I was inches from the side of his van (he was at 45 deg from the road he'd turned that sharply.

On the way back, a little black hatchback went to exit 3 of a standard 4 way two lane roundabout, using lane 1, I had been in lane 2 half a car's length beside it, inches from my bumper to it's driver's door which was perpendicular to my car. 

Is it really that difficult to either understand the lanes to use, or if you make a mistake, just follow the lane you're in an then take action to re-route yourself such as go round the roundabout fully.. Perhaps they are suicidal after the football defeat.

4 hours ago, comem47 said:

The majority of voters did not want him to begin with (he lost the popular vote, but the weighted multiplier of the electoral college got him in).

He is a turd of the highest order. Just would like to see him lose republican support in the mid term elections so he can't always get his way by shaking his rattle. He floats purely on his own hot air.

Image result for trump baby balloon

Remind me again what a fantastic job his predecessor did of fully implementing new policies that actually made a difference to the blue collar workers and poor of America.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes but then again, according to the man himself, the people of the UK actually like him and, as he reminded everyone yesterday, he is a genius :lol:

I personally think he has the IQ of a toad and acts like a spoiled brat. His actions behind Clinton in that debate said everything about the guy and the people of the US should have seen through him.

However, here we are commenting on Trump when we could, god help us, be faced with Jezza leading us :2guns:

11 hours ago, andydclements said:

Last night rather than today, but the muppets on the road. 100 miles & return.

On the way there, a little VW van moved from lane 1 to lane 2 at the roundabout, which was clearly marked as right turn only, then pulled sharply left and in to the only exit lane that existed for straight on, all 4 wheels locked up in braking and I was inches from the side of his van (he was at 45 deg from the road he'd turned that sharply.

On the way back, a little black hatchback went to exit 3 of a standard 4 way two lane roundabout, using lane 1, I had been in lane 2 half a car's length beside it, inches from my bumper to it's driver's door which was perpendicular to my car. 

Is it really that difficult to either understand the lanes to use, or if you make a mistake, just follow the lane you're in an then take action to re-route yourself such as go round the roundabout fully.. Perhaps they are suicidal after the football defeat.

Ok, got pulled over again in less than a month!  This time I was swerving.  Why?  Because my speedometer is stuck at 30 mph.  It was night time and the cop thought I was drunk.  Explained to the cop that I just got my car running again and now I got fix this.  Got lucky and just received a warning.  I was swerving since I was trying to figure out what was happening with my gauge.  Now I get look through the forums for speedo issues.

Another thing.  Is it too much to ask that millennials park properly around nicer cars.  Maybe there needs to be a class to instruct them on etiquette?  Had an 18 year old driving Mom's extra large Chevy Suburban soccer behemoth park within 6 inches of my passenger side.  There were spots everywhere, but the need to park next to me to walk a few less steps to the yogurt shop was more important.  There are certain cars people should avoid parking next to as the cost to repair is simply too high even for minor things.  The basic rule of thumb:  IF it looks expensive, don't park next to it.  It is especially frustrating when you purposely park far away (with nobody near you) and someone parks along side.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

I was just talking about this sort of thing to my boss the other night.

How did such disrespect and lack of courtesy seem to appear everywhere at the same time? It is not just in the UK. It seems to be everywhere. Like the WAVB (We Are Very Bad) Driving School taught everyone at the same time?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Being told by SWMBO "you're not going in that garage or spending any more money on that car until those sleepers are done" of course to fit sleepers you need plenty of copper grease to stop the screws going rusty and cutting discs to smooth the edges obviously don't you?

DSC_0433.thumb.JPG.1a7ee3c0c683c36b980696cf2daea668.JPG

• Gold FFM

Unhappy, yep. Went to see the remnants of an early Elite yesterday to see if anything could be salvaged. It was taken off the road when the gearbox went. The guy then showed me into the first of his storage sheds. Jaw dropper. Sitting in the corner covered in crap was an Austin Martin Volante, next to an Austin Shearline, next to a Fiat Topolino which was next to a TR7 covertable, which was parked under a two post ramp which was holding up an early Mercedes 500 AMG which was sitting next to a collection of vintage motorbikes. He went on to say shed two and another collection of vintage and veteran cars and bikes, shed three had another thirteen bikes and two former F1 cars, shed four had more of the same. What a collection, and everyone decaying and covered in crap, bird shit, old mattresses etc. Outside were a few old international tractors and a very early Ford digger.

Only good part ( the happy part ) is I acquired whats supposed to be a good 2.0Lt engine, but no gaurantee with it,  a complete set of Elite chrome, an Elite tailgate plus some other odds and ends. These are all surplus to my requirements so if anyone needs any of the parts just let me know and make me an offer plus carriage. I am going over to collect everything later this week.

So, leading on from what made me happy today............ I spent the weekend in the Lotus in Notts. And it was friggin hot! My double decision for the last 2 months, one to use my first bonus for a new driveway and the second month to use my bonus to go on holiday, seemed to be a bad one as I literally got out of the car in a puddle of sweat after 3 hours driving up there. Even having the windows open just blew hot air into the car and gave me a blinding headache. The drive back was worse as not only was it swelteringly hot again but I had a liver that was working overtime. I got out of the car half way home and noticed I had tide marks on my Blue shorts. 2 bottles of water over my head later I reluctantly got back in the sweat box and drove the rest of the way. 

Now if someone wants to lend me a COmpressor that would be great. If not shes going away until the hot weather finishes cause I feel really ill from dehydration today and really didn't enjoy that trip!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I didn't drink a huuuuge amount, as I knew I had to drive the next day. 

Yeah it is Tim. £200 from the states. £700 in UK, £1500 from Lotus. Hows that for a mark up!! Will get one from teh states but then have to pay for it, then the fitting, then the condenser I have now been told is on its last legs so that needs doing too. So its not an easy "I'll use my normal wages" kind of repair.

1st day in London for a couple of weeks, unfortunately the first of 4 days this week (can’t remember the last time I was in London 4 days in 1 week) and to top it all I’ve got to wear the full get up tomorrow as I have to go to the House of Commons.

Give me an Evora with faulty aircon any day :hrhr:.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

R.I.P. GUS

The saddest of days and news we wished we never had to share. Our boy, one in a million, so much love, pleasure and laughter, loved by all. We had to make that hard call last Sunday 8th. No more words, needless to say Barb and I devastated.

Love you Gussa, run free buddy 😪

A6F83B07-E356-4E13-B655-04BEC250FE88.jpeg

• Sad 8

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

14 hours ago, Kimbers said:

So, leading on from what made me happy today............ I spent the weekend in the Lotus in Notts. And it was friggin hot! My double decision for the last 2 months, one to use my first bonus for a new driveway and the second month to use my bonus to go on holiday, seemed to be a bad one as I literally got out of the car in a puddle of sweat after 3 hours driving up there. Even having the windows open just blew hot air into the car and gave me a blinding headache. The drive back was worse as not only was it swelteringly hot again but I had a liver that was working overtime. I got out of the car half way home and noticed I had tide marks on my Blue shorts. 2 bottles of water over my head later I reluctantly got back in the sweat box and drove the rest of the way. 

Now if someone wants to lend me a COmpressor that would be great. If not shes going away until the hot weather finishes cause I feel really ill from dehydration today and really didn't enjoy that trip!

Man up you ginger Jesse!

Dave.

• Gold FFM

R.I.P. GUS

The saddest of days and news we wished we never had to share. Our boy, one in a million, so much love, pleasure and laughter, loved by all. We had to make that hard call last Sunday 8th. No more words, needless to say Barb and I devastated.

Love you Gussa, run free buddy 😪

Hi Danny, know your pain, went through the same thing 6 weeks ago when my mate succumbed to cancer. Run free boy.

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Kimbers said:

@Dan Ehasn't got air-con either, and you don't hear him complaining.

Margate Exotics.

15 hours ago, DDubya said:

R.I.P. GUS

Love you Gussa, run free buddy 😪

So sorry to hear mate. They seem to be here for such a short time yet take a big old chunk of our hearts.

• Love 1

Very sad. Lost our boy Sherman in April. I know how you feel mate, but you gave him a great life and he made sure you knew it. He'll be up there telling his new mates about the great time he had.

:yes:

• Love 1

Had a provisional deal set up for an Exige 350, seller sold the car last night before agreeing to term with myself.

I can't fault him cause that guy had the cash ready to go, but still a bit peed off that I missed out on a good deal

so hot I have had to put a towel on my office chair as I was about to drown in the sweat pooling on it!

Image may contain: Anthony Michael, glasses and indoor